Civ Hour I: MP Lobby

Robert FIN

Emperor
Hi guys! So as you see I'm gonna make a new civiing series called Civ Hour. I should post this to MP forums but I thought that its easier to get some players to join in here, strategy and tips.. Civ Hour is organized internet MP game to noobs (about warlord to prince) who will play hour a day against each other in same time. We will make an agreement for time we play. If someone cannot play for some reason we will not play on that day. Also some advanced players can join us and teach us noobs. I am not experiensed internet player but I quess that saving a game will be easy! We will also make agreement of map type, game type, turn timer, possible AIs. So join me and let's have fun!:) And ask questions if you didn't understand something in my post. If this will be popular you can help me in hosting. Welcome!

Well, I could join in after a couple of weeks or so. After getting badly beaten in Wang Kon Immortal Always War, I've decided to take small break from unmodded BTS. I also discovered a really fun mod - Rhyes and Fall: Europe - which I'm gonna play for a while :) Anyway, before I could join multiplayer, I need to troubleshoot some network connection issues. The connection is dropping from time to time and I guess it would get quite annoying for other players :)

Are you gonna host through GameSpy? That's basically the only MP option I know, because I'm quite noobish in MP.

Welcome! Its nice to see people here! Waiting a couple of weeks is good idea! And yes it well be gamespy internet game...it is the only way to play MP that I can play now! I've never tried other options. The're more complicated... So I think that we should play FFA Pangaea match. Waiting for more newbies now!

Actually you can just do a direct IP which everyone enters and join that way also, though a password locked gspy game would work fine too.

You probably don't want skirmisher chokes ruining someone's day instantly so I'll take a pass on this one :).

AWESOME!! TMIT POSTED TO MY THREAD!! But I don't know what he says.. What is IP thing? If you meant that why I don't play normal Internet game, my answer is that there is no games for noobs.. If you just meant "I will join you as teacher" I'll be REALLY happy! If you want that we get also other strong player to game, like its real challenge to you too! Then we will make a rule called "Good players can't war with noobs". Welcome and let's wait for other players! :banana: And you can choose ur civs in advance if you like.

What I meant is that you can use "direct connect" as a method to connect.

I play way too quickly for people though and generally consider the blazing timer too slow :lol:. There's also no way I could make a nightly thing.

Hey TMIT, I think that we have a BIG problem!! I just noticed that you live in U.S. right? And we both don't wanna do "nightly thing"! :aargh:NOO!!!:aargh:

I play way too quickly for people though and generally consider the blazing timer too slow :lol:.

Wow, I am so slow in comparison. I can see how it could be done but I need more practice. Hmm what should I research... Oops not building anything in my three cities... Ooops haven't checked diplo - who was just destroyed by who? The longer my build queue the more I change my mind.

It is fun, just very different.

@shulgi: That hopefully means that you join us. OR WHAT:confused: And noto2: UMM...WUT?:confused:Why do you ask it here? Well I'll tell ya:1.He always demands me to convery his BUDDYHISM!!!2. He is #%& creepy!!3. He is violent as #@#!!4.He spawns in every @#% map! But cuz he is coward he won't spawn in my CF Forum games and I don't have chance to revenge.. However everyone is welcome to join us. Remember that this is game for newbies. I can take a couple of pros in too because we can learn something when they play with us? Should we take AIs in too?

AWESOME!! TMIT POSTED TO MY THREAD!! But I don't know what he says.. What is IP thing? If you meant that why I don't play normal Internet game, my answer is that there is no games for noobs.. If you just meant "I will join you as teacher" I'll be REALLY happy! If you want that we get also other strong player to game, like its real challenge to you too! Then we will make a rule called "Good players can't war with noobs". Welcome and let's wait for other players! :banana: And you can choose ur civs in advance if you like.

TMIT has almost 20,000 posts, he's probably the most likely person to post in a thread.

What I meant is that you can use "direct connect" as a method to connect.

I play way too quickly for people though and generally consider the blazing timer too slow :lol:. There's also no way I could make a nightly thing.

Blazing is far too slow indeed. There needs to be a new turn timer speed: 'No napping' because I can definitely get a few zzz's when playing with TMIT as he micromanages stuff. Obviously I don't play anywhere near as well but still good enough to win Immortal most of the time :p.

Blazing is far too slow indeed. There needs to be a new turn timer speed: 'No napping' because I can definitely get a few zzz's when playing with TMIT as he micromanages stuff. Obviously I don't play anywhere near as well but still good enough to win Immortal most of the time :p.

Oh sure, when I'm at war and you aren't you do indeed end turn faster, excepting those times you "forget to do so" :D.

And what happens when you're at war and I'm not? Well, it's a good thing I can alt-tab for YouTube ^_^.

Oh sure, when I'm at war and you aren't you do indeed end turn faster, excepting those times you "forget to do so" :D.

And what happens when you're at war and I'm not? Well, it's a good thing I can alt-tab for YouTube ^_^.

You think I don't watch Youtube when not catching z's? :lol:

It's not limited to war though. You simply know more about the ins and outs of micro then I do of course you're going to take longer. Either way, most of the time Blazing is much too slow for both of us :p.

Hey!!! Blazing is okay!!! Are you guys joining?? What this means?? I'm confused :confused:

Nah I'm not big on human vs human multiplayer. I'm happy to bash some AIs of any level though. Well... not Deity, Ill die horribly.

Ummm... TMIT? Are you in or out? I mean you said that you don't wanna play at night. I don't want to play at night either... So we have problem. Time zones. Its about 1pm here now and you must be sleeping:lol:

I'm open to the idea. If I have it right, there's a 7 hour time zone difference between Finland and East Coast US. I don't mind morning games on the weekend otherwise 6 pm or later Eastern US is better/necessary.

For learning, I think doing a slow walkthrough game on this forum (say 20 turn increment a day) would be better since it's impossible to give useful advice in multiplayer. Use an average leader and an average start.

Top Bottom