- Chinese 101 (Simplified characters)

OT的中国人在那里?

Spoiler :
Where is OT's chinese people?

"二世祖" is Cantonese, in mandarin, it is called "富二代"。

That means, a good-for-nothing young man from a wealthy family or fops or playboys and so on.

OT的中国人在那里?

Spoiler :
Where is OT's chinese people?

我们在这里,只是不在这里。

Spoiler :
We're here, just not HERE.

"二世祖" is Cantonese, in mandarin, it is called "富二代"。

That means, a good-for-nothing young man from a wealthy family or fops or playboys and so on.

富二代?这个习语很逻辑。顺便说一下,白话的习语跟秦始皇的后任有没有关系?

Spoiler :
Second generation richies? This idiom is logic. BTW, does the cantonese idiom have something to do with the successor of Qin Shi Huangdi?

¸»¶þ´ú£¿Õâ¸öÏ°ÓïºÜÂß¼:)¡£Ë³±ã˵һÏ£¬°×»°µÄÏ°Óï¸úÇØʼ»ÊµÄºóÈÎÓÐûÓйØϵ£¿

Spoiler :
Second generation richies? This idiom is logic. BTW, does the cantonese idiom have something to do with the successor of Qin Shi Huangdi?

Nothing to do with Qin ShiHuang or successors.

The pronounciation of ¿Í¼Ò»°(Chiness-Hakka) is generally considerred as the most close to the pronounciation of Ancient Chinese. Also, someone says Cantonese is, since it has 9 different tones.

科学家怎么知道文言文有多少声调?我知道有教诗人怎么写诗的唐朝书让科学家推断中古汉语的发音是什么。但是我从来听过也有让推断文言文的发音的书。

Spoiler :
How do scientists know how many tones did Classical Chinese have? I know there're books from the Tang dynasty that teach the poets how to compose a poema that let scientists deduce the pronunciation of Middle Chinese. But I've never heard that there're books that let deduce the pronunciation of Classical Chinese.

Sorry for writing this only in english, but my chinese is still too primitive for real conversations: One of my chinese teachers said that classical chinese poems rhyme in cantonese but not in mandarin, therefore cantonese pronouncation must be much closer.

这个研究办法很奇怪。用这个研究办法你可以知道音节的发音,但是你不可以推断它们的声调是什么。

Spoiler :
This research method is strange. Using this research method you can know the pronunciation of the syllable, but you cannot deduce what's their tone.

Õâ¸öÑо¿°ì·¨ºÜÆæ¹Ö¡£ÓÃÕâ¸öÑо¿°ì·¨Äã¿ÉÒÔÖªµÀÒô½ÚµÄ·¢Òô£¬µ«ÊÇÄã²»¿ÉÒÔÍƶÏËüÃǵÄÉùµ÷ÊÇʲô¡£

Spoiler :
This research method is strange. Using this research method you can know the pronunciation of the syllable, but you cannot deduce what's their tone.

²»Ææ¹Ö¡£Öйú¹ÅÊ«ÓÐÑϸñµÄƽØƹ涨¡£
It is not strange. Chinese conventional poem has strict level and oblique tones' rules.
˳±ã˵Ï£¬ºº×Ö¶¼Êǵ¥Òô½ÚµÄ£¬Çø±ð²»Í¬µÄºº×Ö·¢Òô¿¿µÄ¾ÍÊÇÉùµ÷£¬Õâ¸úÓ¢ÓïÍêÈ«²»Í¬¡£
By the way, all Chinese characters is single syllable, and tones is the basic method to distinguish characters at oral. It is totally different from English.
»òÐí£¬ÎÒ¶ÔÄãÌáµ½µÄÒô½Ú£¨syllable£©ÓÐÎó½â£¬ÎÒµÄÈ·²»Ì«Ã÷°×ÄãÕfµÄ¡°Òô½ÚµÄ·¢Òô¡±Ö¸µÄÊÇʲô¡£
Perhaps, I misunderstood you about syllable. I'm not very much sure about "Òô½ÚµÄ·¢Òô" you mentioned.
ÒòΪÔÚÎÒ¿´À´£¬¡°Òô½ÚµÄ·¢Òô¡±¾ÍÊÇÉùµ÷¡£ Èç¹ûÄãÄÜ˵Ã÷°×¾ÍºÃÁË¡£
In my opinion, "Òô½ÚµÄ·¢Òô" = tones. It is cool if you can explain that in details.

我不明白两个句子。它们在“许三观卖血记”的第二章。

许三观说:“我不吃西瓜了,四叔,我吃了有两个西瓜了吧?”
他的叔叔说:“没有两个,我也吃了,我吃了半个。”

他们在说什么呢?我不明白。先许三观说他没吃但是以后他说他吃了两个?他是什么意思?

Spoiler :
I don't understand a couple of sentences. They're in the second chapter of 许三观卖血记.

许三观说:“我不吃西瓜了,四叔,我吃了有两个西瓜了吧?”
他的叔叔说:“没有两个,我也吃了,我吃了半个。”

What are they saying? I don't get it. First 许三观 says that he has not eaten but then he says he has eaten a couple. What does he mean?

我不明白两个句子。它们在“许三观卖血记”的第二章。

他们在说什么呢?我不明白。先许三观说他没吃但是以后他说他吃了两个?他是什么意思?

Spoiler :
I don't understand a couple of sentences. They're in the second chapter of 许三观卖血记.

