1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ 6 working on low end pc (see my specs!!!) and gameplay

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Technical Support' started by Tridentviper, Oct 20, 2016.

1. CanuckSoldier

CanuckSoldier Emperor

How did you get it to even install? The game refused to install on my laptop because it saw my Nvidia GTS 360M and said no way.....

CS

2. alaric1112

alaric1112 Chieftain

I have a mid range Gaming laptop 3rd gen I5 4gig NVidia card and it runs great on high settings.
    Really happy with it. It runs slightly better than 5.

3. Tridentviper

Tridentviper Chieftain

I've tried the benchmark and the results are as followed:

What does this mean? I know it's bad but I'll be using strategic view so the results may be better in some way, right?

4. Tridentviper

Tridentviper Chieftain

I think you can run it

5. Sesquiterpene

Sesquiterpene Chieftain

My machine is a similar Lenovo (i7 3517; intel hd 4000; 8GB ram; ssd). Currently turn 131, graphics as low as possible. Small map, standard speed. Turn time is a bit slow but otherwise the game is running. It's not significantly slower than CiV.

6. Tridentviper

Tridentviper Chieftain

I'm using the one on skidrow (btw my brother also bought civ vi on steam, unfortunately the internet in my place- he's in a different place- is from school dorm so it has a proxy and does not allow apps to run except for browser and spotify... Anyways, I just said that to let you know that we still supported the game by buying it)...

I didn't encountered any errors when I installed it using the version on skidrow.

7. Tridentviper

Tridentviper Chieftain

is intel (R) hd graphics better or weaker than intel hd 4000?
    I've tried up to 150-160 turns with large map and standard speed but all low settings (it's a bit slow but playable)...
    So maybe you could play on larger maps and higher settings...
    [Edit] maybe intel hd 4000 is better than intel (R) hd graphics but my vram is bigger 64mb compared to 32mb... maybe that's why I can play on larger maps

8. Taronas

Taronas Chieftain

Cool, just played the tutorial on a Surface 3 (LTE), controlled with the pen. Will try a real two-player match next.

9. Bruno Sanches

Bruno Sanches Chieftain

How did you get it to run?? I've installed it but it won't start since my laptop has a Intel HD Graphics card, it just pops up a window saying: "No compatible graphics device found. Please ensure that your system has a correctly configured, compatible graphics device"

Any help or advice?

10. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Moderator Action: Moved to Technical Support

11. Tridentviper

Tridentviper Chieftain

Sorry my first reply got deleted for anti-piracy rules. But I recommend updating the graphics driver (that's all I can think of since I'm not an IT guy)

12. JustinianIV

JustinianIV Warlord

I am ignorant of things related to graphic cards, I have a Core i3-2120, 8 gigs of RAM and an AMD Radeon HD 7700. Will this be a horrible experience? Slow I can handle, but not crippling.

13. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

You can play it on a 1.4 GHz processor. Runs smoother than CiV. No need for quick moves/combat, but all settings will be Low. Still looks splendid.

14. Bruno Sanches

Bruno Sanches Chieftain

I've seen your first reply in my mail, I may give it a try. I've already updated my graphics drives, but still no luck.
    Anyway thanks fro your replay

15. Tridentviper

Tridentviper Chieftain

I think you'll be alright with that specs

16. zxcvbob

zxcvbob Emperor

I have a Lenovo Windows 7 Pro laptop with an i5 processor and 8GB of RAM. (model T420s) It plays Civ5 okay, although it overheats sometimes, especially with large maps. Just wondering if Civ6 will stress it even more, or is it about the same on mediocre (but above minimum specs) systems?

I'm pretty sure my daughter is getting me Civ6 for my birthday in a couple of weeks. Guess I'll find out...

17. Tridentviper

Tridentviper Chieftain

I'll be posting a gameplay later (NOTE: the fps when being recorded is not as good when I'm not recording. My crappy laptop can't handle too many processes). You can take a look at it and just try to imagine what will be the average fps on your laptop (since yours is definitely better than mine)

18. RonColonna

RonColonna Chieftain

So it sounds to me like a pirated copy of the software works when "No compatible graphics device found." BUT the legally purchased copies don't....I am understanding this right? And people wonder why software manufacturers have such bad reps sometimes.

19. Tridentviper

Tridentviper Chieftain

I think so but I still bought the game to support the company

RonColonna likes this.
  20. RonColonna

RonColonna Chieftain

Not making a judgement so no worries on what you (or anyone) did or didn't do. It just annoys me that I buy a game that I have loved since version 1 and (most likely) because of some corporate agreement with Video manufacturers (http://www.amd.com/en-us/press-releases/Pages/radeon-civilization-vi-2016jul13.aspx), I can't play it BUT the cracked version has the ability because it doesn't pay attention to things like that.