- Chinese 101 (Simplified characters)

I don't agree with you. "了" is not only an auxiliary word after verbs, but also has meanings. For examples:

了无生趣 (being no interesting or very much dull. 了 here means 完全,彻底 totally, utterly)
了无声息 (has no sound and breathing, also means being silent very much. 了 here means 完全,彻底 totally, utterly)
知了(means cicada, 知 or 了 don't mean cicada with each single character, the 2 characters must be composed.)

above all 3 examples, 了 is pronounced [liao] not [le];)

You're late, bro.

他的帖子不冒犯了我。谢谢。

Spoiler :
His post didn't offend me. Thanks

a better translation “他的帖子沒冒犯我” or “他的帖子没有冒犯我”

For example:

He do not agree with her.
他不赞同她。
here, not = 不
While, you also can translate it into "他沒赞同她"

不, somewhat forbidden/forced/force to do sth, it is absolutely negative.
沒, a slightly negative.

And sure, your translation is also right, but it sounds odd.

你好! 我不大会说中文。 我正在学。

Spoiler :
Hello! I don't speak a lot of Chinese. I'm learning right now.

Perfect spoken Chinese:goodjob:
Wanna to learn North-East patois of Chinese? I can teach you that:lol:

OMG!已经四页!

Spoiler :
OMG! 4 pages already!

@gangleri
佩服楼主;

多谢!

Spoiler :
Thank you very much!

据我所知,楼主能讲4种语言(汉语,西班牙语,加泰罗尼亚语,英语),对吧?

不对,我会6种语言(加泰兰,西班牙语,英语,德语,汉语和一点儿巴斯克语)。下年我开始学俄语。

Spoiler :
Wrong, I can 6 languages (Catalan, Spanish, English, German, Chinese and a bit of Basque). Next year I begin to study Russian.

楼主是在哪里上的大学?

在巴塞罗那自导大学。

他至少还会说德语和世界语:eek:... 见相关的101帖子。

哈哈哈!我不会世界语,那个句子是Heretic Cata翻译的。

Spoiler :
Hahaha! I can't Esperanto, that sentence was translated by Heretic Cata.

六门外语,那要记住多少字和词啊,思维不会混乱吗?

six different languages! So many many characters and words to be remembered ! won't you confused?

With each additional language a person learns, the next becomes easier. :)

(Or at least will not be as hard as if the person had tried learning it first)

For 101, it can be either yao ling yao or 一百零一

Knowing aronnax personally, seeing him teach chinese is extremely amusing. :crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye:

I'll be here to clarify/contribute on this topic as well. Thanks to the OP for starting this up.

Yesterday I was cleaning my room and I found my first literary creation in Chinese, which I wrote one year ago. As you can see, is a really short text, but don't forget that this is my first one. Here you got it, I hope you like it:

我找谁?
我想爱个女人,就是我真不知道我爱谁。你是我爱的人吗?如果你是我找的人,为什么我不想给你我写的爱信?为什么我不想给你我的心?
我找不到你,因为我找不到我觉得到什么。幸存是个非常难做的东西,但找到你跟更难,因为先我得找到我的心。
那你的名字还是无名,因为我的爱还无心。

Spoiler :
Who am I looking for?
I want to love a woman, but I really don't know who I love. Are you the person I love? If you're who I am looking for, why don't I want to give you the love letter I wrote? Why don't I want to give you my heart?
I cannot find you because I cannot find what I feel. Survive is a hard thing, but finding you is even harder, because first I've to find my heart.
So your name is still Nameless because my love still has no heart.

Yesterday I was cleaning my room and I found my first literary creation in Chinese, which I wrote one year ago. As you can see, is a really short text, but don't forget that this is my first one. Here you got it, I hope you like it:

Spoiler :
Who am I looking for?
I want to love a woman, but I really don't know who I love. Are you the person I love? If you're who I am looking for, why don't I want to give you the love letter I wrote? Why don't I want to give you my heart?
I cannot find you because I cannot find what I feel. Survive is a hard thing, but finding you is even harder, because first I've to find my heart.

:goodjob:It's way better than my first English essay.;)
Since you said it was written one year ago, have you found your love now?
Anyway, if you don't mind, I'd like to start nitpicking.:p
1.Love letter would be 情书 in Chinese.
2.幸存 is literally means "luckily survive", it indicates that you survived an acident, crime etc. e.g. 在这场车祸中,只有他一个人幸存. He's the only survivor of this automobile accident. So proper word would be 生存(survive)/生活(live).
3.In English, thing can refer to an issue or an object. But in Chinese, 东西 can only refer to an object, 事/事情 covers the issue part. So, you should say 生存是一件很难的事情.
Also, usally we will omit 事情, and just say, 生存很难,但要找到你更难.
4.“先我得” doesn't fit the Chinese language custom, it has to be 我得先找到自己的心 or 首先,我得找到自己的心.
5.我的爱还无心 makes little sence in Chinese, an alternative expression can be 我的爱还没有着落(whereabouts/ assured source).

我找谁?
我想爱个女人,就是我真不知道我爱谁。你是我爱的人吗?如果你是我找的人,为什么我不想给你我写的爱信?为 什么我不想给你我的心?
我找不到你,因为我找不到我觉得到什么。幸存是个非常难做的东西,但找到你跟更难,因为先我得 找到我的心。
那你的名字还是无名,因为我的爱还无心。

wow,wow,wow! I think it is really a beatiful poem, I can hardly write such a poem like this. And Chinese is my mother tongue, what a shame!

Though I don't know how to write a poem, I can still do some polishing on the poem. I hope you will like it.

我的爱在何方

我的爱在何方
哪颗苹果我该品尝

你是我爱的人吗
如果是这样
为何我却不想鱼传尺素
也不愿为你挂肚牵肠

我找不到爱的方向
因为我自己感知不到自己的所想
即使是生存的艰难
也难不过对爱一个人的迷茫
因为首先
我得感知自己的所想

所以你至今仍是我无名之爱
只因我心里一直空空荡荡

Who am I looking for?

别忘加个译文。

Spoiler :
Don't forget to add a translation.

@mods: He is saying what I'm saying in my previous text, but in a more poetic and native way ;)

你们好!

我叫junglecutter. 我住在新加坡。我是高中学生,是一年级。我学了中文三年,现在我上中文四课。
我觉得这个thread帮我学习中文因为越我写越好中文。明年我要上AP中文课。

加油!

Spoiler :

Hey Everyone, I'm Junglecutter.

I live in Singapore and I am currently in grade 11. I have studied Chinese for 3 years and am now taking Chinese 4. I believe this thread will help me practice my chinese because the more I am able to practice my writing, the more my chinese will improve and I plan to take AP Chinese next year.

你们好!

我叫junglecutter. 我住在新加坡。我是高中学生,是一年级。我学了中文三年,现在我上中文四课。
我觉得这个thread帮我学习中文因为越我写越好中文。明年我要上AP中文课。

加油!

Some corrections:

我叫junglecutter。我住在新加坡。我是高中生,一年级。我学中文三年了,现在我上中文四课。
我觉得这个帖子(thread)有助于我学习中文,因为写得越多,才能把中文学得更好。明年我要上AP中文课。

Hey Everyone, I'm Junglecutter.

I live in Singapore and I am currently in grade 11. I have studied Chinese for 3 years and am now taking Chinese 4. I believe this thread will help me practice my chinese because the more I am able to practice my writing, the more my chinese will improve and I plan to take AP Chinese next year.

I have a question, somewhat related to Chinese. Why does the Chinese CFC have those weird animal-ish smily-type things instead of :) or :( etc? Is that a trend common among Chinese forums?

I have a question, somewhat related to Chinese. Why does the Chinese CFC have those weird animal-ish smily-type things instead of :) or :( etc? Is that a trend common among Chinese forums?

Why you call those "weird"? I love those animations.
And "Chinese CFC" is CivClub, the abbreviation is CC, the address is www.civclub.net/bbs

Now let me tell you a story about the "weird" animal-ish smily-type things;) Actually, the things have a name----兔斯基(Tusiji or Tuzki).

兔斯基创作者叫王卯卯,是北京广院动画系毕业的小姑娘,平时沉默寡言,在生活当中情绪激动的时候总想用夸张的动作表示自己的想法,可是又不好意思这么做,于是就把这些动作画成这只兔子。后来这些兔子在网上传来传去,人人都用兔子表达自己的夸张动作,这是王卯卯所始料未及的。
现在,原始的动画兔子已经被人们广为润色和修改,几乎中国的每个论坛都有兔斯基的表情形象。

Tusiji was created by Wang Maomao who was graduated from Animation Department in Communication University of China. Wang Maomao was a quiet girl at ordinary times. Once something moved her, she would rather do some exaggerated acts. While she was too shy to do what she wanted. So, she created those animated rabits to express her thoughts. Unexpectedly, her rabits was conveyed from one website to another, everyone like her rabits so much.
Now, the original animated rabits has bee polished and re-created by many many people, almost pop forums present Tusiji, the lovely animated icons.

Here are some Tusiji,

Why you call those "weird"? I love those animations.
And "Chinese CFC" is CivClub, the abbreviation is CC, the address is www.civclub.net/bbs

Now let me tell you a story about the "weird" animal-ish smily-type things;) Actually, the things have a name----兔斯基(Tusiji or Tuzki).

兔斯基创作者叫王卯卯,是北京广院动画系毕业的小姑娘,平时沉默寡言,在生活当中情绪激动的时候总想用夸张的动作表示自己的想法,可是又不好意思这么做,于是就把这些动作画成这只兔子。后来这些兔子在网上传来传去,人人都用兔子表达自己的夸张动作,这是王卯卯所始料未及的。
现在,原始的动画兔子已经被人们广为润色和修改,几乎中国的每个论坛都有兔斯基的表情形象。

Tusiji was created by Wang Maomao who was graduated from Animation Department in Communication University of China. Wang Maomao was a quiet girl at ordinary times. Once something moved her, she would rather do some exaggerated acts. While she was too shy to do what she wanted. So, she created those animated rabits to express her thoughts. Unexpectedly, her rabits was conveyed from one website to another, everyone like her rabits so much. Now, the original animated rabits has bee polished and re-created by many many people, almost pop forums present Tusiji, the lovely animated icons.

Here are some Tusiji,

Major failure:lol::lol:
What we use in Civclub are "Onion Club" system.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onion_Club
Tusiji are these:

Considering that most other "smily systems" are monkey, kitten, pig or frog related, I bet you will find Onion Club the least weird.:mischief:
Monkey:
Frog:
And yes, they're very common among Chinese forums.

My crap. I always think that it is shorter ears!!!! Ironically, I've collected many Tusiji in my QQ, just like you showed.

We don't have tense, gender and other silly things.

Sorry for threadjacking, but how can a language possibly function without tenses? I just cannot conceive this idea, it seems so far out of the system I've learned to use... I'm really curious now.

Top Bottom