City Defence - Did I miss something?

BufordTJustice

Chieftain
At the moment I am leading a war against China in a learning game and I noticed a strange thing about the city defence. I am attacking the capital Shanghai. The city defence value was 100% and when I attack with trebs they will remove 4%, cats will remove 2%. What is it that makes this city so strong?:confused:

Furthermore, I noticed that the city defence value changes when I click on a stack different from my attack stack. See the two screenshots. In one case the attack steck is selecteed -> defence value of Shanghai: 78%
In the next case I selected he galleon -> defence value for Shanghai: 31%

I can't explain this strange behaviour... Help is really appreciated! :)

Attachments

• City1.JPG
    City1.JPG
    264.1 KB · Views: 145
  • City2.JPG
    City2.JPG
    268.1 KB · Views: 113
There is a castle in the city, so bombardment is at -75% and there is a strength boni against non-gunpowder unit, and galleon are gunpowder unit in this case.

There is a castle in the city, so bombardment is at -75% and there is a strength boni against non-gunpowder unit, and galleon are gunpowder unit in this case.

Oh, thanks! I did not know that this is actually reflected in the defence value! Seems it was a bad idea to siege this city... What could I do? Bring in a spy? I have one on the way...

well you could bring more seige to help kill the city def value quiker.. u definitely want to take away the 100 value they got. and seige is made to take a little off the top so u dont have any uber ancient weapons.. now destroyers and battle ships doing 20% is nice

Top Bottom