Citizen Honors Nominations

Originally posted by eyrei

I am compaining because this system of honors is ridiculous, and that is exactly why you didn't get an honor for being science leader for so long. I never got one for being domestic leader, VP or president either. I didn't really care, because very few of the honors that were given out were really meaningful anyway.

And, BTW, the reason they are acting against you is because you are treading the very edge of the constitution.;)

How the heck am I treading the constitution... Half of the stuff I'm doing isn't even in the constituin(or is not explained in good enough detail for one to get what their coming at)

Originally posted by Strider

Eyrei.... Stop complianing.... I've always wanted to get an honor for being science leader for 4 months. No I want one for putting up with Bill, Donsig, & Cyc for two terms.... Dang.... Talk about triple teaming their.... A pour 13 year old against all 3 of them who is probley 3x (at the lowest 2x) older than I am :(

If you feel people are teaming up against you, I cannot control that, but I can tell you that those who are arguing with you in multiple threads are not organized against YOU, they are simply trying to follow the rules of the demo game and communicate their disagreement with your actions. Being a leader is not a popularity contest...nor should honors be that either.

All I keep hearing from you is this "poor 13 year old..." line one minute, and then, in effect "let the experts, like me, run the game" the next minute. Which is it?

If you would simply have posted ONE official poll as leader of the science department, no one would be debating you. Your job would actually be easier....not harder...

And rather than argue with you, I would be happy to help you formulate polls in the future...just ask....

It is not my intention to attack you, but I have always posted when I disagree with something, and that includes such notables as Shaitan, donsig, and Cyc...as they have to me.

Just ask, I am happy to help

Bill

Originally posted by Bill_in_PDX

If you feel people are teaming up against you, I cannot control that, but I can tell you that those who are arguing with you in multiple threads are not organized against YOU, they are simply trying to follow the rules of the demo game and communicate their disagreement with your actions. Being a leader is not a popularity contest...nor should honors be that either.

All I keep hearing from you is this "poor 13 year old..." line one minute, and then, in effect "let the experts, like me, run the game" the next minute. Which is it?

If you would simply have posted ONE official poll as leader of the science department, no one would be debating you. Your job would actually be easier....not harder...

And rather than argue with you, I would be happy to help you formulate polls in the future...just ask....

It is not my intention to attack you, but I have always posted when I disagree with something, and that includes such notables as Shaitan, donsig, and Cyc...as they have to me.

Just ask, I am happy to help

Bill

1) That is the only thing I have ever used that I am 13 in anything.... First time.

2) I was not specific saying myself.... I said leader's are(should) be picked by their skill in office. Leader's yes does include myself, but negative attitude isn't something I'm good at.... So posting "all Leader(except myself) should be picked by skill" is not what I plan on doing.

3) Learn someone's attitude's/priotrites before you start complaing about them.... I normally don't ask anybody for help with anything. (Because most people I don't trust.... Lesson's from a diffucult RL)

Strider,

Please learn that when people disagree with you they are not complaining about you....they just disagree.

Quoting Dis:
Define exceptional...

Shaitan's work on the Constitution
Strider's contribution to the RPG
Dis' work with the Embassies
Bill_in_PDX's work with the Justice System
eyrie's work as Domestic Leader
chiefpaco's work in Foreign Affairs
Falcon02's work in the Military
Chieftess' dedication to being a DP
Almighty Josh's work as a Governor
Eklektikos work as a dedicated, contributing Demogamee
Octavian X for his willingness to help others
Grey Fox as our first President
Donsig for his detailed work as a President

There. That's 13. I would be hard pressed to come up with more.
Well, maybe not. I just can't think of any right now. I'm probably forgetting a really easy one.

Perhaps we need to rework this system.

First of all, lots of these honors are from the first demogame. Second, none of them has done much, considering the fact it's just the second term. Perhaps all of them ned to go through some sort of pre-selection process before a poll is posted.
Personally, I think that this many honors is just getting out of hand. What good is an honor if everybody else has one?

Well maybe Honors should only be awarded for work done in the previous Demogame.

Maybe an alternative:
1) honour polls are placed in the first week of each term, starting with term 2.
2) honour nominations can take place from week 1 to week 3 of each term.
3) nominations can only be placed for things done in the previous term
4) at least two independant people must nominate a citizen for the SAME reasons and for the SAME honour within the SAME nomination phase.
5) the honour polls must be finished withing the term they were started. they are placed for "2 days or when quorum reached, whichever comes last", but are closed at the last day of the term they were opened.
6) the citizen honour is given if 2/3 of the given votes in a honour poll approove the honour.
7) honoured citizens name the next cities our nation captures. the naming must run through a citizen acceptance poll.
8) honours can NOT be given to people because of the work they did in an official job (like president for his presidential work, cartographic officer for his maps etc.).

it should be really pretty hard to gain a honour with that. i believe almost nobody can do it.

I hope everybody knows.... We do have a discussion thread for this!

Originally posted by disorganizer
Maybe an alternative:
1) honour polls are placed in the first week of each term, starting with term 2.
2) honour nominations can take place from week 1 to week 3 of each term.
3) nominations can only be placed for things done in the previous term
4) at least two independant people must nominate a citizen for the SAME reasons and for the SAME honour within the SAME nomination phase.
5) the honour polls must be finished withing the term they were started. they are placed for "2 days or when quorum reached, whichever comes last", but are closed at the last day of the term they were opened.
6) the citizen honour is given if 2/3 of the given votes in a honour poll approove the honour.
7) honoured citizens name the next cities our nation captures. the naming must run through a citizen acceptance poll.
8) honours can NOT be given to people because of the work they did in an official job (like president for his presidential work, cartographic officer for his maps etc.).

it should be really pretty hard to gain a honour with that. i believe almost nobody can do it.

I disagree with everything, but #4.... That is about the only one I like :)

I see your point Strider, and the one I truely have a hard time with is #8.

In effect, if you are elected to an office, you cannot receive a honor.

You can. For example if you are domestic and then you can get a honour for military things for example.
And also: To be in an office is your honour!

You can. For example if you are domestic and then you can get a honour for military things for example.
And also: To be in an office is your honour!

No.... to be in office is a resposiblity and a pain in the butt. It is hardly an honor.

Well, in fact it is. You can promote yourself as the "xxx leader of fanatika" and things. And also almost all demogame presidents were also forum mods after their presidency.
And you get more rpg money than others!

ok. i would like to nominate the following citizens if they were not nominated already:

40J: the perfect work with the maps. we never had such a good artist in our populace

both for the oliven zweige.

ok. i would like to nominate the following citizens if they were not nominated already:

40J: the perfect work with the maps. we never had such a good artist in our populace

both for the oliven zweige.

I believe FortyJ has aalready been nominated for that same reason.

I will put up the honor poll for Danke through.

Top Bottom