[R&F] City-States Expanded

Experimenting has shown me that this problem appears to be a conflict between CSE and CQUI somehow. If anyone could help me resolve this I would be grateful
Delete the cqui city state panel. That made it work for me.

I can't recall it was months ago but i wrote it down earlier in this thread or on the steam page in the discussion thread... I think it wasd one od those though

Would it be possible to upload a version with just the new CS and yields (including Mekong ruleset), without all the combat bonuses, free walls etc? I know you can change this in settings, but for multiplayer when people download mods automatically and need the same version, it's much more convenient if everyone can get the same mod like that. The people I play with (one of whom often picks Barbarossa) don't want the combat changes.

Would be hugely appreciated

Which file exactly did you delete? I deleted files in UI\Partial Screens\ (citystates.lua and citystates.xml) but it didn't help :(

break the name of citystates.xml in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\DLC\CQUI_Community-Edition-master\Assets\Expansion2\Replacements
keep the other one

;)

Hello;

I just installed your mods "City-States Expanded," and "Mekong Ruleset." I found them an excellent addition to the game; thank you.

This morning I added "Community Quick User Interface," May 2020 and can no longer see all of the City-states or send Envoys.

Am I mistaken, I thought I read these mods were compatible?

CQUI is not 100% compatible sadly, you'll need to delete the CQUI files that modify the city-state screen. More information on how to do so can be found on the steam workshop page.

I have just read on Steam you guys updated your mod to work with CQUI. Anywhere I can find the direct download link to the updated version for non-Steam users?

This is a fantastic mod! I am in awe of how much thought and work went into it. Thank you!

I've always wanted City States to play a larger role in the game. I know just enough about modding to be dangerous, but not particularly useful.

Here's one thought: I was hoping to make a mod that would increase the CS trade route yields depending on how many envoys you have (say +8% per envoy) and an additional (+50% ?) for Suzerains. I was poking around looking at code in the Better Trade Screen mod (TradeSupport.lua) and found this line:

local modifierYields = tradeManager:CalculateOriginYieldsFromModifiers(routeInfo.OriginCityPlayer, routeInfo.OriginCityID, routeInfo.DestinationCityPlayer, routeInfo.DestinationCityID);

which seems like it might be the right place to look to get some pointers. I'm guessing we don't have access to the source code for CalculateOriginYieldsFromModifiers. (And how the heck do you figure out what the arguments are, anyway???)

I confess I don't know anything about how to play with the Modifier tables. But in browsing through the tables I didn't come across anything that made me think there was any way to implement my idea. Do you gurus think I am missing something, or do you have any other suggestions? Thx in advance for any advice.

I'm seeing an issue with Consular city-states where they seem to be granting +2 diplomatic favor for the small influence bonus no matter what the 'amount' is set to for MODIFIER_CSE_CONSULAR_CAPITAL_FAVOR_MOD in CSE_ConsularXP2.sql. I'm able to change the text in CSE_LocalizationXP2.sql and the changes are reflected in the tooltips in the city-state screen. I'm not sure why the changes to the values in CSE_ConsularXP2.sql don't seem to be reflected in the Player Extra Favor Per Turn being generated but the changes to CSE_LocalisationXP2.sql are visible. This is where I'm trying to change the amount of diplomatic favor granted in CSE_ConsularXP2.sql:

