Civ IV: Rise of Empires (expansion)

When I play your mod no user interface options show up: including menu-options, unit orders/commands, no advanced start options appear when game is started(cant place units, technologies, cities, or even choose to start gameplay), and no advisor screens or civilpedia bar area, and the civilpedia does not work on the main menu either...:cry:

I use the latest bts patch and have FFH, Mercenaries, and textures mods non of which are loaded when this mod is(except bts of course:p)

Deleted this comment. Moved it to a more appropriate forum.

I hope it wasen't a comment that told me what to do....anyway I really could use some advice, I use the cd version of civ. I would really like to try this out...pwning the ai on next war is getting a lil boring:sad:

Seasnake, thanks for the advice I have been tinkering and found out that I needed to install patch 3.19 and delete the mod from the other folders it was in to make it work. Great mod I am loving it :thumbsup:

To Dinner: Here's the fix for the European Renaissance buildings. Go to the Mods/Rise of Empires/Assets/Art/Structures/Cities and unzip this file into there. It should work from then on. It shouldn't interfere with the game at all if you've started one.

Attachments

• colony_euro_late.rar
    27.3 KB · Views: 149
Nice mod. Thanks!

Tip for some posters: make a shortcut on your desktop so you don't have to go in the game to load the mod..
Steps:
make a shortcut on desktop.
In target, put:
"DRIVE:\PATH\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod="Rise of Empires"

Nice features added into this, A gigantic world map with correct major cities put in would be int., and no settlers, just play the cities you get at start, still would give the advantage to U.S, Russia, china, Germany, India, ect with realistic resources added, that way you could build each civ up but limit the total world cities to a playable amount. That would also set-up some importance to gaining vassels. From a game stand-point Id probaly consider Canada/Mexico as part of the U.S. with just 2-3 main cities so U.S. doesnt start wars on its on continent to gain an advantage. This is realistic for U.S. as it realy doesnt face any threat from those 2 neighbors but does gain advantages by their proximity.

I think there's a problem with Russian infantry.
Some fish graphics missing too maybe?

Other than that, I really like it; it's not flooded with city buildings, but still adds a lot to the game.

there's no BUG in this?

To NNM: Hmmm ... we're missing the Infantry Unit for European Style? I'll look into that ... Just looked, and it looks like it's there. Is there a problem I can't see?

To Lymond: No, there's no BUG in this. Sorry.

Kind of having the same problem Horde had.

What happens is when you click "OK" to load it, it goes to a black screen and then just completely shuts down Civ. Then, clicking on the Icon again just reloads like nothing had happened.

Edit: Didn't see Horde posted how he fixed it, going to try it now.

To NNM: Hmmm ... we're missing the Infantry Unit for European Style? I'll look into that ... Just looked, and it looks like it's there. Is there a problem I can't see?

This last game is stopped because of it... Can't see the (russian) infantry when I select it can't upgrade it (exp) or see the orders.. Instead I see orders available for previously selected unit.
I can see the infantry on the map, but not on the selection row on bottom where orders are.

I've done everything I could possibly think of to get it to load, but it still gives me the black screen then closes. Any ideas?

I tried nnm's solution...it doesn't work for my problem.
Is the mod suppose to remove all menus and the command buttons for units? Is that a new challenge mode included, memorize quickkeys for everything in Civ before you play? Or else get raped by the ai who can build cities, command their units, see their stats, etc; or is this be a douchebag to guy who can't play this mod month?

lymond-theres either a huge game-breaking bug, or a hardass diffaculty setting that you can't turn off.

You've installed BUG as standard, right?
If yes: Go to the folder of Rise Of Empires, open the Rise Of Empires.ini file (rightclick, open with notepad/wordpad), and chage the value
PHP:
; Custom XML and Python from user folder are not loaded
NoCustomAssets = 0

to 1.

To NNM: Okay, I'll check into that tonight.

To Krieger: calm down. I don't know why this mod is mostly working for people but conflicting with some others. I'm asking a few other, more experienced modders if they have any idea but there can be a thousand reasons why it doesn't work. If I come up with some ideas or get some answers I'll let you know, but I don't know why that's a problem.

To BigBob: Black screen and closes -- Do you have a mac or the latest BTS patch?

SS: Windows 7 and I did download the latest one. 3.19.

Now as you said before, where if you click it and it closes, if you try and open BS again it loads.. that works for all the other "pre-existing" mods.. but RoE is the only one that the system just pretends like it's not loading at all.

Minor Update: I went back in and clicked "Check for Updates" and it said I hadn't installed the new patch, but I had done it 3 other times in the last week.. so what I'm assuming is it will not save the patch for some reason.. so I did that, restarted the computer, opened of RoE and of course for me, it went blank but did open up within 5 minutes.

Top Bottom