1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

City Names

Discussion in 'Team SANCTA' started by remake20, Nov 21, 2008.

1. remake20

remake20 :)

It's the only theme so far.:lol:

2. Viva_Chingon

Viva_Chingon Condition 1

I like Infectious Diseases.

http://www.cdc.gov/DiseasesConditions/

Meningitis, Gonorrhea, Scabies, Giardiasis, Infertility, etc.

I am also not opposed to using Tea names but I can't drink tea so, consequently, I'm not very familiar with their names.

3. Theoden

Theoden Chieftain GOTM Staff

Incorrect. A chess theme was mentioned and additionally a sanctum/holy stuff theme was indirectly proposed. ;)

4. Krill

Krill Chieftain

I think a tea theme is probably more suitable than an infectious diseases, considering there could well be minors on this team or on other teams that can see our cities ;)

5. Viva_Chingon

Viva_Chingon Condition 1

Just a thought. :)

6. Karhu

Karhu Devil's Advocate

I'm pleased so many like the tea theme. I didn't expect it to get very far, but I guess a good pot of tea speaks to everyone's soul and not just mine. :jesus:

I was going to suggest Rum, but I like the idea of naming them after ourselves better.

This is cleaver, but I'm still going to throwout my suggestion of naming ships after Ladies from fictional sources (or myth and legend). For example; T.A.S. (Triple Alliance Ship)????? Hummm, I'm having trouble coming up with a single name. Maybe this isn't such a good naming convention....

Ask and thou shall receive....

Heavenly Blue Peak, White Peony, Silver Needle, Drum Mountain White Cloud, Lapsang Souchong, Jasmine Pearls, Litchee Pearls, Orchid Oolong, Ti Kuan Yin, Single Trunk Oolong, Imperial Gold Oolong, Orange Blossom, Monk's Celebration, Golden Gunpowder Black Tea, Chatham Lookout, Little Buddha, Bird's Tongue, Green Snow Bud, Black River Mountain, Camel's Breath, Imperial Pu-erh, Eight Immortals, Hairy Crab, Snow Pear Oolong, Source Mountain, Golden Monkey.

Of course, there's always more to choose from. There's always more....

Say it isn't so! I must know more. :confused:

7. Karhu

Karhu Devil's Advocate

I'd like to see further exploration of this theme. I think it holds strong potential.

8. Viva_Chingon

Viva_Chingon Condition 1

It's true...unfortunately due to Caffeine/Tannin reaction...wreaks my stomach for days. Not too big a deal, really. I got over it a long time ago. :)

9. Karhu

Karhu Devil's Advocate

white tea has just 7mg of caffeine in it, I think there's less tannins too.

10. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

i like a theme but one that identifies cities somewhat....completely random names work when you have 3-10 cities and they are all managable, but once you get 25+ you need names so that less activie people gooo...."ahh yes i know what city that is"

drawback: to descriptive to the suroundings = enemies know something about it without seeing it.

11. AutomatedTeller

AutomatedTeller Frequent poster

Constant Comment, Lemon Zinger, Chamomile, Mandarin Orange Spice, Sleepytime...

12. Ronnie1

Ronnie1 Chieftain

I like "Inner Sanctum" for capitol.

13. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

and Outer Sanctum for our first city capture by war :D

14. remake20

remake20 :)

Here's another them, but i don't think it will get far. Humor all our towns will a silly names and no one will take us seriously and when we strike :ar15:...

Here are some more names that fall around the Humor area.

1. This is a good name for a city
    2. My city is better than yours
    3. You are here
    4. City City (you know like Underpants city, city city)
    5. Funky
    6. Please use other Border (For a border town)
    7. I eat danger for breakfast
    8. World Peace (It'll be funny when someone captures it (I hope they don't, BTW this is what it in civ 3 it may be different in civ 4)
    )

15. Whomp

Whomp Keep Calm and Carry On Retired Moderator

I like Inner Sanctum too. Very Zen like. I keep thinking of a INXS song when I think of our team name but...

16. civplayah

civplayah fronter

What does everyone think of Cordus for our second city? (It means "second" in Latin!)

17. Karhu

Karhu Devil's Advocate

Inner Sanctum would be a great name for a tea....

18. Viva_Chingon

Viva_Chingon Condition 1

Considering we have a coastal capitol city, I think Inner Sanctum might not quite fit...it's not the 'inner' of anything.

What about "The Krakhaus"?

19. 1889

1889 Mayor of H-Marker Lake

I like themes as well but don't want to loose sight of the fact that we are Dutch. On the other hand I imagine SANCTA as a secret society like the illuminati or something. One idea is to use Dutch translations of: secret, clandestine, covert, underground, top secret, undisclosed, surreptitious, furtive, hush-hush, cloak-and-dagger, closet, underhanded, sly, confidential, private, classified, confidence, restricted, surprise, skeleton in the cupboard, mystery, enigma, riddle, etc as city names.

20. Viva_Chingon

Viva_Chingon Condition 1

I have some dutch friends, I'll ask them what they think of that and if they can come up with some cool stuff...