1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[CIV 5 Issues] - The complete list

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Bug Reports' started by poncratias, Sep 27, 2010.

1. guspasho

guspasho Prince

I know, right? I hate it when game developers give us what is basically a beta release and then expect us to QA it for them for free.

2. TheBlackAdderBG

TheBlackAdderBG Chieftain

Wonders and buildings in coastal cities are in the water(Pyramid,Coliseum,Stonehenge etc.)

3. RobO

RobO King

F1.
    Don't worry - it doesn't really contain very much useful info. Most of it is yadayada stuff.

4. MadRat

MadRat Cheese Raider

Suggestion:

Unhappiness due to population only occurs in larger cities (5 or 6 +). Having settlers found a new size 1 city shouldn't make Unhappiness WORSE.

5. taylor_cu

taylor_cu Chieftain

About 120-159 issues and bugs :crazyeye: This game is a swindle :cry: we are in a pc games swindle age :crazyeye:

6. LegioCorvus

LegioCorvus Prince

Unhappiness is currently the sole limiting agent of expansion. It's also not a very good one, as major unhappiness only has strategically minor penalties compared to its potential benefits. Being able to create new cities without happiness penalties would make REX so powerful as to be the only strategy worth considering when available.

It would break the game beyond repair.

7. MadRat

MadRat Cheese Raider

I understand but right now the unhappiness breaks the game beyond repair. The only option i could see is some way of generating more happiness, like actually having temples and monuments add to happiness as well. The AI gets so much happiness bonus that the only people crippled by it are the human players. I rarely ever get happiness > 20 and its usually hovering around 0, despite oodles of coliseums, theatres, circuses and breads.

Rat

8. Disreg

Disreg Chieftain

More weaknesses than bugs, but:

AI - gives away cities like candy after minor defeats, sometimes just one unit loses.

AI - has no realistic chance of ever reaching a science or cultural victory, even when that's what it seems to be aiming for.

In half a dozen Emperor and King games on standard maps that reached 2000 AD+, I've never seen the AI complete more than 2 cultural trees or 1 space ship part, even when they're totally non-aggressive and doing well. That's hundreds of turns short of missing the goal.

9. Snackwell

Snackwell Chieftain

Great thread, caught everything I wanted to bring up that wasn't mentioned elsewhere:

- military overview needs to let you click through to a unit
    - "r" can't be both "road" and "show resources"
    - save sorting by name only is awful

One more detail on saving -- in Civ IV, you used to be able to tab or cursor to change your selection, now the keyboard doesn't do anything, sort of annoying.

So, other than this stuff and the crashing, it's good to go.

10. MarkJohnson

MarkJohnson King

iron/horses/ and other usable resources need need not be fixed amounts.

In my current game I am on a small island with three other AIs and 6 CS (none are cultural) Everyone has iron, except my iron has only 2 uses, while everyone else get 6. This is just killing me badly early game. it's bad enough I was stifled the first 100 or so turns of the game by being backed up against the ocean with 3 barb encampments surround me. But to finally get iron and only 2 iron units max is just killing me. I can't fight swordsmen with warriors.

Free? I don't know about you, but they charged me $49.99. That's what I get for pre-order. I figured this is Civ and they'd treat me right. Boy, was i wrong. and calling this beta is being kind, this feels more like alpha with all this little stuff. usually it's big things and balance issue. not they forgot to add a heal button on my air unit?

I figured they would have had an open beta a month or so before release to fix minor stuff and get a head start on balance issue, but early August I knew we were getting the shaft.

11. funny.man

funny.man Chieftain

I would add to this that AI seems to produce not enough military at initial phase of the game (ancient to medieval) thus is very easy to roll over all AIs on continent in ancient age even on emperor level.
    Also horseman and in general cavalry is way to strong in comparison to other units and Greek Companion Cavalry is complete overkill.
    There is also a bug that lets to choose blitz promotion for a chariot archer which makes him chariot minigun :)

12. Thormodr

Thormodr Servant of Civ Supporter

I built two cities in my current game. One is on snow and the other is on tundra. Both of the cities are invisible. If someone can remind me how to take screenshots (It has been a while and I have forgotten how) then I can show the problem graphically. (or the lack of graphics that is.) A minor bug I admit but it should be fixed.

I also ran into the bug where it tells you every turn that your peace treaty has expired.

Furthermore, I have been berated by China for my dealings with Brussels. The problem is that Brussels was conquered by Egypt hundreds of years ago. How does that make any sense?

My tank which had embarked and was headed for this sweet island was sunk by an barbarian trireme. That was quite annoying since I had a destroyer only 3 hexes away. Then an AI settler (embarked) started steaming towards me to settle on a sweet island that I wanted. So I declared war on Egypt. My destroyer attacked the settler and only did 5 damage. The settler then landed. So my question is, how can a barbarian trireme one shot kill my embarked tank and yet my destroyer at full health can't even destroy an AI settler? I guess this is another AI cheat.

I apologize if these issues have been mentioned before or if they are posted in the wrong place..

13. Singularity

Singularity Infinite Density

Bug:

The Glory of Rome - knocks 25% off building cost if it's allready built in the capitol.

I know for sure that after having built a bank in my capitol that it didn't get reduced in cost. Haven't tested it or checked for other buildings - but since the code seems broken; the question begs itself if the list is more comprehensive than just banks?

Edit: Sorry, the above is wrong, the production is boosted instead of removing hammers from the cost.

Other stuff concerning balance/structure:

- Upkeep on some buldings are too massive compared to the actual bonuses they apply. It promotes a minimalistic strategy where your overriding concern is improving land as opposed to improve your city with new era buildings.

- Economy is veeeery slow. Fattening up the treasury is extremely difficult if you want to swap from a growth/production oriented economy. Civ4 style wealth was maybe a bit too powerful, but Civ5 wealth is just so weak that I don't understand why they even bothered to include it.

14. Lord Parkin

Lord Parkin aka emperor

Indeed, Horsemen are overpowered (or at least Spearmen are underpowered/not built enough by AI). And the Greek Companion Cavalry is indeed insane - partly because its 5 movement points mean it can attack and retreat out of the city's range every turn, mostly because of its strength. I recently blitzed an entire civ with ease on Emperor using just 2 or 3 Companion Cavalry, and went on to an easy win.

15. Lord Parkin

Lord Parkin aka emperor

A few other AI military problems I've noticed:

- When it has options for bombardment, the AI seems to either pick the strongest unit to bombard or pick randomly. This is the opposite to the sensible strategy, which is to bombard the weakest units (1-3 HP) so that they'll die and be unable to heal to full health and attack again a few turns later.

- The AI doesn't understand how to take cities. Recently I was in a game where I was overambitious and expanded rapidly with no defences, and I was attacked by Montezuma who started bombarding down the defences in an undefended city of mine which was bordering his capital. I couldn't get units to the front in time, and the city was down to red health, so I figured it was lost. But nope... Monty got the city down to red health, then I finally killed just one of his 3-4 units surrounding the city via weak city bombardment, and he suddenly abandoned his plan and started wandering around aimlessly with the invasion force. He could - and should - have easily taken and/or razed the city that turn with his 2-3 remaining units, but his "attack" code seemed to break as soon as I killed one of his invading units. I easily mopped up the units wandering around aimlessly in the next few turns, and went on to take his capital soon after that.

I'm not asking for an AI that will crush the soul out of human opponents in every game on the higher levels, but it should at least realise when it has the opportunity to take/raze a city and do it. As it stands even on the very high levels I can REX with little to no military and the AI doesn't take advantage of the weaknesses. ;)

16. MarkJohnson

MarkJohnson King

I just tried to purchase a Knight that was halfway built and it still charges full price. We need a price check on isle five!

Stupid friendly AIs block my land so I can't build on it. Allow friendlies and my workers to coexist peacefully.

I too got the, "peace treaty has ended" for several turns. I finally found a way to end it. DoW!

Need some better healing. I get attacked after wiping out a civ and all my units sit around for several turns to heal, while my cities fall one after another and remaining cities in complete ruin for losing resources. I never lost a game I was winning so fast before.

These cities do not defend very well on their own. I fortified a spearman and only gave a couple point bonus to city defense. equivalent to a mediocre single unit that falls with two unit attack. maybe add units full power/defense to cities.

no neutral zone of control for my wounded units to heal after city is taken from me. My whole army dies in one turn. Give at least 1 turn after capture to allow units to retreat to safety or retake city instead of being instantly pinned.

17. orthus

orthus Chieftain

hmm. this game seems to be far away from a productive release!!!
    needed:
    interface cleanup : mouseover infos and so on!
    the research tree is absolute useless: you got to research everything to go on, so you could even skip whole reserach!
    the other thing that no more micromanagement is left makes me feel :mad:

let us see wether or when this game will be playable :rolleyes::rolleyes:

18. kuukkeli

kuukkeli King

One thing I didn't notice on the OP.

When AI comes to you to suggest a deal or asking you to join a war I'd like to have an opportunity to go and check the map and info screens before making my decision. It doesn't make sense that all the information isn't available at the very moment you need it the most.

19. Lord Alderaan

Lord Alderaan Chieftain

I had two City States asking for The Colossus :)

20. Bonci

Bonci King

it would be nice to have a way to add comments in the mod hub *_*