Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fedatur

Fedatur Warlord

Provincies looks intresting and not really dictating your gamestyle, which is good. Looks like its best to use for tall empires.

2. NobodyExpectsMe

NobodyExpectsMe Chieftain

Hello,

Today I tried to install your mods with Community Patch. So far i have some questions and problems. Is this mod compatible with your others mods, Peity and Exploration Continued?

Even when I disabled every other mod and stayed with Community Patch and Ciies in Development i cannot enter cities neither choose production and when i enter tech tree something like this happen:
    http://imgur.com/pMU0SbQ " align="" border="0" />

I'm sorry if you have to answer at this question again and again because of me but could someone help me? :(

PS.: I'm not using EUI.

3. TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence Grumpy Snufkin

Just a couple more issues to report with the new trading posts - it looks like the tooltip on the improvement is not displaying how many turns until it grows into a village/whatever. It also seems like workers, when ordered to build a trading post on a marsh - will not remove the marsh first. I can't remember if the latter occurs in the base game, or if it is related to the CP however :p

I'm also getting the reported issue where mousing over the Loyalty in the City Screen does not provide a breakdown.

4. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

Trade Posts don't remove Marshes, nor Jungles or Forests.

5. TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence Grumpy Snufkin

I knew that they didn't remove forests and jungles - not sure why I didn't make the leap to extend this to marshes though.

Thanks for the info!

6. AxGrinder

AxGrinder Chieftain

Has anyone gotten CID (v13) to work with the CP (v72)? I can get all the other JFD mods to start with CP, but when I add in CID, it crashes before I get to the start screen. No mods to CID other than to enable CP integration and the UI overrides; same for all other JFD mods (same as I've done tens of times). Yep, clean cache.

Including LUA logs both w/ and w/o CID.

Sorry, I can't seem to find what's causing the problem.

AG

Attached Files:

7. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

I don't think there'd be any risk. I always use the betas, and never encounter issues.

Nope, just download it from here

It doesn't appear as in it returns an empty black box, an error string, etc.? Could you provide a screenshot of what happens? Also, does it work for Colonies/Conquered Cities?

The space is added in by the forum when a string of characters gets too long. On this issue, I've fixed it. It could contribute to instability, sure. My tests for stability were done just before I added some stuff viz. Provinces and Loyalty, which this issue concerns.

For people experiencing the same issue, Sukritact has found updating to the latest version of EUI fixes the problem.

Yes, but that was going to cause a whole heap of mechanical issues that I didn't really want to deal with, particularly for something not intended to be the default.

Intended, although I do update their Colonist with Jan's artwork.

A modicum of praise in this sea of bugs. Thank you :D

Could you please provide your Lua and Database logs. And welcome to the forums :D

Do you mean it crashes at the "Mods Loading" part or at the end of the Dawn of Man speech? The former will mean a mod conflict (and according to your mod list, shouldn't thereby make sense), whereas the latter will suggest a missing database class (which I can try to track down, but I'll need your database log).

Whas it to you that I said Tribes wasn't ready and shouldn' be enabled? :p

Thanks for the bug reports guys (and thanks for your patience). I'll look into them asap.

8. Kesler

Kesler Master Kekkler

I swear to all that is good and holy that I've been to that page before, but it was always version 69 :mad:

Now time to see if I can get a game in before the Unreal Engine finishes download :p

9. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

Just nothing happen when I put the mouse on, no even an empty box nor an error string. But works fine in conquered/colony cities.

Sorry, I'm not at my computer so I can't provide a screenshot(but you can image that, as I describe, just nothing happen). If you need logs please see the attachment of my last two bug report post.

10. AxGrinder

AxGrinder Chieftain

@JFD -- Do you mean it crashes at the "Mods Loading" part or at the end of the Dawn of Man speech? The former will mean a mod conflict (and according to your mod list, shouldn't thereby make sense), whereas the latter will suggest a missing database class (which I can try to track down, but I'll need your database log).

AG -- Crashes before it gets all the way through the speech. Database log attached, running with CID.

@JFD -- Whas it to you that I said Tribes wasn't ready and shouldn' be enabled? :p

AG -- Yep, twas. This time all mods are being run as downloaded (plus instructions).

In my meager defense, it wasn't obvious from the wiki that the Tribes code was WIP. I understand you want to have it all there available to you; however, having a WIP switch likely avoids this situation (unless this sort of thing happens, er, once). :(

Attached Files:

11. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Could you try disabling ExCE - I did encounter an issue between ExCE and CID that I'll need to fix (the latest update to ExCE doesn't fix this, this will have to wait for CID v14).

12. AxGrinder

AxGrinder Chieftain

Clearing cache and rerunning now...
    EDIT: Same result as running with ExCE. You did notice a failure in the DB log:

table Technologies_JFD_MiscEffects has no column named PortraitEUIOnly

I am running with EUI. Is this sufficiently broken?

13. jalaspisa

jalaspisa Chieftain

Greetings! I am using CBP with this mod, and seem to run into issues with loyalty. When I play with loyalty activated, I get this in the LUA log:

[111666.250] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Joseph\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 13)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\InfoTooltipInclude.lua:568: attempt to index field 'YIELD_JFD_LOYALTY' (a nil value)

It makes the game literally unplayable, for it messes up the tech tree and makes it so I cannot can choose any productions.

With loyalty disabled in config, the game appears to run fine with all bugs no longer appearing.

I have current versions of all the mods, and have enabled the CBP setting in the config file.

14. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

15. jalaspisa

jalaspisa Chieftain

I only see the Jan 1st version of the CP up on the site. what do you mean by the one from the
    10th?

16. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

17. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

18. azurial

azurial Chieftain

With these mods install CID (v13), CP (v72), CBP (v13), ExCE (V.8) and CulDiv Core (v4) i am getting this error x 4 times :)

Spoiler :

[2277887.583] Syntax Error: C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 13)\Components\Provinces\Lua\Utilities\JFD_CID_ProvincesUtils.lua:214: chunk has too many syntax levels

I thought that the happiness system of CBP was conflict with the CID (v13) and i disable it. By disable it (CBP) finally i saw the Crime and Loyalty features :king: at City Banner but now cant construct anything is the town :D i also getting this message

Spoiler :
    [2278728.771] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 13)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\InfoTooltipInclude.lua:1654: attempt to call global 'JFD_GetHealthExcess' (a nil value)

but at settings i have not change anything at health they are 0 from default ...
    oh and btw JFD_CID_COMMUNITY_BALANCE_PATCH is 1 from 0 default

Update
    by disabling JFD_CID_PROVINCES_CORE and all PROVINCES related settings and removing the file JFD_CID_ProvincesUtils.lua from .modinfo seems to work (at least city banner is ok and construct button works)

19. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Hm, I'll have to look into that. In the meantime, here's a workaround:

1. Download this file.
    2. Copy and overwrite to Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 13)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides

20. azurial

azurial Chieftain

<3 JFD seems it works fine (Provinces, Crime, Loyalty features are displaying correctly)
    but previous LUA errors are still here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.