Resource icon

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kesler's right: EUI with CID is completely ASP.lua'd. Errors relating to CID:
Code:
[12997.488] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Christopher\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 18)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\CityView.lua:184: attempt to call local 'InstanceStackManager' (a nil value)

Code:
[13043.212] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Christopher\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 18)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\CivilopediaScreen.lua:7387: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

CityBanner didn't look right, and then everything was broken inside the CityView. Prod queue was broken, icon in top left was broken... you get the idea.

You guys should probably stop updating EUI the instant an update comes out :p EUI - the Civ V Patch of mods. Or better, Civ V Horror Story: EUI Compatibility (and yes, I mean the type without Jessica Lange, so truly horrifying).

Alright, alright. CID updated for the 1.28v of EUI. (CityView only, CityBanner appears fine - except the obvious dilapidated culture meter and focus icon, but I'll fix that eventually). Now watch how this has probably broken support for CBP's EUI :lol: v18 still here if that is the case, until Gazeo updates his own EUI.

The Civilopedia error should be reproduceable if you disable CID, as it relates to things I don't touch.

Is there any way to use this mod in multiplayer? I found a modpack for the Community Patch, is there any way to make it so that this can run with it in multiplayer? Whenever I try it just overrides this mod. Should I find out how the multiplayer modpack was made in the first place and add this in? What should I do?

You'd need to ask on the MMP thread. I don't think I'll be worrying about MP for this.

I was expecting EUI's mod compatibility update to be the cause :p

Just some ideas, have you ever thought about adding Grand Ages Medieval style of giving title based on the policies and number of cities ?

For example if you have more than 2 cantons, you will get the title "KING",
then when you finished up tradition policy tree you would get the tile "MAJESTY" or "HIGHNESS" unique to the culture being played.

or when you can fill up the whole continent like North America or South America or Africa or have more than 10 cities, you will get the title "EMPEROR", finishing up Piety policy tree would give you the title "HOLINESS" or "SAGE" or "GOD-KING" (for Japanese) ?

The moment you get the title, there would be this picture of the coronation that would be grander as you get more titles

When you get to the Modern Era, the system would stop giving more titles.
This event would trigger Suckritact's Events and Decisions where you would be given choices based on the happiness and the faith of your kingdom whether you want to have constitutional monarchy (spend 1000 money and 500 faith, gain +culture, +money) , runaway from revolution ( 50% chances your family would be killed or 50% chances that you would still be the absolute monarch ) or be the Sage King or God King where your duty is only for culture and religion (spend 3000 money and 3000 faith, gain +faith, +culture)........

It would also be great if there would be image that showing the outcome..... (Royal Family murder like the Romanovs, or becoming Sage King like Japanese Emperor)

Hi JFD, please please please reupload vers 17, it would be much better with loyalty system...after all it would be more realistic that way.......

I'm curious - does this mod conflict with "move capital" and "diplomatic Marriage" mods? I personally really like those mods and feel like they should be integrated into this mod somehow.

Also, having trouble having this mod work after having disabled Health & Plague,Diplomatic marriage, move capital and enhanced Information age. Can't produce anything and tech tree is blank:

http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...073/40C6EB8C404AE5EDB8063B9DACAEC7F9E9247132/

I'm curious - does this mod conflict with "move capital" and "diplomatic Marriage" mods? I personally really like those mods and feel like they should be integrated into this mod somehow.

Also, having trouble having this mod work after having disabled Health & Plague,Diplomatic marriage, move capital and enhanced Information age. Can't produce anything and tech tree is blank:

http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...073/40C6EB8C404AE5EDB8063B9DACAEC7F9E9247132/

Welcome to the forums!

Posting logs will help - see here if you're stuck.

Hi, I'm Jules, just joined today, but I've lurked around here for a while. I just wanted to start by saying that all the modding you guys have done makes me enjoy the game a lot more. Using E&D made me play Civ 5 for probably the first time in a year and actually buy BNW, which I didn't intend on doing.

