• Abstain

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider

In Retrospect
Shall we award Cyc with the Judicial, dedication, leadership, and debate honors?

Nomination:
Rik_Meleet said:
Cyc has been, as long as I have been around (mid term DG2), a citizen with dedication to and love for the game, A strong debater, A great & magnificent Judiciary member, a great mentor and inspirator for new citizens and has always stayed loyal to his own opinions on what the importance of the game is and how it should be handled. He holds firmly onto old DG principles such as 'Camelot shields' and 'educational and entertaining writings and RPG's' . He has never given up on in his point of view, even if there were strong movements against his wishes.

It is not always easy to join his vision or to be glad about the way he expresses his opinions, but that is not important for a Honorable Citizen award.

This award is about honoring citizens who have given their heart and soul for it. And I have only truly seen 1 person do that; Cyc. If anyone deserves it it is him. He has even sacrificed and made himself vulnerable for a forum-ban on several occasions for the sole purpose of expressing his opinion on the DemoGame. If that isn't dedication I don't know what is.

Seconded:
RegentMan said:
He has done an outstanding job in the judicary. The format is great, he responds quickly, and he is a professional at it. He voices his opinions, whether they be in the majority or the overwhelming minority. He also backs them up with facts and pictures. I have seen him post them almost everywhere, thus assuring that he is an active participant to the Demogame. And being around since the beginning, I sure hope he's around until the end.

Poll will run for 72 hours.

Shouldn't the award be for this demogame only? Not all games combined?

Abstain.

Well old friend, I voted no. Guess I'm still a tad upset about DGIV term 1. I know I shouldn't be but since there are so many out there who haven't gotten over DGIII term three I guess I fit right in here.

If the honor were for just plain dedication and leadership then I'd vote yes. It's the *judicial* part that caused me to vote no.

Chieftess said:

Abstain.
I agree.

As I feel after seeing the fist Prez Debates with Bush -n- Kerry, My vote stands at Undecided ;) :p )

If judicial weren't part of the poll I would say yes, but I abstain. I think judges should be as unbiased as possible.

Chieftess said:

Abstain.

I believe he meant the work he did in pass demogames that we still use in the current demogame. Also, it's up to the house to decide if the reason is good enough, I just post the poll. :rolleyes:

The Poll is closed. Citizen Honor failed with only 47.62% of the vote.

Black_Hole said:
so i take it abstain votes count as no votes?

Abstain is meant to be more of a "I support this person for a honor, but not this one."

Also, yes, they do count as no votes.

Black_Hole said:
well here is the real definition of abstain:

I know exactly what abstain means, and I don't really care. If you have any more complaints, I suggest you take it to the discussion thread.

Why does abstain count as a no? For then there will not be a poll with 3 yes votes.. 1 no vote... and 21 abstains. It makes it harder to receive an honor, and makes them worth more.

I'll try again, but this time without the "judicial". Frankly; I expected to have 4 seperate honor votings for Cyc. 1 for judicial, 1 for dedication etc. Not all 4 on a heap and then vote for the whole bunch.

But anyway; I'll nominate Cyc again for dedication, leadership, and debate honors.

Rik Meleet said:
I'll try again, but this time without the "judicial". Frankly; I expected to have 4 seperate honor votings for Cyc. 1 for judicial, 1 for dedication etc. Not all 4 on a heap and then vote for the whole bunch.

But anyway; I'll nominate Cyc again for dedication, leadership, and debate honors.

I did not post four seperate honors, because I post a poll per nomination, not per honor. If you were to make 4 differant nominations (or posts) then I would post 4 differant honors, but it also requires 4 differant people to second each of those nominations. I do this for I can connect each nomination/secondation to a poll.

10 Yes against 4 No votes.....Consider yourself honored Cyc. Abstain is not a no vote.

Strider's bias is appalling, and this behavior will hopefully be remembered come election time. Add to this the heralding of a convicted criminal :confused: :confused:, and it's no wonder people are turning their back on Citizen Honors.

Strider said:
I know exactly what abstain means, and I don't really care. If you have any more complaints, I suggest you take it to the discussion thread.

Why does abstain count as a no? For then there will not be a poll with 3 yes votes.. 1 no vote... and 21 abstains. It makes it harder to receive an honor, and makes them worth more.

Of course Abstain isn't a "No" vote. If that's how people felt, they would vote "no" not "abstain". The abstain vote is meant to show that people have looked at the poll, thought about the issue, but have been unable to reach a final decision. Effectively, a vote of Abstain is saying "I'm not sure about this issue, I'll accept whatever decision is reached by the rest of the voters".

Counting Abstain votes as No votes is a gross misinterpretation of the WOTP. I'm not going to go as far as some (read: Donovan Zoi) in accusing Strider of a corrupting bias, but I definately feel that he is incorrectly assessing the WOTP. I also find his hostility towards those who question aspects of the Citizen Honors unnerving. There's no reason to snap at someone just because they question your decisions. If you get offended that easily, politics (even internet message board pseudo-politics) is not for you.

I wish Strider would take his pet project a little less seriously; and take it's results a little more carefully.

How about we not allow citizen honors anymore? After all, like PI's/CC's, it seems people are taking them a bit too seriously and creating mudslinging matches out of them. Remember, this is just a game. Besides, I can clearly see things are a bit biased right now, especially if people have a, "Why vote for someone if they're not perfect?/Let's vote for someone who's perfect!" attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom