1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ IV Demogame IV - Starting the Game

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Democracy and Team Games' started by Bowsling, Mar 19, 2009.

1. NKVD

NKVD Cossack

i dont remember much about how other demo games worked but how about one sub-forum titled : Cities

in that one a list of all cities (major ones) with a mayor and citizen talking about what to construct and improvements. the list of all citizen on the first page of each cities...easier to follow no ?

2. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Chieftain

I love the idea and I have a few more ideas for forums but when I brought it up last Dgame the idea got little attention. I am still fairly new to Civfanatics, I played my prior Dgames (before Civ4 DG3) at 1BC, Civilized (COGC) and Noitazilivic, we had alot more forums and IMO it was less confusing especially to new citizens.

3. NKVD

NKVD Cossack

this is especially why i never joined an ongoing game! i never knew where to go and which city to go ''live in'' ...

4. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Chieftain

Organization is one of the key components to a Dgame. It almost killed DG3 after the Triad fiasco. I say we put organization at the forefront as we approach the start of DG4. Perhaps we could add some sub-forums within the 4 main forums to help quell a little bit of the confusion. Like a Cities sub-forum within the parent Citizens forum for example.

5. IamJohn

IamJohn (was)?

I think it's a good idea, just be careful though, if you go too nuts with organization you'll have a hard time getting people to understand how things work. :)

6. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Chieftain

I agree too many forums can be even more confusing :confused: . Lets just go with the 4 original forums, possibly 5 (one for Cities) so we can get the Dgame started. If whoever puts them up wants to just add the "Cities" as a Sub-forum in "Citizens" that would work too.
    A detailed "Start here" thread (stickied) on the main forum will give new members somewhere to start and help quell any confusion.

7. civver_764

civver_764 Chieftain

What kind of start date are we looking at?

8. ice2k4

ice2k4 Chieftain

I'd say if we started seriously discussing now, we would be electing by the end of the month and the game would start early October.

9. Bowsling

Bowsling Chieftain

That is of course assuming that we get the forums early enough.

10. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

And I'm proud to be part of that alomst death...... but, I agree completely with Civius on this one.

11. civplayah

civplayah fronter

I think TCN and CivGeneral would be interested. Has anyone PMed them yet?

12. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Chieftain

I PMed everyone that posted interest in this thread a week or two ago. They all showed back up. I told them it was about to start but we are still waiting on the forums. I didn't PM TCN or CG.

13. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

Does anyone have any idea how long it will be before we are ready to start?

No rush, I just don't want to miss it...

14. Bowsling

Bowsling Chieftain

Hopefully soon, but we can't really be sure.

15. civplayah

civplayah fronter

We have a lot of settings to finalize! Map style, speed, civ, leader; maybe we should get more polls up.

16. Bowsling

Bowsling Chieftain

I encourage people to place links in their signature just as civplayah, Lord Civius and I have done. That way, we can get more people joining.

17. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Chieftain

I like this idea, sorry Civ must have missed this post. So would the King/President choose the advisors or the Citizenry? I would also like to see the KingPresident with less power, the power should be with the council and their instructions should have teeth. If not it is more of a Dictator Game.

18. civplayah

civplayah fronter

I think the leader should choose the Governers, and maybe a general or two, but the rest should be the citizenry's idea.

19. civplayah

civplayah fronter

Come on, mods! You're ruining the game! Ruining it!

20. NKVD

NKVD Cossack

why do we needs mods anyway! we can do just like the other demo games and create threads without a specific forum!