1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

If you already downloaded, please redownload, as I quickly fixed a bug with Processes being considered Slave Units :p

Uh-huh, was introduced in v5 - dunno when it got lost.

Read: Easier for the AI :p So I suppose I meant harder for the human :lol: Don't get so hung up on those details, anyway.

Fixed.

2. Mingel

Mingel Warlord

Horse Mill was done long time ago or Jan is back ?

3. Kesler

Kesler Master Kekkler

Now that's a log!

Do these changes mean we should stop using EUI now?

I thought the Council symbol looked familiar. Poor Lithuiania, a backwater province of the empire...

What's the purpose of provinces now?

4. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

You don't have to - EUI is still supported, and was updated to v36. I've just added a few things to vanilla that I thought some might appreciate (like myself :p)

To provide flavour and depth, I guess - that's the purpose of any component above all else. But Provinces was meant to direct you toward building up specific, core infrastructure. It's still a very useful point of reference for Sovereingty, Overpopulation, and Levies bonuses.

Done a while back, for the Into the Renaissance Deluxe scenario.

5. Reedstilt

Reedstilt Prince

Since I'm cursed to never properly play around with Power (previous game was going well, until all my cities started acting like Puppets, with the AI picking production and the Production list being blank when I tried it), I started a new game. This time around, I find I can't build Units that can be purchased with Shackles. Everything else seems to be working fine for the moment.

6. Buildkirbyus

Buildkirbyus Trainee Modder

Really enjoying the new update!
    Just a little pet peeve of mine, Ancient Water Mills should not get power- but i think that it's hardcoded that it can't give power until electricity, right?
    Plagues actually decrease population (via starvation), which make cities have an unhappiness and loyalty penalty. Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

7. Ixor_Drakar

Ixor_Drakar Warlord

First time back to civ in quite a while, just got a new laptop. So many new features to get used to now. Founded my first colony but it won't build anything, in fact the building section in the production queue doesn't even show up. Also the alert to build something over the end turn button won't go away for the colony. Since its been a while I don't remember which log files to send your way, which ones will help?
    Spoiler :

8. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

I'm not alone! Yay

Power relating to the Watermill, Windmill and Workshop can be disabled in the UserSettings file.

9. Chrisy15

Rule of thumb I just came up with: If it's missing, give Database; if it's broken, give Lua.

Or just post both, of course

10. Revolutionist_8

Revolutionist_8 Prince

NyoOOooOoOoOo, don't take away my shiny crowns :cry:

Yaaaay, long live the Emperor and his mercy! :D

"Levies are weaker, (Anti-Mounted) Melee and Gun Units that may be recruited by expending Citizen Population." - His Modjesty's Great Imperial Library, a.k.a. Wikia

May I ask how does this work exactly and is it already in the mod? Or it'll be a Conscription-type decision in Sovereignty? (I like the idea btw :) )

I'm guessing that Slavery component is added then? (sir Reedstilt's comment) Looking forward to try it out (some assignments need to be finished first :( )

Did you increase the number of Barbarians spawn during a Rebellion? (please please please) :mischief:

Is 'raw Food output' the sum of the (terrain + buildings + policies + religion +...), or the 'netto' Food (output - Food eaten by citizens = netto Food)? Maybe just my brain went haywire, and it's obvious, except for me :mischief:

About the rest: amazing, as always. Thank you!

Those workshops need to be fueled with something :D Look at Power in an abstract way, that will change to electricity later on.

How many turns has been this issue occuring? For me it started working from next turn from Colony founding. Also Lua.logs usually.

11. Ixor_Drakar

Ixor_Drakar Warlord

I played for 6 or 7 more turns, nothing changed.

Attached Files:

• Logs.7z
      File size:
      646 bytes
      Views:
  12. Danmacsch

Danmacsch Geheimekabinetsminister

Not really relevant specifically for this thread and not really that important, but seriously, moving all your component mods to a mod project subforum would be really great. At least I think so :).

13. oreosome

oreosome Chieftain

I really enjoy this mod and all of your other mods, but it seems that this one does not work with your patch of the YNAEMP(both the V.23 and V.22), as it freezes up when I click start game, after choosing my civ. The other mods I have enabled are also:
    the Community Patch(as reccomended),
    The EUI mod,
    your Mercenary mod,
    And Events and Decisions.

