CIV Gold!

Hi all. Things are wrapping up for completion but we still have a few bugs to kick out before release. With tomorrow being Mother's Day over here, I think I'll have to bump the release to Friday.

Sorry for the extra few days, but given it's been months, what's a couple more hours? :)

Hi all. Things are wrapping up for completion but we still have a few bugs to kick out before release. With tomorrow being Mother's Day over here, I think I'll have to bump the release to Friday.

Sorry for the extra few days, but given it's been months, what's a couple more hours? :)

Those of us who appreciate CIV Gold won't mind waiting a bit more. (Mothers can't wait - though mine is pretty patient.);)

Sorry, I must have missed it (I don't check that email that often anymore). I have sent you a proper reply.

I'm at work right now - 8:30 pm - still plugging away. I'm flying solo on this right now and it's simply not done for tomorrow.

What has been added to far? A tonne. I'll have a comprehensive list for release.

Today, alone, I finalized the Arawaks, Dene, Inuit, Navajo and Apache, and edited the Sioux, Iroquois and Tupi based on material from Colonization.

I also made some adjustments to the Hittites.

Also done and ready are the Nazca, Philippines, Malaysia, Latvia, Garamentes, Benin, Huns, Lebanon, Palmyra, Timurids, Kitara, Parthia and Xiong Nu.

Leaders done and ready: A boatload, including Akbar, Ataturk, Badur, Cheops, Constantine, Francis II, Gorbachev, Jackson, Meiji, Mursilis, Reagan, Innocent III, Pius X, Smoke Jaguar, Wu, Xerxes, and a bunch more.

LH Art replaced with better art: Basil, Bolivar, Peron, Ho Chi Mihn, Lenin, Richelieu, Cunhambebe, Cochise, Hector, Geronimo, and many others.

The North American Native civs have been realigned. The Dinniheh have been split into the Navajo and Apache. The Uppajut are plit between the Dene and Inuit. Other changes as well.

Why is 5.0 not done yet? Team members with other commitments, so I have to finish some text XMLs then do a boatload of buttons.

It moves forward - more and more every day. And I'm working overtime at a client site right now to do some of it.

My week's been a little weird, but I should be able to get time to get the Hausa and Cholas into modular mode tomorrow and Saturday if necessary.

Hey, I've incorporated a lot of Gold stuff into NwT and tweaked some of it, using alternative LHs and adding a few more. Want me to send them to you for inspection? They're all stable.

That would be great, thanks!

Who are the leaders for the new civs?

Who are the leaders for the new civs?

For all the new civs or the re-aligned ones? All my work is on my laptop so I'd have to check and get back to you - in addition to the new civs, a lot of leaders have been added.

Let me think...

Philippines - Marcos, Lapu
Benin - Euware
Xiongnu - Modu
Huns - Attila
Malaysia - Mahathir
Kitara - Amin...another one need to check
Inuit - Nakasuk
The Arawak, Cherokee and Iroquois civs add the Colonization leaders
The Garamentes and Nazca civs have "figurehead" leaders (like the Oxus) because the info just isn't available.

That's off the top of my head.

It was Isaza for the Kitara.

You didn't mention who was the leader of Lebanon... was he the guy whose tomb they visited on Anthony Bourdain's famous episode there?

And Civ of the Week's Cholas and Hausas will also be making an appearance, so long as I can get some time in early this week. :D

Hi guys and gals,

A quick update: the last two weeks have been write-offs for modding, but I got back to it on Monday and have done a tonne - an absolutle tonne of work since then.

Everything is in place and uploaded to the CIV Gold repository on Sourceforge. Now I'm just running the mod and filling gaps for buttons, fixing text errors and art tags.

I'm really stoked about this release. It's exactly what I wanted it to be!

I have a bit more time today and some time tomorrow to continue at it. Unfortunately, making buttons is actually a time-heavy, inefficient process, so that's dragging a bit. I also need to track down a few errors with how some art is failing to display, but that happens in every release.

Thanks for your patience. I really think the end product will be worth it. :D

-Wyz

I make buttons all the time and it isn't that time-consuming for me.

Top Bottom