1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[CIV 5 Issues] - The complete list

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Bug Reports' started by poncratias, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Justicex

Justicex Prince

I don't know if this has been reported yet, but I noticed that there is no wait time after buying something. In the same turn, i was able to buy an armoury and a Horseman unit and it did get both exp upgrades from the Armoury and the Kepast (unique Russian building).

So not only can you buy as much as you want in one turn, there isn't even that "wait until next turn" penalty to use it.

2. Kingpin

Kingpin Captain-General

I'm quite shocked at the size of this list. I think I'm going to hold off buying Civ 5 until the situation improves.

3. guspasho

guspasho Prince

This one would be nice because then when playing ICS there would be no drawbacks to it whatsoever. :eek:

4. eoc

eoc Prince

How about remake a new Civ 5 ?

5. h0ncho

h0ncho Chieftain

I cannot see "no science overflow" on the list. Frankly, it is the single most inexcusable flaw in the entire game, since i is really easy to fix and should never have gotten past the alpha stage.

Unless it was intended, in which case I will start saying nasty things about firaxis in general and Jon Schafer in particular.

6. hellboy79

hellboy79 Chieftain

allowed number of trade routes cap, depending on key technologies

7. jorissimo

jorissimo Warlord

Swapped cheese and windmills for cod and wine
    You have forgotten about the broken city-state feature. Buying them with gold is just fake, it makes the diplomatic victory an economic victory. You shouldn't be able to reach a higher level than friendly with gold, and fulfilling quests should provide much more influence.

8. TheStatsMan

TheStatsMan Chieftain

My first impression after playing civ5: "No revolutions?"

It has nothing to do with being a whiner and everything to do with the fact that it has been a staple of the franchise. It didn't feel like civ because my government was never in anarchy :/

9. jacyp

jacyp Winter Lover

I agree with you about the need of revolutions, but to say that the civics system was that on Civ IV is ridiculous. One thing that Fireaxis should really officialy implement is the revolutions Mod made for Civ IV available here in these forums.

That was a delightful and clever idea about revolutions system.

10. PieceOfMind

PieceOfMind Drill IV Defender Retired Moderator

Your civ goes into anarchy if you switch between incompatible policy trees.

11. Krieger66

Krieger66 Lord of all things necro

Unit maintenance, or just maintenance in general. I have a total of 8 units(smallest millitary on the map) yet I have a crippling maintenance cost of 34 gold:cry:

thats pretty much half my total gold per turn alone...I've built markets and banks in every city that makes more than 1 gold per turn, and I was making 20 gold per turn untill it suddenly dropped to -9 after I finished my colliseum(I have 3 bonus :) )

WHAT THE HELL???????:mad:

12. PieceOfMind

You might find some relevant tips in this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=390901

For example, note that the gold earned from trade routes of a city with the capital is 1.25 * (size of city), so growing cities larger is one way to help increase funds to support those buildings.
    Also, minimise the number of high maintenance buildings you build. Build more trading posts, perhaps.

13. Krieger66

sadly, I have more trading posts than anything else maybe Ill try that ai milking thing:crazyeye:
    I should ixnay on some of the trading posts and build farms then??

there is something seriously wrong here, my ally who was making about 30 gold per turn, 6 turns later is now LOSING 45 a turn conveniantly coinciding with my economic problem. we have a defensive pact and Ive seen arabia massing a few troops on my borders

could a pact of secrecy be doing this?

14. PieceOfMind

I don't want to get into a discussion about it in this thread. Posting to the linked thread would be a good idea, I think.

15. Krieger66

just reposted:goodjob:

16. Trivia

Trivia Chieftain

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I find the game cutting off quote readings after the button prompt is pressed to be jarring.

Civ IV did it well, I could always listen to Nimoy's dulcet tones after the window was closed. I could then quietly ponder the quote while operating on my merry way.

17. Öjevind Lång

Öjevind Lång Deity

Many good ideas here, but I don't think one should be able to raze city states. It would make them mostly pointless. Problems with a city state? Just raze it. No, that's a bad suggestion. On the other hand, I think cities belonging to "real" civs should be subject to slow assimilation - say something like 2,000 years for a capital like Berlin or Washington. As it is now captured cities from real civs are a sort of pseudo-city states, with all the bad sides but none of the good ones.

I do NOT want to see a return of revolutions when changing civics. They were just a silly distraction, IMO.

18. BLubmuz

BLubmuz HoF Quattromaster

Great job opening this thread.

I agree basically with everything is listed on the first post, but the Angkor Wat point: in game you can see it reduces the *culture cost* of acquiring new tiles, not the gold cost to buy them. But you can't see nothing mentioning it mousing over the culture/border grow.

I would also add some point:
    - the terrain must be differentiated and the improved resources too. Mainly the mines must give +2H instead of +1.

- the granary does not store food after growth, just add +2. A very poor reward, see how much it costs.

- i think i discover nothing if i say that many buildings cost almost like wonders (and wonders aren't cheap). The Courthouse is simply indecent.

- the penalty for having many cities must be decreased. You can see half-populated continents until the modern era.

Just this for now.

19. Öjevind Lång

Öjevind Lång Deity

George Monck, of Civil War fame, was not only an excellent general but also a brilliant admiral. (The English Civil War.)

20. Krieger66

nevrmind declared war on arabia, took 4 cities, and now Im making 80+ gold a turn:goodjob: