CIV Gold!

I make buttons all the time and it isn't that time-consuming for me.

Well....that's super. :)

The time here comes from loading the mod and screen printing the LH to PSP. Then I clip and re-size, and use a bracket overlay. I save that file, open it in DXTBmp and apply an alpha channel bracket and save as a DDS. Then I have to copy that file to two sources and ensure that the XML pathing is correct.

That's for LHs. For new buildings and units, I do the same thing but first I have to find art I can use for the button. I like to find applicable images for each different UU and UB, and when you're adding dozens of each, it can take a while.

I though you were talking about the buttons for the civs. And I'm talking decals. I may do a rehaul of nearly all the Civ Gold buttons one day.

I'd have decals for all the civs. Some symbols would be changed, among them Israel, Assyria, South Africa, Cuba, Armenia, Italy, the Congo, Mutapa...

FYI, in diplomacy screen, Cleopatra doesn't have a background music.
And there's some error text (kinda undefined XML entry, i guess) when previewing combat odds.

FYI, in diplomacy screen, Cleopatra doesn't have a background music.
And there's some error text (kinda undefined XML entry, i guess) when previewing combat odds.

Not sure about the latter error, but I can quickly address the former this morning.

Thanks.

Hello again Wyz!

I hope you got the emails I sent you, along with the attachments?

Glad to be of service. I hope Civ of the Week can help CivGold in future enterprises. :D

Civ Gold 5.0 is completely done. I'm on day 7 or 8 or bug fixes. These are problems like invalid paths in the XML files, missing buttons, adjustments to unit and building scales, correcting text typos, etc.

It always depends on the work day. Some days I can cheat and do 1-3 hours. Other days, next to nothing. Can't do anything evenings or weekends, because that time is for the wife and kids. :)

I'm having trouble playing the mod. I load up the mod in the normal way but when the game reloads (and it seems to take a long time) it's just the normal game with no add races.

Can anyone please help me.

I'm having trouble playing the mod. I load up the mod in the normal way but when the game reloads (and it seems to take a long time) it's just the normal game with no add races.

Can anyone please help me.

It's normal that it takes a long time, almost 5 minutes on my pc, and it's not that slow... (There's really a lot of data, especially since i'm adding other modular civs to)

But did you load a mod and then chose CivGold (I assume you did), then it has to work. Also be sure that the file is in the correct MODS folder (on my game it's written like that).

I never had this problem though

It's normal that it takes a long time, almost 5 minutes on my pc, and it's not that slow... (There's really a lot of data, especially since i'm adding other modular civs to)

But did you load a mod and then chose CivGold (I assume you did), then it has to work. Also be sure that the file is in the correct MODS folder (on my game it's written like that).

I never had this problem though

Your ment to load a mod then load CivGold?

Your ment to load a mod then load CivGold?

No, you went to 'load mod' in the game and then chose CivGold I assume.

If that doesn't work you can change your config.ini file. It says somewhere 'load mod' or something with a 0 behind. Id you change the 0 to MODS/Civgold, It loads automatically.

That's what i did, but it takes a long time to load...

No, you went to 'load mod' in the game and then chose CivGold I assume.

If that doesn't work you can change your config.ini file. It says somewhere 'load mod' or something with a 0 behind. Id you change the 0 to MODS/Civgold, It loads automatically.

That's what i did, but it takes a long time to load...

I tried that it won't let me get into the config.ini file says I need to find it or something like that

All right guys, we're almost there. The only holdup lies with 2 LH files that I can't get to work. I'll have to relpace them with something comparable that I find or make.

There is one thing I haven't tested and that's UB scale. I will see if I can find a fast way to do this. I'll also need to see if the patch screws anything up.

Cheers.

BTW, the total stands at 110 new civs and 58 new Firaxis leaders for existing Firaxis civs.

I tried that it won't let me get into the config.ini file says I need to find it or something like that

Look for a shortcut file called _Civ4Config in your Beyond the Sword folder.

Also, make sure you don't have a "double folder" - i.e. Mods/CIV Gold/CIV Gold.

Mahathir for Malaysia and Nakasuk for the Inuit. The latter is a bit odd and I can't figure out the problem.

For Mahathir, the author used a combo of two LHs and I think the bones might be off. I actually have one more problem - the Native_Musketman from Coloz. does show up properly, but I'm puzzled at this because all other Colz. models show fine.

Hi all,

I was away on vacation from June 19 to today. I had my laptop and was able to do a bit of Gold work - a good bit, actually - but my Internet connections were never good so I had to wait until today to get my new content added to the Sourceforge repository. I have a few more things to do this week (taking the week off) and we should be good to go by Friday. :)

Thanks for everyone's patience. Sorry it's taking so long but life isn't as "free" as it once was! :D

Top Bottom