[CIV 5 Issues] - The complete list

If it has not been mentioned before... broken promotions!
I have only noticed so far with the mongolian UU, which is ranged type. The promotions you may get from a previous unit (i.e. horseman) are completely wasted.

This seems like the kind of thing really hard to miss with any amount of testing

I had made this comment on the "New" patch page but, has anyone addressed the "screen freezing" that takes place on huge maps when the game reaches advanced turns? It not only locked up my computer several times but, I had to replace a video card.

There seems to be some kind of problem with reloading and diplomacy. In one game, I had just wiped out Budapest, and all of the sudden all civs ended the cooperation pacts and started insulting me. No problem here.
Some turns later, my game crashes (it's only a laptop, so nothing really surprising). When I reload the game (automatic save some turns after wiping out Budapest), only one civ was still mad at me, while all of them were before the crash. And i didn't have random seed on...

-No Hotseat! Hotseat was great, why take it away? If you think it takes too long then don't play it, but there are tons of people who do.

Yeah I used to play on hotseat with my younger cousin. I hope they'll add it by a patch.

I've only just recently got round to playing Civ 5, and just finished my first game an hour ago only to be horrified at the lack of a victory screen. I mean, there's a little box that pops up with some tabs, but compared to Civ 4 with the graphs and 3-4 pages worth of end-game info it makes me a bit upset with the lack of it in Civ 5.

I seen that graphs are mentioned on the thread's list, but I didn't see a sentence dedicated to lack of post-game information and diagrams, so would be grateful if it could be added in the small hope that Firaxis see it.

in civ 4 we had villages that would grow with the towns and produce more money based on taxes now we have markets, that get spammed be honest I think markets are ugly and would like to see converation from markets to villages agin that also require food to mataince ? and that produce taxes for extra income based on there size like in civ4 in civ 4 villages also helped with urban issues of lrage towns it made space for people in city to live in.

so it help with unhappines of large citys.

I dont really like how this was taken out of the game and just replaced with market places.

Puppet AI shouldn't build an utopia project. Also it should reevaluate his choice every turn if it builds nothing. I have seen a lot of puppets that doesn't build anything despite having little buildings because somewhen in the past they had nothing to build (did not have required population for puppet AI).

Add three new concepts for military action:

- Combined Arms Army
- Naval Fleet
- Air Armada

Problem:
At present the 1 UPT severly restricts - arguably kills stone dead - one of the oldest military principles of all time - concentrate forces at the critical moment/key terrain.

Justification:
- In Civ IV the Stack of Doom was way in the other direction, and rightly efforts went into getting rid of it, I suspect more by co-incidence of the intro of 1 UPT, but its removal has been by well received by a large portion of Civ players. We now have the opposite, concentration is artificially constrained.

- The three concepts above allow an element of concentration of forces, instead of some polite "ok you go next" beggar man's turn of attacking. Within each of the broad concepts there is enough latitude to allow devs to control outlandish silly concentrations by limiting the make up and useage of them, players get to use what they have if they get them concentrated in time, and it emulates a standard military principle and method of force concentration.

There is no knock back to production, as its designed to use what you have, so will not detract from the Civ V apparent intent of simplifying a number of processes. Movement problems of multiple units goes away, movement across water becomes more acceptable - beneficial effects are long and many.

Regards
Zy

When a city states asks you to kill barbarians attacking them, you get the bonus for doing the quest, but you still lose points for trespassing. It's just wrong

this game is so far from civ4 (that i describe as a perfect mix of minimalism and emergent mechanics) and the firaxis guys are so undervalutating us as audience that i now HATE firaxis and can't understand why you all are so soft about this

nevermind, this is just a game...

i'll came back to more serious things like RFC thank you firaxis!

Just finished trying out Montezum and I'm curious... His special ability - that you get culture every time you beat an enemy unit - does it not scale with speed settings of the game? I was just playing on marathon and I was getting either 3 or 4 culture per kill at the start - it seemed freakishly low. If that's a set rate, the ability is basically useless.

I'm assuming one of two... One, it gives a % value of the cost of your next civic when you kill a unit. Two, it isn't scaling properly with speed settings. If two is the case, it's an issue that needs to be fixed - 3 or 4 culture per kill is utterly negligible.

this game is so far from civ4 (that i describe as a perfect mix of minimalism and emergent mechanics) and the firaxis guys are so undervalutating us as audience that i now HATE firaxis and can't understand why you all are so soft about this

nevermind, this is just a game...

i'll came back to more serious things like RFC thank you firaxis!

If you like Civ4 so much, then play it, there is no reason to make a new game that is very similar to an existing one.

I had a strange encounter with George Washington the other day. He asked why I was massing troops at his border. I didn't even know where he was and most of my army was in or near my territory fighting barbarians. I think the AI might have confused my territory with their territory because GW had a single pikeman unit right next to my capital (open borders agreement).

I had a strange encounter with George Washington the other day. He asked why I was massing troops at his border. I didn't even know where he was and most of my army was in or near my territory fighting barbarians. I think the AI might have confused my territory with their territory because GW had a single pikeman unit right next to my capital (open borders agreement).

I've also noticed that the AI tends to base this on their units encountering your forces, not their borders. I once had another leader send me that same warning when one of their caravels came across a large army of mine crossing the ocean. I otherwise had no units in his vicinity whatsoever.

such an awesome first post, agree with first response too should be a sticky

such an awesome first post, agree with first response too should be a sticky

It was for a while. But there are too many stickies now.

Top Bottom