City Name Maps

Do you guys prefer a simple Italian map for all the Italian civs or specific Venetian/Ligurian? Venice would be Venesia instead of Venezia, for example.

Do you guys prefer a simple Italian map for all the Italian civs or specific Venetian/Ligurian? Venice would be Venesia instead of Venezia, for example.

Which one would be done today?

Knit picking on dialects is OK, but do we have anyone who speaks the local dialect, if not, we can just change the name of Venice.

I think you can leave the Venetian/Ligurian city names the way they were, the italian map was fairly good in Italy
Where there is need for change because the new map, you can use the generic italian names

Post your final python file as soon as you are ready
I want to merge and upload the maps to the SVN in a few hours

Ok, finished. There was already some Ligurian and Venetian in the maps so I ended up adding more. Wikipedia actually had some articles in Ligurian and quite a few in Venetian.

All of Western Europe, Scandinavia, Bohemia, Hungary, the Mediterranean and Africa are synchronized in all of the Western languages except English. Absinthered, you might want to look at the Hungarian names I put in Dalmatia.

Also, I don't know what exactly it is you mean by "merging", (into the SVN or with another city name map?) but if it means copying and pasting from the RFCEMaps file (like I did for Germany/Austria, France/Burgundy), I just wanted to let you know that in the uploaded file there are not only changes for the languages listed but small edits and expansions of the other maps. This file also contains a few small changes to Spain, Portugal, France/Burgundy, Byzantium, Arabia/Cordoba, and Hungary as I said above.

Attachments

• RFCEMaps.zip
    77.3 KB · Views: 65
Cool, will start working on it right now
As I said, I was also improving the city names map in the past week
So I have to merge it with my version

Based on the previous version I saw, both you and Morholt did a great job, especially on the new areas
So don't worry, will keep this map as a base for the merge
Will see how far can I get with it tonight, can be really tedious...

Cool, will start working on it right now
As I said, I was also improving the city names map in the past week
So I have to merge it with my version

Are you doing changes to the map too. I just noticed that the new spot for the Bulgarian spawn is really bad. Right now, Preslav doesn't get neither horses nor Iron, which means they have no chance. I will just move the Iron and Horses, no other changes.

Are you doing changes to the map too. I just noticed that the new spot for the Bulgarian spawn is really bad. Right now, Preslav doesn't get neither horses nor Iron, which means they have no chance. I will just move the Iron and Horses, no other changes.

I don't plan to touch the map for 1.0, so feel free to do it

Michael Vick, quick question:
Did you guys touched some of the settler and war maps as well?
Or you didn't use the latest rfcemaps.py file as a base?
My last SVN update to the file was on January 8.

I'm not sure which is the most up-to-date version :/

Michael Vick, quick question:
Did you guys touched some of the settler and war maps as well?
Or you didn't use the latest rfcemaps.py file as a base?
My last SVN update to the file was on January 8.

I'm not sure which is the most up-to-date version :/

Are we updating the Wars Maps too? This will change the balance. I though city names were the only thing missing.

Are we updating the Wars Maps too? This will change the balance. I though city names were the only thing missing.

There are minor differences between the current SVN version, and in the file Michael Vick uploaded
So I'm not really sure whether they used as an outdated version as a base, or they intentionally did those minor updates

Probably it's the former, and I also didn't plan any changes in the settler/war maps - at least not for this version
So I will stick with the SVN version

There are minor differences between the current SVN version, and in the file Michael Vick uploaded
So I'm not really sure whether they used as an outdated version as a base, or they intentionally did those minor updates

Probably it's the former, and I also didn't plan any changes in the settler/war maps - at least not for this version
So I will stick with the SVN version

Yes, it is better to not touch the Wars Maps at this point.

I had to tweak some things about Bulgaria with the new resources, but everything is fine now. I have to take a look at Bulgaria/Byzantium/Ottomans name maps once you upload, but I doubt there would be any significant changes. Then I am ready to upload RFCE 1.0.

One of the reasons why I wanted to make the release before I started my new job was because I knew it would be hard to work on the mod like I used to. I have to get up early tomorrow to go to work, I will try to get up a bit earlier and hopefully get a chance to release the mod in the morning (between 6 and 7am), if not, I will release it after work (6-7pm).

Actually I just finished for now - it's 4 AM here :crazyeye:
Very far from perfect... for example the English map is very rushed
But overally I'm more or less statisfied
So you can release it right now if you want to
Will upload it in a few minutes

I have to take a look at Bulgaria/Byzantium/Ottomans name maps once you upload, but I doubt there would be any significant changes. Then I am ready to upload RFCE 1.0.

Btw, for Bulgaria and Bzyantium I only did some minor changes in Dalmatia and in the south Adriatic coastline
Having said that, there is always room for improvement, especially in the snycronization

Actually I just finished for now - it's 4 AM here :crazyeye:
Very far from perfect... for example the English map is very rushed
But overally I'm more or less statisfied
So you can release it right now if you want to
Will upload it in a few minutes

I wish I could wait until 4pm here. I had to get up at 5:30am and now I am already a bit late. It is not just fixing the name maps, also the mod takes over an hour to upload, unfortunately my Internet connection here is not as good as I used to have back in my old place.

I am uploading right now .... takes forever.

I wish I could wait until 4pm here. I had to get up at 5:30am and now I am already a bit late. It is not just fixing the name maps, also the mod takes over an hour to upload, unfortunately my Internet connection here is not as good as I used to have back in my old place.

I am uploading right now .... takes forever.

Yeah I know
But I don't think it's a problem for anyone if you do it only after work
Those couple hours doesn't matter. If you have more time tonight, do it then

I'm trying to make some changes myself, but all maps crash at, I think, "Init Graphics" or immediately after that; is there something I'm doing wrong?

Top Bottom