1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[CIV 5 Issues] - The complete list

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Bug Reports' started by poncratias, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Kiwi_Mark_LFC

Kiwi_Mark_LFC Chieftain

Only 1 unit per tile is allowed...Civ is a grand strategic game and this ruins it...if I wanted to play some pathetic excuse for a tactical game I'd play Panzer General (as opposed to Steel Panthers which was and is still the best tactical combat game going)...only the incredibly stupid had trouble with the so called "stacks of doom" - which were only an issue for the idiotic AI that put all their units in a stack and thus allowed me to slaughter there entire army quickly! This is quite possibly the worst solution to a non problem ever. For one thing there is not enough land mass to allow this. For another units that need protection cant be protected. Whatever simpleton came up with this idea should be fired immediately. They clearly know absolutely ZERO about game design, the difference between Strategic and Tactical and just what type of game Civilisation is.

Workers cant be stacked - why is this? if I want 50 workers working 1 tile then I should be allowed to do this.

Workers cant be forced to only automatically maintain the landmass they are on - which means the idiots head off unprotected overseas...

Workers and other non navel units can't be protected at sea.

Americans can't spell and insist on using z in "...ized" instead of the correct English usage of "...ised"...ignore what the toadying Oxford English Dictionary says...it has and always will be "...ised" - its only stupid Americans who find it too complicated to add a "u" to "colour" that struggle with this...

Hex Tiles - hideous! The weak excuse that they lead to better looking maps clearly shows that those making that argument are lazy and moronic. The ability to construct a decent map has absolutely nothing to do with the tile shape and everything to do with how much effort the artists and programmers are willing to put in - so I am assuming the current lot are the typical lazy arrogant stupid Gen Y failures who think they know everything but in fact know less than the average American does about Football (thats Soccer to you uncivilised barbarians). Why would I want less degrees of movement (6 compared with 8). Just because the moron who liked Panzer General liked its Hex tiles does not mean we should have to suffer from this delusion...its a 1980's techinical solution to an issue thats no longer relevent...

Economic Overview doesnt move to city when selected. Doesnt allow prodcution queue to be modified from here.

Military Overview doesnt move to unit when selected.

Cannot sell/destroy/remove buildings already built in a city. This should never have been removed in the previous version. It should have been re added to this version. Some people should learn about what people want in a game before going around and arbitarily removing functionality just because they dont want it (I looking at you Soren).

Cannot Raze Capitals, City States when captured. Again - what arrogant prick decided that they could dictate what I do and do not do!

Cannot turn off animations. The games already so slow because of the extremely poor programming why cant we turn off some of the extraneous fluff thats only there to keep the simpletons happy.

What happened to airfields?

Why cant I rebase a plane to any city? (why is their a range limit? Last time I looked aircraft could fly around the world - especially military aircraft when not on a combat mission).

Why cant I airlift a unit from one city to another?

Why was every good feature from Civ 4 removed? And replaced with a dumbed down for the Gen Y simpleton feature. Civ V is boring! It requires very little thought, sod all effort and is a close to being a Grand Strategic game as Panzer General is to being a decent tactical game (only the incredibly stupid and ill informed think Panzer General is anywhere near to being the best).

Worse - why were the concepts of a limited tactical game attempted to be shoe horned into a grand strategic game? What idiot came up with this idea? What complete moron signed off on it?

Build times are stupidly and completely illogically long.

The way unit maintenance has been implemented makes no sense - and how do you determine how much each unit requires...its impossbile to make informed decisions.

Science buildings become irrelevent after the last tech. Surely they should have a double purpose. Especially as some idiot removed the ability to sell buildings.

Plus about a billion other things they have got wrong!

2. eldar

eldar ChiefTank

If it wasn't so late, I'd have a go at picking a few of those points apart.

Instead I'll just wish the poster many happy days playing Civ IV and Panzer Generals.

And at the very least point out that Soren Johnson wasn't involved in this game, indeed he no longer works for Firaxis and hasn't done for 3 1/2 years.

3. Drakarska

Drakarska Epic Dadness

Shouldn't this be in the rants thread? lol, and what's with the America bashing?

4. Gangor

Gangor King

The biggest problem for me is the almost complete lack of documentation for modders provided by Firaxis. We know there are many c++ functions we have access to, but no idea what half of them do or what arguments/return types they need. It would also help if a summary was provided for Lua functions, or at least the comments be improved!

5. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

Have you checked the wiki? It's still very incomplete, but growing.

