Civ 5 should have the option to create and control civs.

Suspiria

Warlord
When you conqer a rivals city why should it automatically be absorbed into your territory? I would like to see more options to create new nations and have a certain level of control over them depending on your civics and discovered technologies. And I didnt like the way warlords implimented vassal states, too weak imo.

When you conquer a city you should have the option to -

"Absorb City into Empire" - meaning the city and its territory will be absorbed into your own just like how it goes now.

"Raze City but absorb terriroty into Empire" - depending on the time period will have a different effect on your reputation. Like you could raze a city in ancient times and no one would greatly care...but you do it in modern times and there will be an international outrage. Also...maybe it shouldnt be so easy to destroy a huge city in modern times with a huge population. Should take 5-10 turns (i know some mods do this). This also destroys the city but leaves the territory in your empire.

But the one option I want to see happen -

"Create New Nation" - this will create a new government for the city you have conquered. Upon conquering more cities (of the same civ) you can choose to add them to this new nation. There should be a variety of ways which i have added as "levels" you can go about controlling this new nation.

Levels of control -

HIGH - basically makes you have absolute control over it like with your current civ. You can choose what to build, move the units, etc. Lasts forever until you relinquish it to a lower level of control.

MEDIUM - You dont control it but basically you can tell it what to do and this new nation will back you up in every war/diplomatic issue. Lasts for 300 turns then drops down to LOW or goes to LOW/NONE if your reputation decreases.

LOW - You have a certain level of influence over the nation in terms of it backing you up in disputes, but it wont automaticaly come to your aid if it doesnt want to. Lasts for 200 turns then drops down to LOW or goes to NONE if your reputation decreases.

NONE - this option will create a new friendly independent nation but you will have no level of control over it.

I also imagine having a thing like your nations units present in your puppet states and with each level of control having to supply them with a certain amount of resources.

What do you think?

Top Bottom