Civ IV: Rise of Empires (expansion)

Must just be my computer as I tried another mod and it did not work either. Oh well :(

Horde, that stinks!

Question, do you have normal discs or Steam BTS? Because I've heard that can make a difference with loading mods. But I'm not an expert, I don't have Steam BTS.

I don't think so it looks just like a standard Civ4 Complete disk to me :badcomp:

This mod would be great with a huge world map, any chance I could make that happen ?

To Crispin: I haven't fooled around with that too much, I like having completely random worlds so I can really explore it. But the mod is set up to allow public maps, so it should be fine if you can get a huge map of the earth. It has a larger map size included for the base game.

To Horde: You might want to post in the main Creation/Customization forum, telling them your problems. There are some great guys there that really know their stuff, wait a day and you can usually get a good answer.

seasnake, I would like to try out your mod as it sounds great, but it refuses to open for me in 7-zip for one reason as an archive. Is it possible you could upload it under a different format?

P A U L, are you saying you cannot unzip the 7-Zip file? Use Winrar, it's available free online. If that doesn't work, I can try making it a .rar file for you, but again, it unzips with winrar so in theory it should be the same problem.

P A U L, are you saying you cannot unzip the 7-Zip file? Use Winrar, it's available free online. If that doesn't work, I can try making it a .rar file for you, but again, it unzips with winrar so in theory it should be the same problem.

It can't unzip in WinRar either, or WinZip for that matter. I tried downloading it multiple times, but apparently the archive is unreadable for me.

I figured out why I can't use the archive. Apparently for some reason filefactory refuses to let me download the entire file in any browser and I can't figure out why as I've never used this download provider before. Apparently it works for everybody else but I can't download the entire mod from filefactory.

P A U L: Would it help you to try a different file hosting place, then? I can look around and find another host (probably not until Thursday or Friday, though).

TO Everyone: Any bugs? Any complaints? Any suggestions? I'm going to consider releasing RoE 2.0 if there's enough reasons to release a new version.

seasnake, I think Filefactory might not of been working because my internet was being slow at the time of that post. I'll try again and report back my results.

Although, I think this is going on because it terminates the filefactory download session before I finish downloading. It would be great if you could find a different host, but I'm trying to work it out on my own.

Okay, it's impossible for me to download the file from filefactory. Could you upload it to filebeam or mediafire or somewhere else?

To PAUL: Alright, I'll PM you when there's a second link available. Give me til Saturday though, I have a very busy two days ahead of me.

Thanks a lot for the help seasnake. BTW: On Friday I'm leaving until Monday, so I'll probably take a while to respond to your PM.

Having big problems with this one.

1) Downloaded 310MB from FileFactory ---- OKAY

2) Tried to extract using WinRAR to MODS folder in Beyond the Sword folder ---NO GOOD

(WinRAR diagnostic came up with over 7500 errors)

3) Tried to extract using WinRAR to Documents folder --- OKAY

4) Copied Rise of Empires folder to MODS in Beyond the Sword folder --- OKAY

5) Rise of Empires shows up in the MOD list in Beyond the Sword, so I tried to open it ---NO GOOD

(Beyond the Sword closed down to reopen with the MOD like it usually does, but nothing loads up and after a few minutes, Vista gives me the message that the program is no longer working and is shutting down).

I tried deleting it and reinstalling it a few times, then I tried re-downloading it. Always I'm getting the same result. Any advice?

I used GetRight to download the MOD. It loads after 55 seconds on my machine. (XP)
Possible to use the "Gigantic" map too!
Resolution 1920x1200 pixels

:lol:

No problem to extract with WinRAR.

(Average computer): 3.5 GHz Athlon single core, 2GB RAM DDR, no Swap File...
ASUS ENGT240 1GB GDDR3 Video Card...

Top Bottom