Thanks anyways, just felt like this needed to be reported.

14. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Slavery hasn't been released yet :p
    I can add them back, at least as an option, if you want? I just thought, with everything else showing up now, the city banner was starting to get cluttered, and Province icons didn't seem entirely needed.

It is Conscription-like, but is a part of Provinces (Sovereignty will probably interact, though). It will be added alongside Slavery, to give one final option to compensate for the loss of rush-buying Units with Gold - mostly as a last resort when Mercenaries, Defensive Levies, Professional Soldiers, and Slave Soldiers fail you. Simply, you expend (1) Citizen, get 1 Melee/Gun unit (of your choice) - though, like the Defensive Levies, these Levies are inherently weaker than Professional Soldiers (i.e. produced ones).

I'm not sure that I'll add support for it in EUI, however. Double the work is a pain, but people have complained how easy it is to accidentally purchase a Unit with Gold using EUI's queue - imagine accidentally purchasing with Population!

No, Slavery hasn't been released yet. I'm not sure how Reedstilt got that impression.

Not yet - I was doing a general pass through each component, re-writing bits of code and the like, and it accumulates a lot of fixes/changes. So, I haven't gottent to Loyalty or other things yet, but I certainly will be increasing that number.

The latter? I really dunno :p

Precisely. Workshops aren't entirely driven by hand - they need water or horse power (maybe wind). As I said before, obviously it doesn't make sense that these sources of Power are global, but I think that's a trivial problem.

Ikr. It would be very convenient. But because I don't have a unifying name for all together, I dunno how possible that is.

You don't have logging enabled, so I can do nothing with those.

15. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Ffs, seems I accidentally enabled Slavery with v36. Updated to v37, but I've had to disable the Levies system entirely, as the Conscription-based Levies are still WIP and not easily untangela.

Here's a few fixes in it anyway:
    v37:
    • Added reference to CP: Corporations.
    • Capital is now identified as a Capital-Level Province, although it otherwise functions similarly to a State.

16. Chrisy15

Bug I keep on forgetting to report: The Faith WhosWinning has the Tourism title.

Functions fine, just says the wrong thing.

[Edit] Idea I just thought of; to get round the whole unrealistic power problem, could you make Power only appear at Electricity? At that point, buildings like the Watermill and Windmill will start producing Power, and the Workshop can start needing it, if it also gets a bonus as well (extra production?) . I'm not sure if having the Workshop need Power after a tech is possible, but I think that making the buildings start yielding it would be.

17. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

18. Revolutionist_8

Revolutionist_8 Prince

Only if it's not too much work for you. What can I say, I like as much information as possible, and gorgeous things too :mischief:

Thank you!

Haha, I'll just test it then and see ;)

Chrisy15, please forgive me for saying this, but what's this pedantic fuss about this? There is no "unrealistic power problem" here: Power is an abstraction, just like many things already in the game (culture, production and so on). Most manufactories and workshops appeared next to rivers, and not by coincidence. I think it's perfectly fine that a huge production boost is tied to a little restriction, making decisions is what this game is mostly about. Making it strategic resource (hence it can be "traded") is a little and negligible nuisance so JFD doesn't have to put a ton of work and pain into it.

19. Chrisy15

I think you could do it by making Power become visible at Electricity, and then all the buildings that produce Power will start providing sources of it.

ModMod time it is, then!

Disclaimer: I'm hypothesising this off of the principle that Power is a resource. It's just occurred to me that it might not be. Hm.

Oh, and another bug: Removing the crowns from the CityBanner appears to have removed the City Range icons as well.

[Edit] R_B ninja'd me

It's less about the balance restriction, and more about the fact that I've always got the image of long wooden poles stretching out from watermills, crossing my whole empire. Since I seem alone in this issue, I've decided that I'll make the change myself, and see how it feels.

Although I am starting to feel a bit of affection for the idea of Saudi Watermill Barons :)

20. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

They are a resource, but I'm pretty sure the Workshop, for instance, will require Power regardless of whether you can see it or not. And the Windmill and Watermill will provide it regardless. The only thing TechReveal will determine is when you can see it on the top banner - maybe when it's actually useable.

Right, I'll just re-enable the Province icons in v38 :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.