1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[CIV 5 Issues] - The complete list

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Bug Reports' started by poncratias, Sep 27, 2010.

1. TheBlackAdderBG

TheBlackAdderBG Chieftain

In Technology Tree ,Anti-Tank Gun is before Tank.How this was unnoticed by testers is beyond me.:confused:

2. Dusk

Dusk Prince

This is intended. It's like this in Civ IV Beyond the Sword as well. It's to give technologically inferior civilizations a counter to the tank.

3. Ktulu

Ktulu Warlord

When choosing something to build there is all kinds of horizontal space that is unused. Why not display some important info there instead of empty space? For instance, next to buildings you could have all the mouse over info dsiplayed (maintanance costs, bonuses etc.)

4. jacyp

jacyp Winter Lover

I agree with almost everything on the OP, but this thing make me really angry:

* social policies should be more flexible, an empire should be able to change it's directions over the ages

One must be extremely narrow minded to say that.

1st - They are flexible. You are able to change the direction of you civilization over the ages. Don't you know that? Let me give you a tutorial then: when you accumulate enough culture, you can chose a NEW social policy, thus giving your empire a NEW direction, if you like. Otherwise you can reinforce the direction it is going right now taking a social policy from the same tree. Don't you know that?

2nd - people often mention the Civ IV system as a more "flexible" system cos you can adjust to the situation and blablablablabla.

Let me ask you something: when the USA declared "war on terrorism" and invaded Afghanistan and Iraq, did they change their "Government Civic" to "Police State" to prevent unhappiness? Believe, if they could, they would. Ask Bush.

Since China has a lot of people and need infrastructure, should they change their "Labor Civic" to "Slavery" and whip some, and then return to whatever they are, right? Yeah, go try that.

Remember what happened on the US when they wanted to end slavery on the whole country? I tell you what happened: a freaking civil war, a bloodbath that still carries grudges today, 145 years after (I know that's more to it than this, but let's keep it simple, my example still applies). So you think that over a million deaths, A MILLION, caused by an internal war that had amongst her reasons a "civic change" are well emulated by a ridiculous turn of "anarchy" where you just lose a turn of production, gold and science?

Ever heard of an obscure little thing called the "french revolution"? It was a civic change! Should I go on?

There is no "flexibility" in real life, you need a freaking revolution or a "coup d'etat" to change these things in real life. So why you make a game where you can just go back and forth on this, whenever it pleases you with no major consequence?

Hell yeah they should cut this flexibility! This NEVER existed! A gradual upgrade of the thought system indeed ocurred as time passed by, but using those civics from CIV IV, it could only be well emulated if you had no control on the changes, and with the changes being progressives 90% of the time. No government wakes up in the morning sayin "hey, we were a war mongering people our whole history. Let's change that and produce more culture!".

The entire middle-eastern are warring for THOUSANDS of years! That land knows no peace, exactly cos of the type of society that they cultivated since the beggining of their history. Time passed, things evolved and were adapted, but following the same mentality. Go ahead and call them, say they just need to change civics and everything will be as colourful as the rainbow. Good luck with that.

The English carries a "fame" all around the world for being punctual, methodic, arrogant for centuries. The French carries their fame, the Scotts carries their fame, the Portuguese, the Turks, the Russians, and dozens of other cultures and countries, they all carry their fame for centuries based on something cultural that are carried over through the generations. Adapted to the new times, yes, but it's the same thing in essence.

So don't come with this "flexibility" bs. This thing doesn't exist and don't need to. That's the early choices that has to define what you will or can be in the future. You compromise and learn to adapt yourself to every situation by being what your people always were. This overpower gamer mentality to take advantage of every possibility every time it's the best choice is ridiculous. Learn to play with the inconvenient or non-optimum choice. That's what strategy is, you adapt what you have to the situation. A football coach doesn't sign an entire team every time he'll play with an adversary that has players that overcome his own. He adapt his strategy to deal with it.

That's what a lot of whiners have to do.

5. RobO

RobO King

When I play with Mods and go to the Save screen, I can't see the existing save games with mods. I can see games played without mods.

6. PieceOfMind

PieceOfMind Drill IV Defender Retired Moderator

Sorry if this has been mentioned already:
    -The rivers in strategic mode are difficult to see under the borders of civs or city states. Considering that cultural expansion now has a bias to go along rivers and not across them, this problem is very common in most games. I'm not sure the best way to do it, but rivers I think need to be made a bit more visible in strat mode. It's even more critical in civ5 to know the course of rivers because they expend all movement points of units that move across them (well 10 points technically, as written in the xml, but no one says that ;)). Several times when I've been playing in strat mode I've moved a unit and unexpectedly run out of movement points due to crossing an unseen river.
    Example: And it's even worse with hex grid turned on.:(

If you want a brief dot point:
    • In strategic mode, rivers under the border of a civ or city state are too difficult to see.

