1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ Ideas & Suggestions Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Camikaze, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

May I suggest you release a 'Better Danish City names' mod? I would, but I don't know nearly enough about the region. It would be 3rd in a series of City names mods, after Japan and Polynesia.

2. Keejus

Keejus Prince

I'm actually quite fond of the Danish city list overall, since it tries to implement Denmark, Denmark-Norway and the vikings in one civ and does so fairly well. I'm just completely baffled by the decision to use the Faroe Islands over Tórshavn.

3. SS-18 ICBM

SS-18 ICBM Oscillator

Can we bring back some of the positive diplomacy modifiers, please?

It also would be nice if the Legion's road-building was a persistent promotion. I like the idea of dedicated military engineers.

4. ViterboKnight

ViterboKnight King

I liked the way CIV 4 worked.
    On a resource, you can build any improvement you want (even a farm on a Cow) obtaining the usual bonus (+1 food).
    But if you use the most proper improvement (eg., the pasture on a cow, or the farm on wheat), the bonus you get is higher.

5. SS-18 ICBM

SS-18 ICBM Oscillator

Can we change one of the policies in Autocracy to be somewhat like the Aztec UA? It would strengthen the tree and make it more accessible. It doesn't even have to be the same mechanism, just make the culture gain related to military, like +20% :c5culture: or excess :c5happy: added towards policies when empire at war.

6. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

How much impact is that social policy going to have late in the game though? By that stage, I wouldn't think a militarised civ would be too highly focused on tiny extra amounts of culture.

7. SS-18 ICBM

SS-18 ICBM Oscillator

The culture gain can be further increased as required.

8. Aflred_JFK

Aflred_JFK Chieftain

I have a small suggestion to make Wars a bit more interesting and to put the great General to further use:

You cold fight for specific Tiles of your enemies Territory by placing a great General of yours on one of his Tiles which must be next to a Tile which is controlled by your Empire/next to your culturral borders. The great General now can seize this Tile by performing a "Seizing"-Action, which will require 5 to 10 Rounds to be completed (Similar to the "ransacking" Option). Nedlessly to say, that you'll have to secure your great General during this Period, as your Enemy surely wants to interrupt his "Seizing"-Action or even kill him.

This Way you could keep your War a bit more directed to specific Objectives like coastal Tiles or Ressources you want to own and do not necessarily need to attack a Town, to achive some success.

Hope this will find favour, as I like my Idea ;).

9. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

10. RD-BH

RD-BH Human

Suggestion:
    Bombard range 3
    ... for cities, siege, longbow, and industrial+ ranged units
    ... and ranged units accompanied by GG.

11. Aflred_JFK

Aflred_JFK Chieftain

Thank You!

12. civnoob13

civnoob13 King

Well I thought they were good ideas :(

13. kamex

kamex Emperor

There is already a kind of unit threshold based on the number of cities you have. If you build more units than you can supply there's a production penalty. I forget the details as its never an issue except in OCC. :)

14. civnoob13

civnoob13 King

True, but that very rarely, if ever, has any impact on the game from what I have seen. This threshold is more under your own control and is more tactically significant, and you might actually notice it!

15. GenjiKhan

GenjiKhan Emperor

I'd like to see a buff in Citadel,because it's the only gp improvement that doesn't Improve the tile. It can be something like +2:c5science: , +1:c5gold: , +1:c5production: and +2 :c5culture: . And Citadels yield is increased with Military Science.

16. RPG

RPG King

:agree: anything would be an improvement.

17. RPG

RPG King

I really like this!

18. Magma_Dragoon

Magma_Dragoon Reploid

Add it, with a steam achievement or whatever. Hell, just copy and paste the one from civ2, I don't care, I just want a room full of swag again.

Moderator Action: Merged. :)

19. donhenriko

donhenriko NQ Officer

20. BuddhaBubba

BuddhaBubba Aspiring Sage

Ok, I'm playing my first OCC game (TSG 14 to be exact) and have come across a major flaw in the rules, IMHO. When I recapture a city-state, especially one that has been my ally, it completely destroys it! This is ridiculous. :mad: The city-state should simply be liberated and control returned to the city-state AI.