1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

Thanks for the help - does this mean that we don't need to copy the EUI overrides into the Overrides folder anymore? I'm gonna assume so, since my production queue no longer works... (no Lua error).

Also, am I right by saying that the Magistrate's Court will always be available if CID is enabled, regardless of whether the Claims usersetting is disabled or enabled?

2. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

You don't need the Overrides stuff if you're not using EUI.

Yup. Best way for me to use it in Sovereignty.

3. Gyra Solune

Gyra Solune King

Oh huh, so this now pretty much incorporates Health and Plagues? Intriguing.

One thing that sort of bothers me: shouldn't the Health-related crime be like, Pollution instead of Suicide? The latter strikes me as really weird, to be honest.

4. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

It doesn't incorporate it, I have created and designed my own version, to tie in better with my overarching design philosophy and my other mods. Plus I haz skulls for my Plagues :p

Pollution is an interesting idea! But like I replied on the wiki, Suicide is a personal preference for the Health Crime. Maybe I'll have the option for users to switch it to Pollution.

5. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

An update for CBP users:
    • Changed the Great Dignitaries expenditure jingle.
    • Fixed an issue wherein the Production Popup did not display the Happiness of a city (this is for when Health is inactive).
    • Fixed an incompatibility between CBP+CSD+CivIVDiplo and CID.

I also threw in some sneaky support for Piety, so I recommend everything update to this. But I'll remind you when Piety is updated.

6. Kesler

Kesler Master Kekkler

Skulls are much better than the sicky face you were going for xD

Pollution has also been done by the same person who did H&P originally, but that mod too has fallen in dire need of QOL updates which I don't believe it would be receiving. However, I would be concerned if too many production buildings started adding a lot of negative traits.

By the way, one of the standard decisions is "Standardize Public Transport" which gives a city a Public Transport building. Should that not also contribute to disease? And do stoneworks and forges really contribute to disease? I get it's a gameplay thing, but is there history behind it?

Also, apologies for the Mercs list not being finished yet. I've been distracted by family and time to sleep.

7. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

You can thank Sukritact :)

I was thinking just as the Health Crime instead of Suicide. I do agree - which is why I'm hesistant to do - if anything - penalty-wise viz. Power.

Good idea. I'm sure there's a conceptual basis. Maybe breathing in various material cuttings? I dunno - I just copied Civ IV :p

How dare you! To the dungeon with you. No worries, of course. Thanks for starting it anyway :D

8. Motomiya Nagisa

Motomiya Nagisa Chieftain

From the wiki page, this mod seems to have basic compatibility with civs that don't say anything about supporting it.

Is this true? Say if I use one if Vice Virtusoso's Neptunia civs, it would work by default, but lack specific stuff?

9. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Changes such as Crime or Loyalty to vanilla Buildings should retroactively change modded uniques, even where support hasn't been made explict. The only thing I cannot fix myself (and requires the mod author to do so) is any unique that has Crime but is 'maintenance free' as its effect. But this would only be an aesthetic issue, where it'll become crime free instead.

10. Motomiya Nagisa

All right, thanks for the response.

11. Kesler

Kesler Master Kekkler

Now that I think about it, if you do add a disease modifier to Public Transportation, you may need to give it a buff too. Right now it only provides a one time use WLTKD, which may not be worth a constant source of disease, not unless it provides something like +5% production or Golden Age points.

I'm not sure if they had tools precise enough to cut shards small enough to be inhaled without notice. Maybe they invented electric saws :3 Could Djoser's Brick Mason provide no disease?

Final suggestion, could tiles with fallout provide disease somehow? Every tile around a city with fallout increases the city's disease by +1?

12. Motomiya Nagisa

I've got a bug where buildings and production don't show up in the city menu. I built stonehenge, but got no free shrine, it doesn't appear in the building list, and unlocked buildings aren't available.

I'm using this with CBP, Piety, ExCE, E&D. Playing as Vice Virtuoso's Lastation Civ. I followed the directions and enable the CBP compatability, and copied the override files since I'm using EUI.

Things showed up properly before I finished Stonehenge though. The city-state interface is a bit weird though, with the Trait, Personality, Resources all shifted to the right.

I'm pretty sure I'm using the latest version; used the link from here.

EDIT: Looking at it closely, it kinda feels like the city screen's been frozen from the time before I built Stonehenge. City-States also have some txt_key stuff going on, piety_first or something.

13. TheD3rp

TheD3rp Lowly Footsoldier

I've been having a problem in that once the National Intelligence Agency is built I can't choose production in my city and the city screen gets messed up:
    Spoiler :

The mods I have installed are More Luxuries, ExCE, CulDiv, Mercenaries, E&D, CiD, Piety, Unlimited Exp from Barbarians, Unique Cultural Influence, Quick Turns, Historical Religions Complete, Enlightenment Era, and Civ Names By Polices.

14. Fedatur

Fedatur Warlord

Hey JFD, when I use CID with Enlightment Era (v5) there is problem with claims. Any kind of CS demand Land trade route to push additional claim. More over even if I have trade route with mercantle CS it didn't add claim.

15. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

Courts increase crime? Boy. I still uphold my opinion that crime should be dependent in happiness(local happiness should decrease crime, and golden ages too, people won't steal if they're happy.

16. Dallandra

Dallandra Chieftain

Quoting this to comfirm the problem. Same set of mods, CBP with EUI, Piety, ECE, E&D and Neptunia civs. Getting the same frozen city screen after Stonehenge. All compatibility settings have been set and the override files have been copied.

17. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

See here for the UI issue, and please report back.

Lua log plz.

Think of it as Courts make Crime more apparent. But also corrupt Judges are a thing.

Hahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahhahahhahahhahahhahahhahahah.

Happy birthday, Natan :p

Yeah, you're probably right. I'll leave the PT alone.

I don't think the Brick Mason needs buffing any further. If its truly I problem, I'll sooner remove Disease from the Stone Works.

Fallout produces +5 Disease.

18. TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence Grumpy Snufkin

I was getting said, or similar issue with the City Screen UI when using the latest (update that you linked) version of CID and the base CP - I was also noticing an issue where once I had puppeted a city, I couldn't access things in my Capital's screen and it seemed to have the same UI options as a Puppet. Other cities seemed fine though.

Would logs help, and if so which should I include?

19. Motomiya Nagisa

That's the same download link from the post I quoted though.

20. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Lua log, plz.

No, you quoted this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.