1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Chronicles [modmod]

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by Zeta Nexus, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Timekiller

Timekiller Chieftain

This modmod seems awesome! I'll be watching like a hawk for the next update! :lol:

2. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Chieftain

Work is in the process but right now I'm working on the MegaCivPack update, but I'm low on time :sad:

3. Timekiller

Timekiller Chieftain

Well, if there's any grunt work I could help with, please just send me a message!
    I've just gotten started with modding Civ4 only fiddled a little bit with the files, but they don't seem all too complicated; I've added custom diplomacy music for the Trojan leaders, changed Kong Knut's title from "king of England, Norway, Denmark and some of Sweden" to "Ruler of the North Sea" (Omitting "Empire", because it sounds cooler and more fitting; he was a warrior king of old Jutland and not some stuck-up noble obsessed with listing his titles and honors. :mischief:), removed a couple of leaderheads that felt out of place (I've already forgotten which ones since I purged them at the same time as the modern civs; can't stand seeing tricolors and the like during the ancient era. :crazyeye:) and eased the crippling -4 relations hit with weaker civs from Imperium to a far more manageable -2 (-1 globally and -1 due to being weaker, usually coupled with another -1 due to being threatened, giving a constant -3). Now I'm looking to add new leaderheads I've found on the forums.

4. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Chieftain

I don't like that either.
    Well... if you want to help would you like to collect alternative flags for those? It's okay if you cannot work with Civ4 graphics, collecting and posting alternatives here on the forum is enough.

5. Timekiller

Timekiller Chieftain

I'm on the case. :smoke:

Armenia:
    Either the Arsacid or Artaxiad banners should work here.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Arshakuni.svg
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Artaxiad_standard2.svg

Norway:
    The Norwegian Lion is pretty obvious here.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Kongeflagg.svg

Sweden:
    The Three Crowns of the Swedish Realm.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Roundel_of_Sweden.svg

I'll keep updating this list now and then. :thumbsup:

Personally, I'd be more in favor of merging the Scandinavian kingdoms into the Viking civ and renaming it the Norse or Nordic civ, giving it the Raven Banner, which is currently used by Denmark, as its symbol. Same goes for a couple of other civs (such as Latvia+Lithuania=>Balts and Germany+HRE=>Germany/HRE), though this would mean either generalizing/removing some unique units or giving the combined civs multiple unique units and buildings which, if even possible, would be unbalanced. :undecide:

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  6. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Chieftain

7. billw2015

billw2015 Chieftain

Field Commanders appear to be broken. Combat does not result in control points being used or experience being gained! I tried without this modmod and it works fine.

/edit Never mind I was wrong, the behaviour changed when the settings got reset not when your mod got removed! Sorry!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  8. Brett Caton

Brett Caton Chieftain

Change log

-TERRITORY GOVERNANCE-

Fiefdom:
    +10% hammers and gold replaced with -10%
    added -20% maintenance for distance and number of cities
    removed Manor as apossible civic building
    axed +33% food needed to grow city
    axed +33% population overceowding

(NEW) Colonial:
    +20% maintenance on Home Continent
    -50% maintenance for Overseas Cities
    +1 local stability
    +1 national instability
    +50% city distance stability
    settling more than 5 cities will cause 1 unhappiness in every cite for each one over that limit
    Workers and Settlers trained 50% faster
    50% faster construction of Meeting Hall, Butchery, Bakery, Doctor's Office, Forge, Police Station, Stonemason and Mill
    civic building:

I changed from Fiefdom to Colonisation when the tech became available, then noticed my civilisation crashed. I finally figured out it was because i hadn't noticed that Colonial had a per city unhappiness penalty.

This seems like it should be in fiefdom instead? Because fiefdom is medieval, and colonial is more about the big push that created the americas, and built up the british empire so it briefly covered a good chunk of the globe?

Or at least that is my interpretation.

If you don't feel that is right, is it possible for me to edit my own version for my own use? I remember editing buildings.xml etc when the game first came out but that was years ago, and i don't see anything with your modmod that i can edit to alter the civics?

9. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Chieftain

THX for the feedback :)

I will probably remove that penalty in next version (and change a lot of other things too).

But till than you can edit Chronicles_CIV4CivicInfos.xml.
    Find
    Code:
            <CivicInfo>
                <CivicOptionType>CIVICOPTION_TERRITORY</CivicOptionType>
                <Type>CIVIC_COLONIALISM</Type>
                <iCityLimit>5</iCityLimit>
                <iCityOverLimitUnhappy>1</iCityOverLimitUnhappy>
            </CivicInfo>

Change both numbers to 0 and it'll be fine.