What are they saying? I don't get it. First 许三观 says that he has not eaten but then he says he has eaten a couple. What does he mean?

Doesn't the 吧 at the end indicate a proposition ? My guess would be be thinks there are two watermelons and he aks if he can eat them. What don't get is the 了, but then I'm never sure about 了.
我吃了有两个西瓜了吧?.

根据上下文他已经吃了西瓜。他就问田地里的西瓜是什么种西瓜(顺便说一下,他们在田地吃西瓜的时候,他叔叔告诉他田地的西瓜是两种的),然后许三观说他没吃西瓜了,但是他整上个段落在吃西瓜。这个使我困惑。

Spoiler :
According to the context he has already eaten watermelon. He just asks what kind of watermelons are the watermelons of the field (while they're eating watermelons his uncle tells him that in the field there're two kinds btw), then 许三观 says that he has not eaten watermelons but he has been eating watermelons the whole previous paragraph. This puzzles me.

First, 许三观 DID NOT say he " has not eaten watermelons."
It means "I do not eat/am not eating watermelon (anymore)."
Generally (I think), 了 indicates present perfect only when it directly follows a verb.

我看不懂eoc的帖子
Spoiler :
Wǒ kàn bù dǒng EOC de tiězi
I can't read eoc's posts

Probably came out wrong, thanks to Google.

Oh, and I'm more used to seeing 〇, instead of 零 for zero.

First, 许三观 DID NOT say he " has not eaten watermelons."
It means "I do not eat/am not eating watermelon (anymore)."
Generally (I think), 了 indicates present perfect only when it directly follows a verb.

哎呀! 这个“了”的意思跟完成体的“了”不一样!

但是下个句子的部分他用两个“了”。这是什么意思?

Spoiler :
Ah! The meaning of this "了" and the perfective "了" are not the same!

But in the next part of the sentence he uses two “了”. What does this mean?

我看不懂eoc的帖子
Spoiler :
Wǒ kàn bù dǒng EOC de tiězi
I can't read eoc's posts

Probably came out wrong, thanks to Google.

Oh, and I'm more used to seeing 〇, instead of 零 for zero.

我也看不见他的帖子.看起来他用Big5写汉字。顺便说一下,我写了“零”因为这是一个传统的汉子。

Spoiler :
Neither do I. Looks like he uses Big5. BTW, I wrote “零” because it's a traditional character.

The construction 不...了 usually means not any more, and can in context indicate a strong aversion to do something again. I learned that in my first semester but didn't think of it yesterday.:wallbash:
So he doesn't want to eat watermelons because he has already eaten two.
I think the two 了 in "我吃了有两个西瓜了" mean that he has eaten two whole watermelons alone. The second 了 means that an action has been completet in the past, but as always with 了 I'm not certain.
Now I don't really get the 吧 and the question mark at the end of the sentence.

江西人大代表独立候选人被警察带走

江西新余市独立参选人大代表的候选人刘萍和魏忠平星期五(13日)被警察带走,与外界失去联系。

维权网站“参与”(www.canyu.org)公开了刘萍在被带走前与网友的通话录音[/url].

录音显示,他们被带走的原因可能是“破坏选举秩序。”

另一位独立参选人李思华也受到警察严密监视。

刘萍星期三在住处附近的公共场所发表演讲,解释对公民参选人大代表的权利和意义的看法。

5月6日刘萍也做了一场公开演讲。讲演被警察驱散,她本人被警察送回家。

星期三她接受了BBC中文网电话采访。她说受到警察骚扰,不敢出门,警察就守在门口。

刘萍2009年从新余钢铁厂下岗。她曾获得30多人联名推荐作为候选人参加江西新余市渝水区人大代表换届选举。

选举将在5月15日、16日举行。

BBC

刘萍和魏忠在哪里?你们有没有最近消息?

Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Jiangxi People's Congress away by the police independent candidates

Xinyu City, Jiangxi Province People's Congress candidate for independent candidates Liu Ping and Wei Zhongping Friday (13) was taken away by police, lost contact with the outside world.

Activist site "participation"(www.canyu.org) Liu Ping made ​​public before being taken away by friends call recording [/ url].

Recording revealed that they were taken away may be due to "disrupt the election order. "

Another independent candidate Lisi Hua also closely monitored by the police.

Liu Ping at his residence on Wednesday, delivered a speech in public places around to explain to citizens the right to stand for election of deputies and significance of view.

May 6 Liu Ping also made a public speech. Speech by the police to disperse, the police sent her own home.

She accepted the BBC on Wednesday, the Chinese network telephone interview. She said harassment by the police, afraid to go out, the police at the door.

Liu Ping in 2009 laid off from the steel plant of Xinyu. She has received more than 30 joint recommendation as a candidate in Xinyu City, Jiangxi Province People's Congress election Yushui.

Election will be May 15, 16 held.

Translated by google translate

BBC

Where are Liu Ping and Wei Zhongping? Do you have any recent news?

化身:最後風脅功師和神秘博士是只電視我喜. 但时间旅行劇是禁止在中國是以我將看化身如果我行在中國!

Spoiler :
Avatar: the Last Airbender and Doctor Who are the only TV shows I enjoy. However, Time travel dramas are banned in China, so I'll be watching Avatar if I ever travel to China!

Spoiler :
Okay, I also watch Aftermath, but that has what: 6 episodes?

我还记得神秘博士才是DOCTOR WHO的翻译。
( I remember that Doctor Who is 神秘博士 translation.哈哈 Just got done with season 5.

Top Bottom