Civ 6 working on low end pc (see my specs!!!) and gameplay

I think you can run it

My machine is a similar Lenovo (i7 3517; intel hd 4000; 8GB ram; ssd). Currently turn 131, graphics as low as possible. Small map, standard speed. Turn time is a bit slow but otherwise the game is running. It's not significantly slower than CiV.

So I took a leap of faith and try it anyway.
It does works, but I need to be in a cold room with external fan switched on. Even with that, the internal fan still spinning non-stop really loudly :(
I'm now on turn 100s, Tiny map, quick and also all low settings - I tried to switch on the animated leader but looks like mine can't handle it.

Benchmarking crash my game.

Can anyone say if Civ6 will run under Windows XP (I know, it is totally out of date, but I was unable to replace my oldtimer until now). If no, than I have to wait a few months until I can buy a new PC. :(

Also I have read somewhere, that even the hardcopy version (DVD) will do some downloads from steam (no expierence with steam yet). If it does, how large is the requiered download?

I have a veeeryyy slow internet connection here and no way to change that.

Thanks

I play on very old PC Lenovo ThinkCentre M58 with Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550, 12 GB DDR3, Radeon R9 270 2GB, SSD as OS HDD, Win 10 x64 almost without problem expect slow AI which I fix with fast movement and leader screen texture freckles
CivilizationVI_161023_1554419.JPG

Can anyone say if Civ6 will run under Windows XP (I know, it is totally out of date, but I was unable to replace my oldtimer until now). If no, than I have to wait a few months until I can buy a new PC. :(

Also I have read somewhere, that even the hardcopy version (DVD) will do some downloads from steam (no expierence with steam yet). If it does, how large is the requiered download?

I have a veeeryyy slow internet connection here and no way to change that.

Thanks
I don't think below windows 7 could run it. The size of my civ 6 version is about 5.5 GB

I play on very old PC Lenovo ThinkCentre M58 with Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550, 12 GB DDR3, Radeon R9 270 2GB, SSD as OS HDD, Win 10 x64 almost without problem expect slow AI which I fix with fast movement and leader screen texture freckles
View attachment 456301
Are there still animations (Civ leaders) on your game? I just disable the animations of the civ on my laptop. (That image of leaders is kinda weird)
Btw, do you know any software that could record my gameplay for FREE? I'm using the windows gamebar and it's always in HD so the size of the file is always big and I don't want that (I can't change the settings on the real gamebar application since it asks for internet connection- I'm only using the internet on my dorm and it has a proxy that's why all apps can't connect to the internet except the web browsers and spotify)

I think you'll be alright with that specs

Thanks. I'm on turn 60 on a Standard map. It plays fine so far. I've got the graphics on medium and leader animations on high. I can't notice anything strange, except it's not letting me pan around the map using the cursor. I have to click on the mini-map. I'm pleased thus far.

Thanks. I'm on turn 60 on a Standard map. It plays fine so far. I've got the graphics on medium and leader animations on high. I can't notice anything strange, except it's not letting me pan around the map using the cursor. I have to click on the mini-map. I'm pleased thus far.
That's nice. Good for you :goodjob:. I play on standard map, all low and in strategic view *sigh*.

I don't think below windows 7 could run it. The size of my civ 6 version is about 5.5 GB

OK, then Civ6 will have to wait for a new PC.

I assume you have the download-version of Civ6?

If the DVD-version needs a 5,5 GB download, than I do not need a new PC, as this is technically impossible for me to download (100 - 200 MB are the absolute possible maximum - on a good day of my internet connection :( ).

Your internet connection is way better.

It would take me about 10 - 30 hours to make such a download (depending if my connection has a good or bad day). And no, I have no mobile connection at home either.

So thanks, but that would not work (and thats the reason, why I want the DVD-Version and not the Steam-Version).

Can someone tell me, what size is the needed download of the DVD-Version (if there is a needed download of course ;) ).

There is a thread here in the forum about incompatible graphics cards and you can still get it to run by doing what it says in that thread. You download the dxcpl.exe in the link and do what it says and you can run the game. I did this, but it is rather useless since while it runs it is horribly slow. At least on my machine (Nvidia GE Force GTX 360M for GPU). I'll buy a new laptop ....

Top Bottom