That should go to bug reports I think, rather than here, as I don't think it's meant to work that way. I have a feeling you're doing something wrong by the way, but I can't tell for sure.

7. RobO

RobO King

The title of the thread is Civ 5 Issues. In my mind that includes bugs. Is there a bug list?

Besides, there is a grey zone here. Is the lack of a feature that "should have" been there a bug? For example, the inability to control worker automation. It effectively destroys your ability to automate workers, so is IMO a bug. It's not a big deal, what is important is that the developers get this list.

8. RobO

RobO King

I don't think this is on the list in the OP.

The unit upgrade you get from Ancient Ruins is odd and another sign that this game wasn't thought through. It can result in a Rifleman running around in the ancient age. It should most definitely be replaced with a (random) promotion or a number of XPs.

9. PieceOfMind

PieceOfMind Drill IV Defender Retired Moderator

Well you can list it here too, but at least mention it in bug reports as well, because if it is indeed a bug then it needs to be fixed and should be pointed out. For the most part, this thread is about issues which aren't clearly bugs.

10. TheBlackAdderBG

TheBlackAdderBG Chieftain

Yes,but still you can have tank before anti-tank infantry.Here you must tech "Replaceable Parts" to unlock "Combustion"....

11. Kinseek

Kinseek Monarch

When moving a settler you should get a graphical outline three tiles out from wherever you are preparing to move to - so you can see the maximum amount of tiles that can be used in the city and plan better. You should also be able to see outlines for the existing cities.

I'm tired of counting.

12. marekb

marekb Warlord

Giving a unit to a city state you earn always 2IP. If the city state is at war and requests units you should earn more. And if you give them a unit that is more advanced that the units of attacker you should earn earn more IP. On the other hand if you give them an obsolete unit, you should not earn any IP.

13. Lord Parkin

Lord Parkin aka emperor

Bug:

Notifications come up for "X is no longer allied with Y city state" many dozens of turns after X has been completely destroyed as a civilization.

14. Lord Parkin

Lord Parkin aka emperor

Potential bug:

AI cities and land units seem not to bother bombarding Embarked hostile units in the waters around them. This makes early-mid game Amphibious assaults when no ships are nearby a cakewalk, since you can safely leave your 1-2 HP highly damaged units Embarked next to a city with no consequences.

15. gunter

gunter King

Dunno if that's already been mentioned , anway :

1) Submarines get Bombard land promotions, they can't bombard so that's a bug

2) Graphic glitch : when planes are inside a carrier there is a number on top of them representing the planes available but when the carrier moves it often happen the number still remain alone in the tile where the carrier was before moving. It may happen multiple times so you may see several tiles with a number where the carrier has been during her past moves.

16. Doctor Phibes

Doctor Phibes Prince

Obligatory to say dunno if it's been mentioned, but...

The 'City X demands furs [or whatever]' bit. Why do you have to get a whole pile of these notifications when you *actually already have furs* [or whatever]? They only happen because the city's changed its fickle little mind. And - the next turn it's having an 'I love the King' day because it just realised it had furs all along, which is of course a second set of notifications that could be totally dispensed with. Grrr. About 75% of these annoying notifications could be eliminated with a tiny amount of thought, I'm thinking.

17. Dusk

Dusk Prince

Bug reports go in the bug report forum.

18. Ever Adrift

Ever Adrift Warlord

Same here. I'm also having major lag issues towards the end of medieval age on a large map and my machine is near the highest recommended specs and I've got all the graphics options set to their lowest setting. I don't want to be relegated to Standard and Small maps...

19. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

All air units located in a city can't be seen.

The only way to select an air unit located in a city is to go in the "unit list panel" and check one by one the unit to get the one you want.

So many stupid issues...

20. Ever Adrift

Ever Adrift Warlord

A few problems/complaints:

In the SDK World Builder:
    ~ Rivers are a nightmare to place, takes forever!
    ~ Should be able to delete last placed unit or resource with right click
    ~ Actual Bug: Choosing to 'randomly scatter resources' causes World Builder to scatter tons of non-strategic resources and make massive clusters of the same resource; namely, lots and lots and lots of cattle.

In game:
    ~ Maybe I haven't looked hard enough, but where is the Civilopedia?
    ~ Bring back the graphs from Civ IV that show how you're doing relative to other civilizations
    ~ Marathon (my favorite mode) is heavily imbalanced; it takes WAY too long to build units and buildings: the whole point of Marathon is to be able to have TIME to build lots of units or buildings in each era, build speeds should be similar to epic or even standard.
    ~ Economy could be boosted a bit, production ability from tiles needs to be ramped up unless cities are allowed to grow a little faster