1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ixor_Drakar

Ixor_Drakar Warlord

Crap that's my bad. I will try to replicate it with logging on. Rusty after all this time. Glad your still doing your thing though. Don't think I would jump back into civ v without your mods.

2. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

I agree on the Workshop, but I think TechReveal will do what I want. I'll have a gander with it next time I'm bored of playing/thinking of new components for Darius.

3. Reedstilt

Reedstilt Prince

Now that the Mechanist has been dealt with and the Commonwealth is safe not quite as dangerous as it was, I can give v. 37 a shot and hopefully get through a whole game with Power. Fingers crossed, knock on wood, and whatever else we have to do to appease the Old Gods and the New.

As for the Province-level icons, I'm in favor of them. I was actually going to suggest adding the Range Icon that non-Player cities get since those are easier to distinguish. But the crowns aren't that hard and the Range icons are less interesting, even if they are a bit clearer. Adding both would be overkill and clutter the screen. Either way, I like having something on screen so I can tell at a glance which of my cities needs to be upgraded. I'm content with the being able to re-enable them even if they off by default.

4. Karagan

Karagan Chieftain

Hi

Tested V.36 with CBP V.23/2 and the issue with Leo's Workshop persist (Logs attached, same mod list)

Feedback and question: Slavery is awesome. I having some fun taking shackles from barbs and the fact that you can spend money on workers is great. I feared all units should be buyed for shackles. Diseases are too powerful now, isnt they? Madrid went down from 12pop to 1 due to +20 turns of starving. This affects to loyalty and even with Point du Garde and my cities built around rivers Im having dificulties raising a tall empire.

Question: Is update to V.37 only to make official the feature of slavery? I just started a game with V.36 and would like to see how it ends

Thnks!

Attached Files:

5. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Leo's Workshop is actually a part of Rise to Power, so I haven't gotten to checking it yet.

Slavery wasn't meant to be released :p That was a mistake, and v37 disables it. It hasn't quite been finished.

Re: Disease - I'm not sure how you can get 20 turns of starvation. Could you please provide some details about how much Disease you have, how much Food you have, and how many turns of Plague you have.

6. Kesler

Kesler Master Kekkler

I don't know where to add this in, but one more part of EUI that I like (That I hope you can incorporate) is at the Civ Selection screen. When you hover over a UU or UB, it shows an info box pertaining to that subject. This is really useful, and should be part of the base game.

7. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Noted.

Oh! Derp. For some reason, I never considered that the Food loss scaled considerably with Plague, so 1 Plague Turn == -2 Food, but 5 Plague Turn == -10 Food, so the numbers quickly surmount. I'm looking (or, Gazebo, praises be, is) into making it so that, during Plague, each Citizen consumes 1 extra Food, as it was in Civ IV. This should scale things a lot smoother.

8. Ixor_Drakar

Ixor_Drakar Warlord

Now I'm just crashing at the end of the first turn. Updated and cleared cache before this.

Attached Files:

• logs.7z
      File size:
      24.3 KB
      Views:
  9. Fedatur

Fedatur Warlord

But where is v.37 EUI compatibility files? v.36 doesnt work with newer version of CID.

10. Karagan

Karagan Chieftain

Plagues overlap themselves creating a black death event :lol: Currently with 3 cities and 1 tr Im getting -11.25 food +12.9 disease 0/80 and 20 turns of duration. Plague will breat out in 7 turns and duration will increase as well :lol:

Dont scale down too much. Plagues are Plagues after all ;)

Attached Files:

• CiV1.jpg
      CiV1.jpg
      File size:
      466.6 KB
      Views:
  11. Zooasaurus

Zooasaurus Warlord

I'm crashed when clicking 'start game' button since the v.36 update :/

Attached Files:

• Logs.7z
      File size:
      5.5 KB
      Views:
  12. Chrisy15

I found this, but I presumed it was just a cache issue. Have you tried clearing cache? At the end of the day, the hybrid UI isn't too bad anyway.

13. Reedstilt

Reedstilt Prince

I'm playing as Venice at the moment and just picked up a second City with my Merchant. I was curious to see how Investing would work with Venice. Is this intentional? I can only buy Melee Units and invest in Wonders in the City. I can't acquire Archery Units, Naval Units, Civilian Units, Trade Units, or invest in Buildings. There are plenty of Buildings that the City is missing, but the AI hasn't auto-selected those yet.

14. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

The Building part is my mistake, but the Melee Units part is normal - Colonies, until they build a Drill Academy, can only train/purchase Melee Units.

Those Arceus-tier yields though :eek: This is why Overpopulation will be the 10th CID component :p That colony would definitely be Overpopulated!

15. Reedstilt

Reedstilt Prince

Immediately after I took that Screenshot, a Plague broke out in the colony. It's now Population 1. :(

Actually, looking around it seems like all the City-States are getting demolished by Plagues in this game. Of course, now that I think about it. It's probably my fault. Mega-Venice is pumping out more Disease than my trading partners can handle. Every City I'm trading with has been reduced to Population 1.

16. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

I thought you were playing Venice, not Genoa :lol:

Yeah, the Raw Food changeover hasn't worked so well. Just waiting on the next CP before I can switch it to an extra Food consumed per Citizen. Which means you'd be losing 9 Food per turn (causing Yerevan to starve), but only until the number of Citizens and the Food output evens out. This is compared to what I expect was -16~ Food from the Plague :p

Overpopulation might not be the best name for a component, as it's sort of a concurrent concept with Unhappiness and Disease, so I'll see if I can think of another name for it - it's more like Capacity, but that isn't very catchy. Essentially, Overpopulation will replace the hard -75% Growth penalty when you have 0.0000000000001 Unhappiness, and will check Wonder-Jynxing (unless addressed). It's anticipated to tie well with Health and Prosperity (use Plagues and/or migration to relieve Overpopulation), and gives a bit more of a purpose to Provinces.
    Oh, what's that? Nobody asked? :p

17. Reedstilt

Reedstilt Prince

Wonder-Jynxing?

Also, what would you think of a Health-bonus during Golden Ages? Maybe +1 Health to all Tiles that provide Health, or +20% Health in all Cities, or maybe just Curing any existing Plagues and resetting the Plague Counter when the Golden Age begins. Just seems odd for Golden Ages to coincide with massive City-ruining disease outbreaks.

18. Aldebaran1997

Aldebaran1997 Prince

Report : Sanatorium(Great Doctor improvement) does not affect by policy which provide additional yield from GP improvements from CBP.

19. Chrisy15

Another unnoticed bug:

Code:
    [2793.307] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Christopher\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 37)\Shared\Lua\Utilities\JFD_CIDUtilities.lua:186: attempt to index local 'city' (a nil value)

20. Chrisy15

OC didn't disappear after the Prison increased the OC Threshold.

Spoiler :

Is there a check for it? Or will Firetuner have an error?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.