Resource icon

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your Modjesty, I think I asked this question before, and you sent me to the list of all the custom civs you have created. Is there anywhere a detailed list (including their benefits and unique units/buildings and their stats) of JUST the ones included in CID?

Also, this may or may not be a thing but after observing 3 different wars, I noticed that when I am in combat, my 'medic' unit ability (that should be giving me an additional 5 to all units around the medic) seems to do nothing at all?

I had a detailed post about some things going on with a recent game of mine, but then the forum logged me out and deleted all of it. So I'll just give a short summary:

1. The AIs want all of my shackles. I was making about 300 gpt from trade with other civs and trading away all of my shackles made up for about 90% of that.

2. Non-river cities get the short straw in terms of health. Aqueducts are pretty much the god of early game health. I think a building for non-river cities (not including the apothecary) would be appreciated, seeing as river cities already get good bonuses.

3. Crime wasn't really an issue for me. Ever. I think ramping up the effects of crime significantly every era would fix this. But right now it wasn't something that ever bothered or hindered me.

Your Modjesty, I think I asked this question before, and you sent me to the list of all the custom civs you have created. Is there anywhere a detailed list (including their benefits and unique units/buildings and their stats) of JUST the ones included in CID?

Also, this may or may not be a thing but after observing 3 different wars, I noticed that when I am in combat, my 'medic' unit ability (that should be giving me an additional 5 to all units around the medic) seems to do nothing at all?

CID doesn't include any custom civs. It does, however modify three. These changes can be found on the wikia here and here.

No idea about that issue.

I had a detailed post about some things going on with a recent game of mine, but then the forum logged me out and deleted all of it. So I'll just give a short summary:

1. The AIs want all of my shackles. I was making about 300 gpt from trade with other civs and trading away all of my shackles made up for about 90% of that.

3. Crime wasn't really an issue for me. Ever. I think ramping up the effects of crime significantly every era would fix this. But right now it wasn't something that ever bothered or hindered me.

1. Will tone it down, thank you.

3. Crime is meant to only be as much of an issue for you as would be Maintenance.

Dear JFD!

I'm wondering if it's possible to disable your Corporation(s) (until fix), since I can't start a new game because of it (broken window [lua error]).

Logs in case they help:

Spoiler :
Runtime Error: C:\Users\MyComp\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(2) Community Balance Patch\Modular Elements\Corporations\CorporationsOverview.lua:177 : bad argument #2 to '?' (Key must be of type 'number' or 'string'.)
[26462.933] Runtime Error: Error loading C:\Users\MyComp\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(2) Community Balance Patch\Modular Elements\Corporations\CorporationsOverview.lua.

3. Crime is meant to only be as much of an issue for you as would be Maintenance.

But I found that it wasn't nearly as much of an issue as maintenance. Running out of gold in the early game is a real threat with maintenance depending on circumstances. Getting gold producing buildings was a godsend for me. Getting crime reducing buildings is like a small treat but doesn't really matter.

Hey, so I'm getting a tooltip bug with the EUI files. When I mouse over a building in the tech tree it shows my mods directory path, pointing to the EUI tooltip library file, line 1389 (if :1389 is a line reference) and saying attempt to compare value to nil.

1. Have the decisions been removed? As in the panel to access them is missing (or not in its usual place). I'm talking the one that allows Rome to introduce concrete or the universal Codify Laws, or even all religious based decisions?

2. I have never had the option to found a fort colony with a Great General. How do they work? The in game help menu doesn't say. Is it a technology that's needed that I've overlooked?

Sorry for the late reply, was away for a few days.

Mods I'm using

Problem #1 and #2 in photo - Dipicts that I don't have the scroll you've mentioned, and I see no icon to form a fort colony. To add, I had another great general stationed exactly 14 spots away from capital and 7 spots away from the nearest city. (Bottom right of the minimap)

Thanks for your help JFD!

Are Venice's puppets supposed to be colonies or regular puppets?

Hey, so I'm getting a tooltip bug with the EUI files. When I mouse over a building in the tech tree it shows my mods directory path, pointing to the EUI tooltip library file, line 1389 (if :1389 is a line reference) and saying attempt to compare value to nil.

I need the specific error.

You need to update to the latest version of the CP beta (April 9th). For the record, I need the lua and database logs.

Sorry for the late reply, was away for a few days.

Mods I'm using

Problem #1 and #2 in photo - Dipicts that I don't have the scroll you've mentioned, and I see no icon to form a fort colony. To add, I had another great general stationed exactly 14 spots away from capital and 7 spots away from the nearest city. (Bottom right of the minimap)

Thanks for your help JFD!

Problem 1 is caused by the CBP. Dunno about problem 2.

Are Venice's puppets supposed to be colonies or regular puppets?

Whichever they're showing up as.

CID doesn't include any custom civs. It does, however modify three. These changes can be found on the wikia here and here.

I was just inquiring about all the civilizations that you include in CID? Is there anywhere where those are listed? Or perhaps I can make a listing and post it here?

I was just inquiring about all the civilizations that you include in CID? Is there anywhere where those are listed? Or perhaps I can make a listing and post it here?

There's obviously some miscommunication going on here. I don't include any civilizations in CID whatsoever, unless you mean something completely different to what it sounds like.

where i can set the min unhappiness for city to strike?

Cities don't strike at a fixed point, they strike after X turns of being unhappy, where X is a variable based upon your global happiness.

There's obviously some miscommunication going on here. I don't include any civilizations in CID whatsoever, unless you mean something completely different to what it sounds like.

My answer was in how you answered the question...they were not civs from your Mod, but from the CBP itself! So sorry for being vague, but I wasn't sure how to ask the question.

If anyone else is looking for this same information, I found the answers I was looking for here.

Thanks again, your Modjesty.

I'm having problems with a archive in the Cities In Development and in the Rise to Power mods, the same archive: NotificationPanel.
I've already excluded and downloaded the two mods 3 times but nothing changes...
I have the latest version of CP and of all the other mods that I use, like the E&D and the Cultural Diversity.

The problem occurs when the game is loading, before the Begin Your Jorney, when four text notifications appear under the screen. When I found a city, the Production and Tech buttons are together. The tech button works normally, but the producion one doesn't work. So, I can't choose what to build in the city, making it impossible to continue the game.

Can you help me?

The following links are pictures of my computer screen about the problem:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-pTsuFGTi0xQXVnSlRKNVJVM1U
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-pTsuFGTi0xdUJhMWUzSVRmdEk
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-pTsuFGTi0xUzY0d1NwOVBtYTg
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-pTsuFGTi0xdGJSaTd0QmZBSXc
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-pTsuFGTi0xUmVXbk44SHpaOEk
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-pTsuFGTi0xZG5GaHQ1QjY1RWc
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-pTsuFGTi0xWUV3RXl3UTN3RGc
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-pTsuFGTi0xdEFRSzhrTllpYnM
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-pTsuFGTi0xQ1dRbURpOGt4Y2c

I've got the exact same problem as Butzke, redownloaded all the mods, made sure that the CP was up to date, whole shebang. Here is all the other info you need.

Database and Lua Logs

Mod List
Spoiler :

Community Patch v72
Enlightenment Era v5
Faster Aircraft Animations
Historical Religion Complete v31
Infoaddict
Cities in Development v39
Cultural Diversity v7
Cultural Diversity Soundtrack
Exploration Expanded Continued v15