Christian Music.

on occasion i do like gospel music like you would find in a black church, but I dont' think there is many good christian rock songs. If for no other reason than christian music is limited to christian themes which are far from rocking.

Christianized other music, like Christian Rock and what have you, I generally don't like. Throw Jesus into a few lines and water it down, and voila, contemporary christian.

I do like a lot of Gospel like The Blind Boys of Alabama. Reverend Charlie Jackson and Reverend Gary Davis are two awesome Gospel/Blues musicians too.

Five iron frenzy

supertones

creed

POD

MXPX

Switchfoot is pretty cool. Check out the songs, "Stars" and "American Dream"

Those gregorian chanting monks are cool

Yes, I'm serious. It's good music to relax to.

Awesome. :goodjob:

Stemming from an argument I had with my mother, cause I'm so cool I do that sometimes.

Since I listen to such satanic and decadent music, if anyone can show me Christian bands that kick half as much ass as the ones I listen to, I'll give them a shot.

Put up.

There arent any, all Christian music should come with its own puke bag.

I see all of you understand what the media has force-fed you, and know little of the actual scene. How tragic, being victims of the same judgment yourselves. Not everything you see on TV and hear on the radio represents the entirety of the scene, just as it doesn't do punk or metal justice.

I see all of you understand what the media has force-fed you, and know little of the actual scene. How tragic, being victims of the same judgment yourselves. Not everything you see on TV and hear on the radio represents the entirety of the scene, just as it doesn't do punk or metal justice.

What is your view then?

As far as contemporary music goes, I have yet to find one Christian band I like, besides
Five iron frenzy
But even then, I've only listened to their non-christian songs. Generally I hate that kind of music, 1 because it sounds bad, 2 because its message, 3 because it sounds bad. I may well be the anti-christ, btw.
But classical music has a lot of jebus in it and its not bad.

@nico

It's like any other scene. It has it's annals of shame and it has some exquisite triumphs. Like any other kind of music (and it's not even a kind of music really), it has ups and downs, good and bad, and so much depends on pre-conceived bias and personal prefrence.

I'll be testing all the aforementioned bands.

The music I mianly wanted to test here was metal. Seeing as the good metal bands are always accused of being satanic.

Also, since rock and punk bands have sex and materialism, you can give me some of those as well.

Hell, I know I'll regret this, but even hip hop from a Christian perspective is welcome.

A lot of Creeds music had definite christian messages in them.

I'll be testing all the aforementioned bands.

The music I mianly wanted to test here was metal. Seeing as the good metal bands are always accused of being satanic.

The problem with bands that market themselves as "Christian music" is that most of them have that as their primary attraction, i.e. they just aren't very good.

That said, among the chaff there's a bit of wheat, and there's no shortage of relatively unknown bands within the various subgenres of metal who actually have pro-Christian lyrics as a central feature (not counting bands who only occasionally dip into that well; there are many more of those). Some of these are even legitimately good, check out Antestor or Paramaecium for example. Or even such an important early doom band as Trouble.

Does Baba Yetu count? :mischief:

And more seriously, does Trans Siberian Orchestra count? They have some pretty good Christmas music.

"All you need to do is change the word Jesus to Baby and you go from a Christian song to a non Christian one."

From The Simpsons, I presume?

About that metal-like music, I don't think there is much like that. Or actually there is some but almost all I've heard is very militant and thus actually anti-christian. Just like those stereotypical "kill'em all! Graagh! The fire of hell consume you!" metal bands it seems to be "Kill'em heathens all! Graagh! The fire of hell consume them!" which is contradictory with the pacifist ideology of real christianity.

There is only one metal-like song I know which is not like that, and it's in foreign languages only.

Stemming from an argument I had with my mother, cause I'm so cool I do that sometimes.

Since I listen to such satanic and decadent music, if anyone can show me Christian bands that kick half as much ass as the ones I listen to, I'll give them a shot.

Put up.
Sanctifica is moderately good Christian black metal. Actually, I really only like two of their songs. Most of them sound too noisy.

Trouble is moderately good Christian heavy metal. They also have only a smattering of good songs. But those good songs are gems.

Here's one of Sanctifica's. It's good but not great. Their best song by far is Spirit of Purity. Spirit of Purity is one of the very few metal songs to make great use of 3/4 time and it sounds awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz8Y6Bfaol8

I found Trouble. This song is "The Tempter" and the goober that made the Youtube clip misspelled it. The Tempter is a spectacular song from Trouble and it's one of their gems in my opinion. The sound quality here is pretty good even though it's live.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V4KXpJCngs

Amy Grant before she went secular was very good. Her Straight Ahead album was great, but you might as well go for the gusto and get The Collection..

Top Bottom