Anyway, I'm using the following mods:
  1. Community Balance Patch, including the feature for EUI
  2. Enlightenment Era
  3. Gran Colombia (from Patria Grande)
  4. Mughals (from India Civilization Pack)
  5. Cities in Developement
  6. Cultural Diversity
  7. Piety and Sovereignty
  8. JFD's Dominion of New Zealand (a few others modded civs by JFD and Sukritact are listed as "active" but I didn't choose those civs to be in the game, I can provide those if deemed relevant)
  9. Korean Wonders and Tokapi Palace (from More Wonders)
  10. Unique Cultural Influence

When I try to view the "Diplomatic Missions" menu, I'm told that "0 gold will grant 0 influence," which is weird. I play a fairly city-state heavy game and this is a bit discoraging. It's early game, and so I don't have enough gold yet, but being new to the CID mod (I think this overhalls city-state stuff?), I wonder if this is the issue?

I'm in game, so I can't post a screenshot atm, but I'll see what happens. Cheers.

Another small bug/inconsistency with fort colonies.
I sent three generals far enough away for the colony promotion to show up. They were all stationed two hexes apart from each other; all three had the promotion. The rightmost one was closest to my capital city.

I activated the middle one first, which resulted in... a citadel in the middle of nowhere. I then activated the leftmost one, which gave me a colony, followed by the rightmost one, who gave me another colony, with a total of only 3 hexes between each other. The result looks like this.
Spoiler :

So obviously the problem here has a few faces:
- the middle citadel should be a colony;
- the two colonies on the sides should be citadels attached to what should be a colony between them;
- and even if for some reason the middle one was the only one not eligible to become a colony, it shouldn't have let me create a citadel and the one on the right shouldn't have been a colony since the default distance between two cities should be 4 hexes, not less

Also, not pictured and I also didn't take a screenshot of it, but when I tried to attach a citadel to the city south and slightly east of this part of the map, it also turned into a colony, within yet again 3 hexes of that city.

Honestly, at this point I'd suggest to just give generals a second button that's entirely for fort colonies and that only gets enabled when they have the promotion for it, assuming this is possible. Otherwise, I guess enjoy debugging? I would attach my logs, except that they contain nothing related to CID, so I doubt they'd be of any use.

Hi, I'm Jules, just joined today, but I've lurked around here for a while. I just wanted to start by saying that all the modding you guys have done makes me enjoy the game a lot more. Using E&D made me play Civ 5 for probably the first time in a year and actually buy BNW, which I didn't intend on doing.

2. Enlightenment Era
  6. Cultural Diversity
  7. Piety and Sovereignty
  8. JFD's Dominion of New Zealand (a few others modded civs by JFD and Sukritact are listed as "active" but I didn't choose those civs to be in the game, I can provide those if deemed relevant)
  9. Korean Wonders and Tokapi Palace(from More Wonders)

When I try to view the "Diplomatic Missions" menu, I'm told that "0 gold will grant 0 influence," which is weird. I play a fairly city-state heavy game and this is a bit discoraging. It's early game, and so I don't have enough gold yet, but being new to the CID mod (I think this overhalls city-state stuff?), I wonder if this is the issue?

I'm in game, so I can't post a screenshot atm, but I'll see what happens. Cheers.

This has been reported a few times now, including by me, though it seems JDF either ignores it or misses it repeatedly. :p

It appears to be a minor incompatibility between, if I remember correctly, Piety and the City-States Diplomacy overhaul from the full CBP suite, which actually removes the gold gifts option in favor for diplomat units.

2. Enlightenment Era
  6. Cultural Diversity
  7. Piety and Sovereignty
  9. Korean Wonders and Tokapi Palace(from More Wonders)

Does this happen without CBP? If it definitely is a CID problem, post Lua and Database logs (see link above).

I'm assuming this Diplomatic Missions menu is on the city-state screen, right?

[Edit] Ninja'd. Make a post on Piety's page, so that JFD will notice.

This has been reported a few times now, including by me, though it seems JDF either ignores it or misses it repeatedly. :p

It appears to be a minor incompatibility between, if I remember correctly, Piety and the City-States Diplomacy overhaul from the full CBP suite, which actually removes the gold gifts option in favor for diplomat units.

