Civ 5 / buy or not?

If you've played IV a lot, V seems super slow. To me at least. And it's very different, but it's pretty fun too.

I would say skip civV and go straight to civVI. Though civVI is extremely easy (deity is sth bettween civIV monarch/emperor) it got rid most of civV absurds. At least expansion in expansion focused gameseries is not punished any more. And constantly released updates give some hope to bring back some good concepts to the game

Last edited:
Yep, go straight back to Civ IV :D

lol :) Edited to civVI when it should be :)

Okay, well i think i give the new anno a shot in this case. Or maybe frostpunk. Looks like Civ 5 would be too easy and Civ 6 a huge dissapointment when you are used to play Civ 4 on higher difficulties. Thats a shame. I was hoping that the newer civs would be as amazing as Civ 3 and 4 have been. But after heroes 6 and other bad sequels of strategy series, then i think i stick to Civ 4 for a little bit of more time.

Like a few years:D. Maybe even try out this C2C mod. Can you guys recommend it? It looks very complicated. Thanks again for the feedback

Last edited:
Your asking a Civ 4 Strategy forum if you should buy a Civ 5 game? Apart from Lymond not sure who else here got on board with Civ 5 much. However ask same question on Civ 5 forum and they will all say they love it.

The key here is some people like micro where others prefer a simpler game which is more about story telling. Lot of players here are playing Civ 4 at Deity level. Which would be much harder than Civ 5 deity.

These threads are quite commons on Civ 5 section.

Top Bottom