Civ 6 working on low end pc (see my specs!!!) and gameplay

Intel (R) HD Graphics
Intel Pentium N3540
DX11
2GB RAM
64mb VRAM (not sure about this)

Note:
1. It's laptop by the way
2. I played it on ALL low settings (all settings that can be unchecked were unchecked, all settings that can be disabled were disabled)
3. No leader animations YET
4. Quick combat and quick movement enabled
5. I'm going to try enabling leader animations, disabling quick combat and movement, and experimenting on graphics settings
6. I'm also going to try to experiment on ini files
7. YEAH!!!! IT WORKS!!!!!!!

Update:
1. I've played for about 150 turns (norway and aztec, large map ), it works but its slow (I'm not sure if it's just normal or sort of slow since I had been playing Civ V with Quickturns mod)
2. I still played on low settings
3. I tried enabling leader animation (disabled to low), it just looks bad (gilgamesh had white hair)
4. quick combat and movement enabled
5. I tried experimenting on the settings but I can't do anything much (I'm not an IT guy)
6. After producing a lot of spearmen and archers (I was in war with scythia), I used the strategic view
7. Anyways, I'll start over as a new civ, but first I'm going to watch some Let's play videos (Taking down scythia was really hard for me)

How did you get it to even install? The game refused to install on my laptop because it saw my Nvidia GTS 360M and said no way.....

CS

I have a mid range Gaming laptop 3rd gen I5 4gig NVidia card and it runs great on high settings.
Really happy with it. It runs slightly better than 5.

I've tried the benchmark and the results are as followed:

What does this mean? I know it's bad but I'll be using strategic view so the results may be better in some way, right?

Has anybody tried with Lenovo Yoga 13 or similar?? I'm not an IT guy so it's very hard for me to read the specs.
It has Intel Core i7 but also comes with Intel (R) HD 4000 and only 32MB VRAM...

according to "can you run it" website, it's impossible - but seeing this thread, it looks promising.
I think you can run it

Has anybody tried with Lenovo Yoga 13 or similar?? I'm not an IT guy so it's very hard for me to read the specs.
It has Intel Core i7 but also comes with Intel (R) HD 4000 and only 32MB VRAM...

according to "can you run it" website, it's impossible - but seeing this thread, it looks promising.

My machine is a similar Lenovo (i7 3517; intel hd 4000; 8GB ram; ssd). Currently turn 131, graphics as low as possible. Small map, standard speed. Turn time is a bit slow but otherwise the game is running. It's not significantly slower than CiV.

How did you get it to even install? The game refused to install on my laptop because it saw my Nvidia GTS 360M and said no way.....

CS
I'm using the one on skidrow (btw my brother also bought civ vi on steam, unfortunately the internet in my place- he's in a different place- is from school dorm so it has a proxy and does not allow apps to run except for browser and spotify... Anyways, I just said that to let you know that we still supported the game by buying it)...

I didn't encountered any errors when I installed it using the version on skidrow.

My machine is a similar Lenovo (i7 3517; intel hd 4000; 8GB ram; ssd). Currently turn 131, graphics as low as possible. Small map, standard speed. Turn time is a bit slow but otherwise the game is running. It's not significantly slower than CiV.
is intel (R) hd graphics better or weaker than intel hd 4000?
I've tried up to 150-160 turns with large map and standard speed but all low settings (it's a bit slow but playable)...
So maybe you could play on larger maps and higher settings...
[Edit] maybe intel hd 4000 is better than intel (R) hd graphics but my vram is bigger 64mb compared to 32mb... maybe that's why I can play on larger maps

Cool, just played the tutorial on a Surface 3 (LTE), controlled with the pen. Will try a real two-player match next.

See below (at updates no.8) for benchmark results:
Intel (R) HD Graphics
Intel Pentium N3540
DX11
2GB RAM
64mb VRAM (not sure about this)

Note:
1. It's laptop by the way
2. I played it on ALL low settings (all settings that can be unchecked were unchecked, all settings that can be disabled were disabled)
3. No leader animations YET
4. Quick combat and quick movement enabled
5. I'm going to try enabling leader animations, disabling quick combat and movement, and experimenting on graphics settings
6. I'm also going to try to experiment on ini files
7. YEAH!!!! IT WORKS!!!!!!!

Update:
1. I've played for about 150 turns (norway and aztec, large map ), it works but its slow (I'm not sure if it's just normal or sort of slow since I had been playing Civ V with Quickturns mod)
2. I still played on low settings
3. I tried enabling leader animation (disabled to low), it just looks bad (gilgamesh had white hair)
4. quick combat and movement enabled
5. I tried experimenting on the settings but I can't do anything much (I'm not an IT guy)
6. After producing a lot of spearmen and archers (I was in war with scythia), I used the strategic view
7. Anyways, I'll start over as a new civ, but first I'm going to watch some Let's play videos (Taking down scythia was really hard for me)
8. After running benchmark, this are my results:

What does this mean (the average framerate and 99th percentile)? I know it's bad but I'll be running it on strategic view so the results will become better, right?
9. I hope there will be a mod like quickturns or r.e.d. mod with only one person per unit

How did you get it to run?? I've installed it but it won't start since my laptop has a Intel HD Graphics card, it just pops up a window saying: "No compatible graphics device found. Please ensure that your system has a correctly configured, compatible graphics device"

Any help or advice?

How did you get it to run?? I've installed it but it won't start since my laptop has a Intel HD Graphics card, it just pops up a window saying: "No compatible graphics device found. Please ensure that your system has a correctly configured, compatible graphics device"

Any help or advice?
Sorry my first reply got deleted for anti-piracy rules. But I recommend updating the graphics driver (that's all I can think of since I'm not an IT guy)

I am ignorant of things related to graphic cards, I have a Core i3-2120, 8 gigs of RAM and an AMD Radeon HD 7700. Will this be a horrible experience? Slow I can handle, but not crippling.

You can play it on a 1.4 GHz processor. Runs smoother than CiV. No need for quick moves/combat, but all settings will be Low. Still looks splendid.

Sorry my first reply got deleted for anti-piracy rules. But I recommend updating the graphics driver (that's all I can think of since I'm not an IT guy)
I've seen your first reply in my mail, I may give it a try. I've already updated my graphics drives, but still no luck.
Anyway thanks fro your replay

I am ignorant of things related to graphic cards, I have a Core i3-2120, 8 gigs of RAM and an AMD Radeon HD 7700. Will this be a horrible experience? Slow I can handle, but not crippling.
I think you'll be alright with that specs

I have a Lenovo Windows 7 Pro laptop with an i5 processor and 8GB of RAM. (model T420s) It plays Civ5 okay, although it overheats sometimes, especially with large maps. Just wondering if Civ6 will stress it even more, or is it about the same on mediocre (but above minimum specs) systems?

I'm pretty sure my daughter is getting me Civ6 for my birthday in a couple of weeks. Guess I'll find out...

I have a Lenovo Windows 7 Pro laptop with an i5 processor and 8GB of RAM. (model T420s) It plays Civ5 okay, although it overheats sometimes, especially with large maps. Just wondering if Civ6 will stress it even more, or is it about the same on mediocre (but above minimum specs) systems?

I'm pretty sure my daughter is getting me Civ6 for my birthday in a couple of weeks. Guess I'll find out...
I'll be posting a gameplay later (NOTE: the fps when being recorded is not as good when I'm not recording. My crappy laptop can't handle too many processes). You can take a look at it and just try to imagine what will be the average fps on your laptop (since yours is definitely better than mine)

So it sounds to me like a pirated copy of the software works when "No compatible graphics device found." BUT the legally purchased copies don't....I am understanding this right? And people wonder why software manufacturers have such bad reps sometimes.

So it sounds to me like a pirated copy of the software works when "No compatible graphics device found." BUT the legally purchased copies don't....I am understanding this right? And people wonder why software manufacturers have such bad reps sometimes.
I think so but I still bought the game to support the company

I think so but I still bought the game to support the company

Not making a judgement so no worries on what you (or anyone) did or didn't do. It just annoys me that I buy a game that I have loved since version 1 and (most likely) because of some corporate agreement with Video manufacturers (http://www.amd.com/en-us/press-releases/Pages/radeon-civilization-vi-2016jul13.aspx), I can't play it BUT the cracked version has the ability because it doesn't pay attention to things like that.

Top Bottom