1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ Design Challange VIII: Fictionland

Discussion in 'Civilization Design Resources' started by SonOfGreatKoya, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Arison

Arison Eagerly awaiting Ragnarok

This one is from a book I will get round to writing one day, after I write everything else on my list.

EDIT: This is not my submission for this challenge.

2. Troller0001

Troller0001 I've anxiously awaited your arrival!

The Mushroom Kingdom Invention Department (Professor E. Gadd)

Spoiler * :

*E.g. Turn 1: The unit has PROMOTION_SHOCK_1, has 3 XP, 60HP, and is UNIT_ARCHER. Turn 11: The unit now has PROMOTION_SHOCK_2, has 0XP, has 80HP, is UNIT_CROSSBOWMEN, and enters a Time Hole ->
    Result: A UNIT_ARCHER with PROMOTION_SHCOK_1, 3XP and 60HP spawns next to the crossbowmen.

**:c5greatperson: Great People are prevented from entering Time Holes, since they are too valuable for the empire to take the risk of not returning!

A design that focuses around Professor E. Gadd and his appearance in Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time (ds)

3. senshidenshi

senshidenshi Switched the Red and Blue channels

"To hold in my hand a capsule that contains such power, to know that life and death on such a scale was my choice... To know that the tiny pressure of my thumb, enough to break the glass, would end everything... Yes, I would do it! That power would set me up above the gods!"

Skaro under Davros
    UA: EXTERMINATE!
    For the duration of a War, you and your enemy gain a +5% increase in Science (caps at +25%). Units gain a +10% Combat Bonus for 10 turns upon being upgraded, doubled if the Technology was recently discovered.

UU: Dalek
    More powerful yet more expensive than the Mechanised Infantry, which it replaces, the Dalek gains a combat bonus against units from a previous era, and gains a small amount of Science and Golden Age points from defeating them. Additionally, it may be upgraded into a "Special Weapons Dalek" unit, a slower, ranged unit with a large combat bonus against armoured units.

UB: Kaled Dome
    Slightly cheaper than the Research Lab, which it replaces, the Kaled Dome provides additional Combat Strength and Unhappiness. In addition, cities with a Kaled Dome may expend one Population in exchange for either a powerful military unit or an advance in a military Technology.

4. Arison

Actually, I'm going to change my design.

Before anyone says Xenoblade isn't time travel, Precognition is counted among the aspects of time travel fiction.

5. TheSuperDodo

TheSuperDodo Unsettler

If Xenoblade Chronicles counts as Time-Travel fiction, guess what else counts?
    I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE AN OBSESSION.

6. Arison

I'd have said not to do Regna Ferox, but it seems to be a hotspot for the children, so that should work.

7. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

Based off a Stargate episode (or was it one of the movies?). anyway, Stargate isn't really about time travel, but that specific episode fits the challenge's description properly.

Goa'uld (Ra)
    UA: Gods on Earth
    May enter the territory of civilizations following your :c5faith: religion without open borders. Capturing a civilian unit grants you a sum of :c5faith: faith and :c5science: scinece, in addition to converting a fraction of the unit original owner's population to your religion.

UB: Egyptian Temple
    Replaces temple. Grants +1% :c5faith: faith for every city founded by other civilizations that now follows your religion (extra 4% for each :c5capital: capital, max. 50%). if you've conquered at least one city, the Egyptian temple won't cost any maintenance.

UU: Staff Gunner
    Replaces Rifleman. starts with 40 :c5strength: strength, and gains even more :c5strength: the more you research as opposed to becoming obsolete. it will retain its price, and gain 10 XP for each :c5strength: strength upgrade it received.

8. SonOfGreatKoya

SonOfGreatKoya Warlord

I got 2 idea for this challange, Yith (Lovecraft) and Homura (PMMM), and since someone has actually made the latter, then...
    ...this

9. SonOfGreatKoya

SonOfGreatKoya Warlord

EDIT: Jancuk, double post

10. Arison

I'd say keep this for when the sci-fi challenge is dropped(I'll be using my Abydos or Arrakis design for that). Go with earth under Baal, because that's what happens in the movie Continuum. Baal goes back in time and stops the stargate from reaching the US and so he takes over the Goa'ould and then conquers earth/gets beaten by SG-1.

11. inthesomeday

inthesomeday Immortan

Sci fi is way too broad, that'll never come.

12. SonOfGreatKoya

SonOfGreatKoya Warlord

Well, majority of time travel fiction are scifi. And IMO inthesomeday is right, sci-fi's way too broad

13. Arison

My point was that Ra never used time travel but Baal did. It's all good, considering the amount of time travel that occurred in Stargate. For my one technically Egil never used future sight and was actually completely against it. I just feel like having two Ra designs for a space-travel or alternate world challenge would be fun. Especially if it's this one versus any other.

14. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

Forget that, just got something new, based off November 1963...

The 60's (John F. Kennedy)
    UA: Jack is on the Right Track
    Spies in enemy cities produce :c5science: science if that can't still anything, and will be replaced the turn after being killed. Buildings cost 25% less :c5gold: maintenance once you exit the era they belong to, and will grant you :c5science: science if built afterwards.

UU: Veteran
    Unlocked at industrialization, but replaces nothing. An infantry unit becomes a veteran once it reaches level 5 or becomes obsolete. While retaining the same strength, units that become Veterans have a penalty (-15% :c5strength: ) in enemy territory, but give you the choice whether to upgrade them or consume them for :c5culture: culture*. Veterans grant a boost to all of a city's yields when garrisoned in it (other than tourism).

UB: Inn
    Replaces the Hotel. While having weaker effects (converts 33% of the :c5culture: culture to :tourism: tourism), it has a base yield of +2 :tourism: tourism and costs only 2 maintenance. It will grant +1 global :c5happy: happiness if the city has a garrison. If the city has more than 20 :c5citizen: citizens, you may build an additional Inn inside it.

15. Arison

Any last designs or should we vote?

16. Klisz

Klisz King

I'm gonna take the lack of response as a "we should vote".

I'm going with senshi's Skaro

17. Arison

Natan's 60s for me. Not too focused and possibly the least broken.

18. Troller0001

Troller0001 I've anxiously awaited your arrival!

+1 for Senshi for me! :D

19. Arison

Senshi's win?

20. Arison

Ok, it's been more than 25 hours, I'm calling it as Senshi's win.

Whaddyagotforus?