I ran into an issue earlier with this same mod and the CBP suite. The leader screens wouldn't show the regular options when you met them/tried to interact, just the image and the animation, if applicable. I found a patch and solved it, but the issue has come up again, with diplomacy. I wasn't aware that CBP removed the gold and gifts options, hmm. How did you rectify it/remove a certain feature? Should I try to disable certain features of city-state diplomacy from CBP? Also, where can I find complete information on what CBPs adds/removes/etc.? Sorry if these are newb questions, I'm new to modding (but not to Civ, yay!).

With the last couple of versions I've been running into a minor issue that I also experienced with EUI (which I chose not to use) where I don't get any yield information from tiles unless I hover over a tile for a while. I'm guessing it's just a display issue but it's odd that EUI and CID have the same issue.

lol, I think JFD tends to check all of his threads. Whether he tends to respond to a question however depends on the question ;)

Also, glad I wasn't just going crazy. I promise to bring logs in the future.

Yes but saying that gets me more brownie points

TBH, I noticed the issue a few days before you posted, but I presumed I'd done something wrong. It was more you proving I wasn't nuts :)

Just some ideas, have you ever thought about adding Grand Ages Medieval style of giving title based on the policies and number of cities ?

For example if you have more than 2 cantons, you will get the title "KING",
then when you finished up tradition policy tree you would get the tile "MAJESTY" or "HIGHNESS" unique to the culture being played.

or when you can fill up the whole continent like North America or South America or Africa or have more than 10 cities, you will get the title "EMPEROR", finishing up Piety policy tree would give you the title "HOLINESS" or "SAGE" or "GOD-KING" (for Japanese) ?

The moment you get the title, there would be this picture of the coronation that would be grander as you get more titles

When you get to the Modern Era, the system would stop giving more titles.
This event would trigger Suckritact's Events and Decisions where you would be given choices based on the happiness and the faith of your kingdom whether you want to have constitutional monarchy (spend 1000 money and 500 faith, gain +culture, +money) , runaway from revolution ( 50% chances your family would be killed or 50% chances that you would still be the absolute monarch ) or be the Sage King or God King where your duty is only for culture and religion (spend 3000 money and 3000 faith, gain +faith, +culture)........

It would also be great if there would be image that showing the outcome..... (Royal Family murder like the Romanovs, or becoming Sage King like Japanese Emperor)

I suppose you'll be looking forward to Sovereingty :D

Hi JFD, please please please reupload vers 17, it would be much better with loyalty system...after all it would be more realistic that way.......

Here you go. Sorry, bugs and complaints can give one tunnel vision :p Though I'd recommend sticking with v19 and just enabling the user setting, which is just commented out, but the system still works. If you need help, just ask.

Move Capital is integrated between the effect of the Summer Palace and the effect of Portugal's new UA. I will look into supporting the full mod, but will not integrate the concept further (at least at this stage).

Diplomatic Marriage is, well, what Claims is - but with extra steps :p Integrating that mod would be counterinuitive.

Logs plz.

Another small bug/inconsistency with fort colonies.
I sent three generals far enough away for the colony promotion to show up. They were all stationed two hexes apart from each other; all three had the promotion. The rightmost one was closest to my capital city.

I activated the middle one first, which resulted in... a citadel in the middle of nowhere. I then activated the leftmost one, which gave me a colony, followed by the rightmost one, who gave me another colony, with a total of only 3 hexes between each other. The result looks like this.
Spoiler :

So obviously the problem here has a few faces:
- the middle citadel should be a colony;
- the two colonies on the sides should be citadels attached to what should be a colony between them;
- and even if for some reason the middle one was the only one not eligible to become a colony, it shouldn't have let me create a citadel and the one on the right shouldn't have been a colony since the default distance between two cities should be 4 hexes, not less

Honestly, at this point I'd suggest to just give generals a second button that's entirely for fort colonies and that only gets enabled when they have the promotion for it, assuming this is possible. Otherwise, I guess enjoy debugging? I would attach my logs, except that they contain nothing related to CID, so I doubt they'd be of any use.

I can't really refine the maths any further - your middle citadel must fall outside the range (i.e. number of tiles), although that seems perceptually odd.

City spacing is 4? Why did I think it was 3...