6. Kiwi_Mark_LFC

Kiwi_Mark_LFC Chieftain

Just One More Turn button not enabled!

What brain dead moron decided on this...the very essence of Civilisation disabled because you didnt choose the right option when starting the game!

WORST CIV EVER! (IN FACT ONE OF THE WORST GAMES OF ALL TIME)

THERE IS NOT A SINGLE THING THE SIMPLETONS WHO BUILT THIS HAVE GOT RIGHT!

ALL THOSE INVOLVED IN THE CREATION OF THIS GAME SHOULD IMMEDIATELY BE FIRED FOR COMPLETELY AND UTTER FAILING TO UNDERSTAND THE GAME OF CIVILISATION!

7. Romn

Romn Chieftain

My two cents: why there is no more hot seat multi-player game?

Is it will be available in the futur or not? Is it for financial reason?

8. Harvestmoon

Harvestmoon Chieftain

Dude, every post you've made has made you look like a toxic wound.

9. Harvestmoon

Harvestmoon Chieftain

List of Improvements for Civ V.

Hey, no one is trying to say Civ V is perfect, but it's a big step in the right direction.
    I know a lot of real hardcore Civ IV guys have a laundry list of reasons why IV is better, but tautologically they would - they're big Civ IV fans. Anyway, I know there's a crapton of posts in this thread, but I just started my account here and want to brainstorm a bit.

Gameplay:
    We should be able to trade maps. This has always been a shining feature of interacting with other Civs and the dearth of that option is sorely felt. Maps should have a "value" on par with other science techs, factored by the % of the map already known.

Lumber should be a resource
    , and lumbermills should be the means of connecting that resource to our trade networks. Historically, people with limited or no access to wood were hard-pressed to get anything done. Look at Easter Island.

We need to be able to say more things to the AIs. "Troops are too close", "stop fighting that city state", "stop building that wonder", etc. As it is, I feel like I'm always supplicating to the enemy. We have a sit down, I cna say two or three things, and he dictates the terms.

Furthermore, on that note, I find I get "stonewalled" a lot on things. I try to offer trade to a guy who's a bit on the aggressive side, and nothing is good enough for him. I try to negotiate peace with a guy from whom I've just sacked a city or two, he's staunchly refuses to even negotiate. I can understand if his terms are just really high, but to flat-out refuse to talk is a bit much.

We should also be able to terminate contracts whenever we feel the urge. I want to break Open Borders if the Romans are getting what looks like a Pikeman Bonnarroo up around my cities. I want to break a deal with them if I think they're turning my trade against me (giving up iron for spices, for instance, only to see swordsmen on the horizon). You should even be able to break peace traties, but you lose rep across the board if you do.

Palaces. Am I nuts, or can we not build these things in other cities until our capital is sacked? What gives? If I expand out and find a beautiful mountain valley bordered by icy seas, I want to put my palace THERE... I can't. I feel like that degree of control has been stripped away unnecessarily. We should be able to build a palace in any city we want, whenever we want.

Why aren't Musketmen and Riflemen Ranged units? I can understand Infantry - they're got more going on than just their M1 - but Musketmen and Riflemen are functionally based on their ability to attack at range, and yet these units are "melee". I men, if an archer can hit a guy two hexs away... c'mon. Let the Cavalry protect the Riflemen and Cannons. That's what they're there for.

Aesthetics:
    The Great Wall should be built around ALL of your empire congruent with the building city.
    Not all Natural Wonders should be impassable terrain. We can't float a trireme over the Barrier Reef? C'mon.

10. Honorable_Pawn

Honorable_Pawn Warlord

This poster is obviously a non-moron even though I am an unciviliZed heathen that thinks Soccer is a sissy sport!!!

EDIT: BTW, English no longer belongs to England. USA has appropriated the language. We now make all decisions regarding proper usage of the language. Our Vassals and puppet states must understand that their is existence is to serve the Empire!!! :)

11. Bushface

Bushface Deity

For the attention of Kiwi_Mark_LFC.
    It is not only Americans who can't spell, and that is just your opinion. It has long been accepted that there are two versions of the English language, those being British or U.K. and American or U.S. They differ in usage and spelling.
    In your post there are four errors of orthography, regardless of which version of English you prefer. You put "there entire army" which should have said "THEIR entire army", "navel units" instead of "NAVAL units", "its only" instead of "IT'S only", and "why cant I" instead of "why CAN'T I". On this evidence, I feel that you are poorly qualified to criticise a whole nation as bad spellers, and I also do not see why you should sneer at anybody who is not a devotee of Association Football.
    Apart from that, your comments on this disastrously bad game agree with my own feelings on almost every point: I could, however, live with hexagonal tiles.

12. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

And even more so, some Units should be dependent on it as yet another strategic resource. Trireme, Caravel & Trebuchet, for example.

13. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

I like this idea. Also there should be a Stone resource, which increases the production rate of buildings in local city, like Marble does with wonders.

14. orthus

orthus Chieftain

hey you`re my man :king:
    i think we both are wainting for a civ IV mod!!

..which would lead to another unbalanced factor!

15. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

Well, it can be a small bonus, like 10%. Also Stone wouldn't be a luxury resource, only a "bonus" one (increasing the production of the tile).

16. rem159

rem159 Chieftain

After i started a new game after the patch i am still seeing absolutly no AI boats.I am playing on a large earth 10 civ,10 cs map with marathon speed, emperor lvl and where the only boats i am seeing sofar are mine or barb.No triremes exploring the coastline,destroying barbarians or just sailing to protect the units that are embarked. Workboats for fishing are very very rare.
    THE thing that i find strange is the fact that when i was looking at 2 AI at war the cities allowed 2 units with almost none hp to remain alive, the units just stood in the field doing absolutly nothing.only after they had to move to make room for the next unit that came ashore, the 2 mongolian cities destroyed the french units. Why didnt they do that 5 turns ago.Somehow the 2 mongolian cities didnt c them as the enemy, that changed after they moved a little bit.But all the time they were within range, within the borders of the enemy and should have been killed.
    Eventho i stopped playing civ right after the release because it obviously wasnt an finished game(for me 1 off the reason that i stopped until the latest patch was the fact that in a time where all the AI had access to technology that should have enabled them to cross oceans, none of the AI even bothered to search for the last few players which is stupid.I am glad to c in the patch notes that they fixed that).
    I have to say that now civ5 is starting to be fun at last,i really hope they will implement HOT SEAT REALLY soon we mis that a lot and it doesnt make sence why they left it out in the original game in the first place.
    My last remark for now give us proper victory movies,wonder movies it was always fun in HOT SEAT mode to turn the music up during the movies and just looking very sneaky at my friends knowing i beat them to it.

17. Knobby22

Knobby22 Chieftain

I think there are a lot of good things about Civ5 but there are a few things that need work on as previous people have stated.

The music should change with the eras - just fun.
    The AIs are pretty hopeless but I see the new patch will help.
    The early eras are more fun for some reason. They feel more realistic.

Anyway, even though I have owned Civ II. III, IV, this is the first time I have joined Civ fanatics. I'll be hanging around.

18. Teepanen

Teepanen Chieftain

Post patch issue: AI canceling trades just done after hitting end turn. I was redoing the same trade with Babylon my sugar for his 9 gpt for 5 turns in a row until I got tired. Never seen this issue before the patch. Anybody else see unscheduled trade expiry?

19. beestar

beestar subdeity

Yes, there's a thread on it in the Bug Reports subforum - link

20. FlyingDutchman7

FlyingDutchman7 Chieftain

AGREEEE!

Yes, I've had this a few times. Though, it was only when I combined gold with gpt for some recource.

I haven't read all the pages, but I did read the last one and the first post, so I haven't seen anyone having this issue. I might as well copy it from another post of mine ;):
    I really think there should come a patch which ruduces the speed of which this message pops up: 'They convet land that you currently own'.
    When someone (even your friends) build cities near you, they get all mad that YOU made a mistake and you own land that they convet, while YOUR land is exactly between his main empire and his little new city. I had this with my latest game: I became really good friends with Germany in the beginning from the game (the last game they were able to destroy me), but now in turn 270 they've denounced us. Before they denounced us the only bad thing they had to say about me was that I refused 1 offer (which I'll never do again, I'll just offer him what I want, and when he accepts that message doesn't pop up), but after they denounced us, there also was a message that they covet land I own.
    I also think that if a whole empire (Germany in my case) is between you and another empire (Rome), they shouldn't covet land you own!
    Another issue with me is the 'sphere of influence'. How big is that? Singapore was in Germany's sphere of influence (after their denunciation), but Singapore is on the other side of my empire (which is long, not so wide because of a mountain range)

I just want to say: next patch: change the diplo system ITSELF, not the appearance.