Code:
INSERT INTO ModifierArguments
        (ModifierId,                                    Name,                Value                                            )
VALUES    ('MODIFIER_CSE_CONSULAR_CAPITAL_FAVOR',            'ModifierId',        'MODIFIER_CSE_CONSULAR_CAPITAL_FAVOR_MOD'        ),
        ('MODIFIER_CSE_CONSULAR_CAPITAL_FAVOR_MOD',        'Amount',            1                                                ),
        ('MODIFIER_CSE_CONSULAR_GOV_PLAZA_1_FAVOR',        'ModifierId',        'MODIFIER_CSE_CONSULAR_GOV_PLAZA_1_FAVOR_MOD'    ),
        ('MODIFIER_CSE_CONSULAR_GOV_PLAZA_1_FAVOR_MOD',    'Amount',            1                                                ),
        ('MODIFIER_CSE_CONSULAR_GOV_PLAZA_2_FAVOR',        'ModifierId',        'MODIFIER_CSE_CONSULAR_GOV_PLAZA_2_FAVOR_MOD'    ),
        ('MODIFIER_CSE_CONSULAR_GOV_PLAZA_2_FAVOR_MOD',    'Amount',            1                                                ),
        ('MODIFIER_CSE_CONSULAR_GOV_PLAZA_3_FAVOR',        'ModifierId',        'MODIFIER_CSE_CONSULAR_GOV_PLAZA_3_FAVOR_MOD'    ),
        ('MODIFIER_CSE_CONSULAR_GOV_PLAZA_3_FAVOR_MOD',    'Amount',            2                                                );

This is the release I am working off of:
Hey guys! Sorry about the lack of updates on here - I'm rubbish.

Just dropping by to say that CSE has now been updated, and is available with a direct download from here: https://github.com/ChimpanG/CIVITAS-CSE-Release

Steam uploader is a buggy mess so I've gotta wait for Scotty to return before we can do that, so for now the direct download is the best I can do. All the details are on the page, but here are the highlights:
- 70 new city-states
- Fallback system (each CS has a fallback type so when eg: Maritime is disabled via user settings, the CS will become something else, like Trade etc)
- User settings - whole bunch of stuff to play with here, including disabling any city-states
- Extensive mod-support (it's now harmonious with the manual CS selection on YNAMP)
- 4th tier type bonuses (so that your Research Labs etc don't get left out in the cold)
- Cross-compatibility all the way back to vanilla

From this point it's just cleaning up stuff that might have been missed in beta, but otherwise, she's ready to run with!

All the best,
Chimp

I also notice this release from ChimpanG's github doesn't seem to have updates to the reward types relating to the Ethiopia update. The version I got from the Steam workshop has Ethiopia release-specific updates, but the CSE_UserSettings file no longer has a setting for SUZERAIN_DIPLOMATIC_FAVOR and the Consular city-state type only has the option of granting loyalty bonuses.

When I download from the direct download link given in the first post of this thread it takes me to a mega.nz site and the downloaded version doesn't seem to include a CSE_UserSettings file at all.

So I'm really confused about what's the "latest" version of this mod.

The latest version of the mod is what's on steam, since ChimpanG is no longer maintaining the mod. If you use a Steam Workshop downloader, you should be able to get the most up-to-date version. A quick way to identify the most current version would be to check if you see CSE Game Modes (in the same area as Apocalypse mode etc) on game setup.

The latest version of the mod is what's on steam, since ChimpanG is no longer maintaining the mod. If you use a Steam Workshop downloader, you should be able to get the most up-to-date version. A quick way to identify the most current version would be to check if you see CSE Game Modes (in the same area as Apocalypse mode etc) on game setup.

Thank you very much! I grabbed it from the Steam workshop downloader and have been loving the City States Expanded mod ever since!

On another note related to the new CS types: do they interact properly with Kilwa Kisiwani?

I did notice in my last game, there were 3 consular city states and I had the option toggled for them to give loyalty bonuses, and they did give loyalty bonuses, but when I captured a city that had Kilwa Kisiwani built I suddenly was getting +28 diplomatic favor. It seems as though Kilwa Kisiwani is giving the +15% and +30% bonuses as it should, but it's defaulting to assuming consular city states give diplomatic favor.

Finally could find a way to "extract" the CS-Types symbols to work on some (personal) GFX stuff..
Here are the results after unpacking the other defaults from SDK-Pantry DDS assets.

IC(80c)_Agrarian.png
IC(80c)_Consular.png
IC(80c)_Entertainment.png
IC(80c)_Maritime.png
IC(80c)_Militaristic.png
IC(80c)_Industrial.png
IC(80c)_Cultural.png
IC(80c)_Scientific.png
IC(80c)_Trade.png
IC(80c)_Religious.png

Zipped them together.. click on the attached file if you want. ;)

Top Bottom