"Cities Turn Unfinished... errors

heinous_hat

Prince
Getting piles of these with the latest version (12/11) reported via UI popup, as well as in the log. They start occurring after a few turns and persist throughout the game. With the previous build, I had a lot of these initially, before they mysteriously ceased.

Is there any way to shorten the message time? The number of UI messages make it difficult to continue doing anything in game, as they persist through multiple turns and fill the screen.

Also, if I submit a save game along with logs, do you still need all DLC content disabled? I get the errors either way, DLC or not.

No need for saved games, but i'd like a log at the first error report, just for confirmation that this happens during the "city send reinforcement to units" phase.

After a quick look at the latest updates logs, I don't think I've changed something that could (directly) affect city, but it maybe something related to an unit function failing during that phase.

Usually, I'll get a lot of these within several turns in a fresh game. This time though, it took 17 turns to generate a single instance.

Attachments

• log_error_turn_unfinished_01.7z
    79.1 KB · Views: 206
thanks, yes, error detected during the reinforcement phase, no need for more log (unless the first listed log after the error is not "DoReinforceUnits"), I'll try to fix it.

should be fixed in latest update.

Ok, played another game through 80 turns or so, and no sign of the originally reported error.

I did experience a crash, eventually. No idea whether it's related to your fix, so I'll post it here. There are some WTFs and warnings regarding nil values.

Attachments

• log_crash_01.7z
    8.3 KB · Views: 166
Random crash or reproducible (reloading lead to the same crash) ?

I'll have a look, thanks

Hold the phone... it's possible these crashes are DLC content related :rolleyes:. I have a new game going where I've disabled extra civs. No problems thus far (~200 turns).

I sometimes turn those on to check out the new art, or other mods, and forget they're a possible source of error. There was a long stretch where leaving them on was fine, bit I've picked up Nubia, Khmer and Indonesia recently. I'll see if I can find the culprit, if this turns out to be the case.

So, continuing the game (still with no crashes), I've encountered another instance of the 'cities turn unfinished' error. This one is limited to one AI player, and occurred around the time of a peace deal that included a city transfer (to me, from Egypt). Egypt is the player affected by the error.

This seems more specific than the deluge I was getting earlier. Log attached.

Attachments

• log_error_turn_unfinished_02.7z
    264.5 KB · Views: 159
Thanks, still happening the next turn ?

Yes. Same error is logged on successive turns.

...edit: but absent after a reload

City connection data and diplo trade? It went smoothly with city capture... I think the problem occurred right after the peace deal where AI accepted city cede + other city.

Last edited:
Here's another example from a fresh game, if it helps.

Slightly different situation... this time I return a captured city to an AI player (China), but still demand a city. Here I get the 'cities turn unfinished' error for myself, and another AI player (England). The error persists through successive turns, but goes away after reloading.

The log is from the turn the error occurred.

Attachments

• log_error_turn_unfinished_03.7z
    411.7 KB · Views: 179
Thanks, and yes, it helps.

Same version used ?

Top Bottom