Civ 4 forum

In that case, this is the most *critical time* to influence the future development of CivIV by having a whole different forum dedicated to it! lol

I suggest you pick a moderator that agrees with totalitarian ideology, has a somewhere long the name lines of: Chairmen Yang, Stalin, etc,etc and give him/her the power to appoint secret police enforcers who only report to the appointed moderator....

...Im pretty sure *this* kind of moderator will do the job...errr......ruthlessly effienctly! lol :D

Originally posted by Bart2k4
In that case, this is the most *critical time* to influence the future development of CivIV by having a whole different forum dedicated to it! lol

Actually Jesse Smith or somone said that any suggetions at this time would not be helpful or something like that.

So, what does it matter? IMHO it would be nicer to have this argument stop and just putup a forum for it... where PC doesn't count. ;)

Who would moderate it? No one here knows anything about it other then the fact that it's being thought about. If Firaxis wanted a forum for suggestions they would have contaced TF a while ago. So until they get to beta stage a forum would be useless. And BTW putting up a forum just to get them to stop would only serve to make people think that if they beg enough they'll get what they want;)

Originally posted by MarineCorps
Who would moderate it? No one here knows anything about it other then the fact that it's being thought about. If Firaxis wanted a forum for suggestions they would have contaced TF a while ago. So until they get to beta stage a forum would be useless. And BTW putting up a forum just to get them to stop would only serve to make people think that if they beg enough they'll get what they want;)
Moderators for such a forum are only there to keep order; they don't really need to know all the latest details on the theorized development of Civ4, other than some general knowledge.

As for who these mods will be (for this proposed forum), as usual, it'll decided by TF, with 'help' fr the existing moderators. :p

Hmmmm, could have sworn that one of the requriments has that you had to have an more then general knowledge of what they are moderating. :hmm:

Well, I have only vague knowledge of things political, sports, American, or European, yet for some reason I've been made a Colloseum mod; so that assumption doesn't really stand. :p

'Sides, how will anyone have 'more than general knowledge' on something as vague as Civ4? :p

However the Colloseum is the general section, so in a way you are perfectly suited to it :)

I guess a lot of people now'a days are starting to *take* their civ4 comment outside appropriate thread. Its happening more, and more... it shows the people arn't happy... and soon the general discussion thread will turn into(if not already) into the next civ4 thread - forum - discussion gathering.

Actually, rather than showing unhappiness, I note that most of it shows ignorance -- they don't even know the thread is there....

There will always be multiple threads about "what I want in Civ4" in Civ3-GD. Not a *big* problem, as long as they don't get out of hand. But it is still *waaaaay* too early to bother with a Civ4 forum - the developers wouldn't read it, (they don't *want* suggestions, yet) and it would just become a spamfest.

Originally posted by Padma
Actually, rather than showing unhappiness, I note that most of it shows ignorance -- they don't even know the thread is there....
Hmmm, kinda like the big red letters in the discription of the unit graphics forum that say DON'T POST UNIT REQUESTS IN HERE? :D :p How can they not know the thread is there?

Originally posted by Padma
and it would just become a spamfest.

Spam Good :p

EDIT: Yup I was right!
Spam is tolerated.
Spam is considered posting topics or messages on our forums that contain no point, relevance, or contain subject matter that doesn't directly allow other member participation. Topics directed to a particular user, posting several times consecutively as an appendage to ONE post, and posts in threads that have NOTHING to do with the subject matter are all considered spam and will be praised on sight. Contributing to/or intentionally posting spam will be tolerated.

I'm soooooooooo bored. CDG is down so I can't play with fire over there (AKA driving wyrm nuts :p :lol: )

Your citizens of thread "offical civ 4 ideas" are rioting! Your options:

1) Nerve Staple everysingle rioting drone
2) Build new forum

Methinks number 1 is a million times more likely ;)

.......lol, ok :rofl:

Top Bottom