Resource icon

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't looked into it - so I couldn't say what needs to be done. Busy, busy, busy (three essays due in a week, Constantine, Events Compendium, etc.). Sorry.

No worries, your Modjesty, I'm just curious by nature :) I'll find a solution, no problem.

I wish you good luck and endurance! Looking forward for your next updates!

Yeah, it was technically the city graphic. It just didn't appear when I founded the city. To my knowledge, I built a monument and barracks in the city (after it was founded, still invisible), but to my knowledge it stayed the same. I was only using your mods, and the version of the CP that was mentioned in the last update (forgot to update for any newer versions).

Did the logs mention what's causing the weird interface bug? Like I said, it technically works, but it looks weird with all the icons jutting out. Like I said, it happened with CiD, and RtP active (Not sure which one's causing it, just got home).

Are Colonists meant to cost 1 shackle? I noticed that, and it seemed a bit cheap compared to other units.

i'm assuming there's a fix for this, but i don't have the patience to read through all 90 pages to find it. I'm still running into the production error where you can't build anything in turn 0. i've tried repeatedly different variations of what is says in the comments on the steam page, to no avail. If someone could direct me to the page number that has said fix, i'd be incredibly grateful

Question: I'm using the full CPP mods and your RtP,CiD, and CD mods. I'm running into issues with local happiness of where the defense needs(Crime) aren't being met at all and end up with large numbers of defense needed per pop, much greater than is able to be made. This isn't the various crime factors on your mod, so I guessing this because I'm using a mod incorrectly? I thought your mods were built to use the CPP mods, or maybe that part isn't compatible for some reason.

My mods aren't built for the CBP, which is the balance overhaul of the CPP, no, they merely are compatible with it (i.e. they're designed with the vanilla game in mind, but you can use the CBP with them). I'm not familiar enough on how the CBP Happiness system works to really comment on whether this is a bug, balance issue, or whether there's something you're doing wrong - but the whole Happiness system is different with the CBP. I'd look for advice on the CPP subforum.

wow thanks for quick reply, I was thinking it was along those lines. Likely do to how "Crime" is in both mods and get affected everything.

Question: I'm using the full CPP mods and your RtP,CiD, and CD mods. I'm running into issues with local happiness of where the defense needs(Crime) aren't being met at all and end up with large numbers of defense needed per pop, much greater than is able to be made. This isn't the various crime factors on your mod, so I guessing this because I'm using a mod incorrectly? I thought your mods were built to use the CPP mods, or maybe that part isn't compatible for some reason.

It should be normal, Crime is usually one of the biggest Unhappines sources. It's really hard to eradicate it completely (especially before late game). Population increases the needs, so larger cities tend to have more Unhappiness.

It's might not be clearly indicated, but Walls and garrisoned units reduce the Crime needs as well, so try those too. ;)

Since I finally got everything updated to the current version on every side of things, I no longer receive any errors...but the crime warnings are defaulting back to their original text strings
Spoiler :
TXT_KEY_EO_CITY_LOCAL_UNHAPPINESS
TXT_KEY_EO_CITY_STARVING
TXT_KEY_EO_CITY_UNDEFENDED
TXT_KEY_EO_CITY_RELIGION
TXT_KEY_EO_CITY_POOR

(though those are much easier to understand? Before I updated the last beta CP, I in my capital I was getting 'This city is too dangerous' in the early capitals (to the tune of every single citizen gives me a 'too dangerous' unhappy, even if every other city only has one or two citizens unhappy?)

Oooo, Walls! Didn't know that one, thanks! :)

Spoiler :
(and I just misread what it said in my handle, so I thought it was saying my AGE was 16. I was going Heck YEAH! I could totally go for a do-over like that :)

It should be normal, Crime is usually one of the biggest Unhappines sources. It's really hard to eradicate it completely (especially before late game). Population increases the needs, so larger cities tend to have more Unhappiness.

It's might not be clearly indicated, but Walls and garrisoned units reduce the Crime needs as well, so try those too. ;)

What was happening was that the CPP mod has your city defense under Crime as well and I was getting negitive city strength numbers from the crime modifiers of CiD and the local happiness from CPP made every pop point unhappy, conflicting mod effects

v39:
  • Fixed an issue wherein custom Courthouses would yield +30% Loyalty, and Barracks, Armories, and Military Academies would yield 0%.
  • Added support for CivilizationType in the Building_JFD_HelpTexts table, and this now works for buildings without a default help text. Not applicable to EUI.
  • Fixed an issue wherein Colonists could be purchased with Shackles.
  • Fort Colonies may no longer be founded on Mountains, Coasts, or Oceans.
  • Fixed an issue wherein no Units could be purchased in Colonies.
  • Fixed an issue wherein civ/culture-specific Province names were not working.
  • Fixed a few Lua errors.

First of all, awesome mods! Thank you so much, they make this game soooo much better.

I have been having some trouble reloading saves and eventually decided to cut down all my mods to the bare minimum and to start all over again.

I currently have the CP (no eui, no cbp). Cultural diversity, rise to power v21, exploration extended expanded, CiD v39 (updated this morning).

On loading these from a fresh install, when I build a city I am unable to produce anything.

LUA and database attached. Any help would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• Lua.txt
    57.1 KB · Views: 68
  • Database.txt
    3.1 KB · Views: 95
There were no changes to EUI for v39, so v38 suffices.

Thanks. Was still having issues so did a fresh install without eui. Edited post above as you replied with logs attached. Thanks in advance!

EDIT; Tried it again with the EUI and CBP and it *seems* to be working AND I could even load a save! Fingers crossed its sorted now!

Thanks. Was still having issues so did a fresh install without eui. Edited post above as you replied with logs attached. Thanks in advance!

EDIT; Tried it again with the EUI and CBP and it *seems* to be working AND I could even load a save! Fingers crossed its sorted now!

Your logs suggest that you're not using the latest beta for the CP. Make sure to update here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom