Civ-4 GOTM 01: Saves available

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Game of the Month' started by ainwood, Nov 24, 2005.

1. ainwood

ainwood Consultant. Administrator

Unfortunately, I don't think so. Have a browse on the DVD, but if its not there, a reinstall might be the best option. :(

2. DaEezT

DaEezT Civ, Pizza, Spam, Repeat

err, this sux. I can't install the patch because 1.09 won't work with my password protected pbem and I can't stay 1.00 much longer because I want to play the gotm :cry:

3. CorSaiR

CorSaiR Plugged in

No, but that should not make any difference as it is a separate program.

4. ainwood

Any way of running a dual install?

5. eldar

eldar ChiefTank

I have a vanilla 1.09 installation with xfire installed. I will try the save now and report back.

[Edit] Loaded no probs. Though it took me 2 restarts for it to remember my options (not that I really should've had to set them back... and my old profile was incompatible... but those aren't GOTM-related gripes!!)

6. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Super Moderator Supporter

The game won't load for me either. Is Blue Marble considered a mod? I am running it.

7. ainwood

I am not completely sure, but it might be.

8. Birdjaguar

I thought it just changed the graphics. I would hate to have to install and uninstall it all the time, since I really like its appearance. is there a way to install the game twice on different hard drives? That way I could use one for 4OTM and one for just playing.

9. crunch

crunch Emperor

Fresh reinstall & repatch helped. Wee-hee.

10. ainwood

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to experiment with this. If you have any luck, then let people know.

11. Birdjaguar

Spoiler 78 files files affected by Blue Marble: :

C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Interface\Main Menu\CivTitle.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Interface\Main Menu\Clouds2.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Interface\Main Menu\Earth.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\CLI_Arid.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\CLI_Cold.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\CLI_Rock.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\CLI_Temp.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\CLI_Trop.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\FLAT_DARK.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\FLAT_GREATPLAINS.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\FLAT_Highlands.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\FLAT_OASIS.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\FLAT_WaterINLANDSEA01.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\FLAT_WaterINLANDSEA02.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\FLAT_WaterINLANDSEA03.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\FLAT_WORLD.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\WaterARCH01.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\WaterARCH02.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\WaterARCH03.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\WaterCONT01.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\WaterCONT02.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\WaterCONT03.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\WaterICEAGE01.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\WaterICEAGE02.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\WaterICEAGE03.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\WaterLAKE01.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\WaterLAKE02.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\WaterLAKE03.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\WaterPANG01.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\WaterPANG02.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\WaterPANG03.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\WaterTERRA01.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\WaterTERRA02.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Interface\Screens\WorldPicker\WaterTERRA03.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Shared\Trees_1024.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Structures\Buildings\Aqueduct\Aqueduct.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Structures\Improvements\Farm\crops.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Structures\Improvements\Farm\crops_irr.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Features\Floodplain\FloodPlain_baseALL.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Features\Oasis\oasis_water.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Features\Oasis\oasis2.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Resources\Banana\Banana.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Resources\Banana\TreePage.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Resources\Gems\Gems.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Resources\Rice\rice_all_in_one.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Resources\Uranium\Uranium.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Routes\Railroads\Railroad.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Routes\Railroads\Railroad_128.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Routes\Rivers\AllRivers.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Routes\Rivers\AllRiversLarge.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Routes\Rivers\AllRiversSmall.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Routes\Rivers\AllRiversSmaller.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Sky\Clouds01.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Sky\Clouds01dark.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Sky\Clouds01decal.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Textures\CoastBLEND.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Textures\CoastGRIDS.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Textures\DesertBLEND.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Textures\DesertDETAIL.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Textures\DesertGRIDS.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Textures\GrassBLEND.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Textures\GrassDETAIL.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Textures\GrassGRIDS.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Textures\HillBLEND.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Textures\HillGRIDS.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Textures\IceBLEND.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Textures\IceDETAIL.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Textures\IceGRIDS.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Textures\OceanBLEND.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Textures\OceanGRIDS.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Textures\PeakBLEND.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Textures\PeakGRIDS.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Textures\PlainsBLEND.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Textures\PlainsDETAIL.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Textures\PlainsGRIDS.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Textures\TundraBLEND.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Textures\TundraDETAIL.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Textures\TundraGRIDS.dds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Birdjaguar\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\Art\Terrain\Water\water.dds

Moderator Action: Contracted those a bit.... :ack:

12. Birdjaguar

Yes I will.

13. ainwood

If they're custom assets, then I would have thought that it shouldn't stop you playing the GOTM (although it probably won't use those textures). Perhaps you can try a reinstall?

14. Redbad

Redbad should have shaved

de-install, install and patch didn't help
    Installed and patched on another computer: same problem.

I don't know what more can be done

15. Xevious

Xevious 1 Solvalou left

Same here, I had blue marble installed. I removed it with the blue marble installer, still couldn't load game. Completely deinstalled civ4, including deleting the directories and my games folders afterwards. Reinstall and patch and still can't load the save.

16. eotinb

eotinb Ancient and Hermetic

For those who regularly use CustomAssets and want to play the GOTM with minimal hassle, might I recommend zipping your CustomAssets folder and then you can delete when you want to play GOTM and unzip to recreate when you are playing anything else. Still a bit of a hassle, but easier than un- and re-installing Blue Marble all the time or moving XML and Python files individually in and out of their directories.

17. syneris

syneris Chieftain

Create a new user and install civ4 in a different location for that user? If you installed "for all users" when asked at installation, you may have to do a bit more work. I have multiple users I use for different things (with customized desktops and fav's, etc for each), and often have 2-3 of them logged in at once unless i'm gaming. I haven't tried multiple installations of the same game on different users, but it shouldn't be a problem.

18. seven21

seven21 Chieftain

edit - error

19. AndrewN

AndrewN Prince

Just to let everyone know, I managed to run the game with a mod installed, much to my surprise.

The mod in question is this one which changes the domestic advisor ro make it more useful.

20. Nightfang

Nightfang 'Pointy Stick' Scientist

I am able to load the game with the current (newest) version of the Blue Marble mod runing on Civ 4 with patch 1.09. So, i'm good! :goodjob: