1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

choxorn 01: Low level training game

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Succession Games' started by choxorn, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Whomp

Whomp Keep Calm and Carry On Retired Moderator

Well you've accomplished your mission Choxorn. You've fully annoyed me.

Count me out of this one Choxorn. I have zero interest in training you (sorry to all the other players). There are plenty of players much better than I so maybe they'll step up and fill the role. Adios.

2. jclast

jclast Chieftain

I think I'm out, too. This game seems to have moved from training and learning to nothing at all.

3. Bucephalus

Bucephalus Shooting from the lip....

Does the phrase "when you're in a hole - stop digging" mean anything to you?

A blind man could see the respect gmaharriet enjoys in these forums. And you have alienated our mentor. I too withdraw.

4. The 777 Hoax

The 777 Hoax future skeleton

"A house divided against itself cannot stand" - Abraham Lincoln.

Looks like this house is pretty divided.

Sorry, but I'm out.

5. choxorn

choxorn Watermelon Headcrab

Okay, just forget it. This game has died. I guess I can try again later now that I know how things work in training games. This game is over.

6. goodsmell

goodsmell Psychonaturalist

You could ask before you had created this one ;) but nevermind .

7. choxorn

I have no idea what that means. ;)
    P.S. Is anybody interested in seeing how I played that last turnset (which, BTW, was 11 turns :))?

8. vmxa

vmxa Deity Supporter

What he was saying is that you started a training game, but needed to get an understanding of what that type of game was meant to be and could have asked or looked at some of the better ones.

Otherwise just play a non training SG as it hurts the trainees if they are not allowed to learn. Dropping 20 turns at any stage of a training game is not going to be very helpful to trainees.

It is best to actually show as much detail as you can stand to write and to give an explaination of events and thinking. Worker moves are one of the important aspect for new players to learn as well as city placement and builds and timing of builds.

If someone drops 20 turns with mostly ZZZ's, what is imparted? Now you had someone that was willing to under take the task, but he was ignored often and finally run off.

Even if you totally disagreed, you are not doing yourself or the others any favors, but not trying to be a team player, hence no one is left.

9. choxorn

I guess I'll just try again later and make it an actual training game.

10. Abegweit

Abegweit Anarchist trader

It's rather clear that you don't know how a teaching gane works and, if you try to set one up, you won't get any teachers.

Let me give you a bit of friendly advice: try a normal succession game instead. You might have a chance with that.

11. CommandoBob

CommandoBob AbstractArt

@choxorn: This game only got to 3100 BC, so a lot of the game is left to be playe. You may want to consider this. Play the game on your own, but play it as a SG, posting saves and turn logs as you go. This involves a lot of work, but by playing the game in groups of 10 or even 20 turns, you begin to plan your turns and work a little bit better than before. I've got a game like this in Stories and Tales; it might serve as a guide.

12. choxorn

@abgweit: Yeah, maybe just a normal succesion game. If I want a training game, I'll join someone else's.
    @commando: I'll check that game out and see if I want to do something like that.

13. kill fire

kill fire Enormous Midget

well this kinda sucked