I don't see how giving the GGs a Fort Colony button would resolve the issue, as it would base itself upon the same method of determing if a Citadel is to become a Colony as with the Build Citadel mission. "Otherwise,... enjoy debugging" is not something I want to see first thing I wake up, tired, and beset on all sides by bug reports, complaints, and requests, but luckily it's raining (I like the rain), I'm having a day off, and mega murkrow confirmed :p Though you're right, this isn't really a log issue - it's not really a bug, per se, but perhaps a failing nuance in either the maths or human perception.

But there is an option to enable it, IIRC, so the gifts option screen wouldn't be disabled entirely.

With the last couple of versions I've been running into a minor issue that I also experienced with EUI (which I chose not to use) where I don't get any yield information from tiles unless I hover over a tile for a while. I'm guessing it's just a display issue but it's odd that EUI and CID have the same issue.

Cleared cache? CBP? Deleted the YieldIconManager files in CP?

My cache has been cleared and I am using the CBP. I don't know about the last one though.

I can't really refine the maths any further - your middle citadel must fall outside the range (i.e. number of tiles), although that seems perceptually odd.

City spacing is 4? Why did I think it was 3...

I don't see how giving the GGs a Fort Colony button would resolve the issue, as it would base itself upon the same method of determing if a Citadel is to become a Colony as with the Build Citadel mission. "Otherwise,... enjoy debugging" is not something I want to see first thing I wake up, tired, and beset on all sides by bug reports, complaints, and requests, but luckily it's raining (I like the rain), I'm having a day off, and mega murkrow confirmed :p Though you're right, this isn't really a log issue - it's not really a bug, per se, but perhaps a failing nuance in either the maths or human perception.

I mean, they were all way over 20 tiles away from my capital (around 35-40, if my memory is correct), it's not like it was an edge case.

And the idea for the separate button for fort colonies (and by extend worker-built fort colonies, I guess) is that it would allow placing citadels at the edge of a distant city again to expand its territory without having to use another city (which is only really possible because of CBP, I think, since it adds the surrounding tiles of a citadel to your territory as well). It would in theory get around these strange edge cases if you don't have to rely on the detection logic to turn the citadel into a colony.
I don't know how you detect it right now, but from a player perspective it looks like it first checks if it should grant the promotion, force the necessary changes in perparation for clicking the citadel button and then checks again when you click the button if it should turn the citadel into a colony or not, when with a separate button it should be a simple, failsafe three step process of "detect distance, enable button, if the colony button is clicked and not the citadel button, put down a fort colony with the necessary buildings".

I don't know if that even makes any sense, but what it comes down to for me is that it should be a choice when applicable and not forced randomly into a colony where I don't want one. Separating the colony function from the normal citadel button would at least remove some of the headaches it currently can cause.

I mean, they were all way over 20 tiles away from my capital (around 35-40, if my memory is correct), it's not like it was an edge case.

And the idea for the separate button for fort colonies (and by extend worker-built fort colonies, I guess) is that it would allow placing citadels at the edge of a distant city again to expand its territory without having to use another city (which is only really possible because of CBP, I think, since it adds the surrounding tiles of a citadel to your territory as well). It would in theory get around these strange edge cases if you don't have to rely on the detection logic to turn the citadel into a colony.
I don't know how you detect it right now, but from a player perspective it looks like it first checks if it should grant the promotion, force the necessary changes in perparation for clicking the citadel button and then checks again when you click the button if it should turn the citadel into a colony or not, when with a separate button it should be a simple, failsafe three step process of "detect distance, enable button, if the colony button is clicked and not the citadel button, put down a fort colony with the necessary buildings".

I don't know if that even makes any sense, but what it comes down to for me is that it should be a choice when applicable and not forced randomly into a colony where I don't want one. Separating the colony function from the normal citadel button would at least remove some of the headaches it currently can cause.

I can agree to that (as it stands, Citadels always founds colonies if they're within a specific range, but what if you want to found a Citadel there?). But what of Fort Colonies via Worker? Should they have a mission too (i.e. I'm trying to avoid it being too easy to forget colonies are a thing). Basically, should workers also be subject to the mission rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom