Civ IV Traits VP

v5
- add EventArt
- remove Dependency on (7) Community Events
- Charismatic - WLTKD for 10 ( was 5) turns in newly-acquired Cities. Begin with an additional WLTKD for 30 (was 15 )turns in the Capital.
-Philosophical - Great People Improvements and Gardens generate +1 ( was 2) Golden Age Points.

Attachments

• Civ IV Traits VP (v 5).zip
    7.9 KB · Views: 201
Didn't know about this gem. DL and am giving it a try. Seems like the trait isn't generated on the first turn. Not sure if this is expected behavior or not. Mine came on turn 4 (I settled on turn 1). Met Egypt pretty quickly and did not see a trait for them. Met the Zulu and theirs showed up right away. Checked back on Egypt now (turn 13) and I see theirs now.

I'm not sure if this is the cause, but it seems very interesting, so I tried this mod. By the end of Renaissance, right before EE on the end of turn I get CTD, it's after all AI and CS turns, when I start to get yields from CS quest. In lua.log found

[724.265] Runtime Error: C:\Users\kav\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Civ IV Traits VP (v 6)\TraitLua.lua:515: attempt to index field 'TECH_SLAVERY' (a nil value)

I'm not sure if this is the cause, but it seems very interesting, so I tried this mod. By the end of Renaissance, right before EE on the end of turn I get CTD, it's after all AI and CS turns, when I start to get yields from CS quest. In lua.log found

[724.265] Runtime Error: C:\Users\kav\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Civ IV Traits VP (v 6)\TraitLua.lua:515: attempt to index field 'TECH_SLAVERY' (a nil value)
Yes. My mistake. I will do an update in a few hours.

Update version 7.
See the first post.
---------------------------------------
inoffensive lua error (i don't think it could cause ctd)
save game compatible

I see the trait that the AI players have received; but, how do I find the trait I have been awarded? The message box indicates only that a trait has been assigned without labeling it. Or is something not working as intended in the latest VP iteration?

Edit: Okay. Noticed the notification that appears the turn when a trait is awarded. But if someone misses the notice or ignores it, how may that player learn what traits have been obtained at some point later in the game?

Last edited:
Looks like all "free items" aren't spawning. I didn't get my archer and an opponent doesn't seem to have their free shrine either.
there's not even the dummy building that grants the bonus indeed
Something with 3.0 surely has broken, hope that Padre19 one day will have the time to fix because, although simple, the mod added a very nice flavour to the game, maybe unbalaced (thinks about Sumer for CPP and Expansive trait, 4 citizens when you found cities? Or Aggressive Shaka? That's something a bit broken lol), but indeed was funny

Is there any possibility could be updated to work with 3.x? It used to make my game funnier with 2.x version, even if it somehow could give some nasty combos to civs making them completely OP; unfortunately in the first version of 3.x this mod is completely broken and cannot be used anymore... (dunno if in 3.2 is still broken but I think so)

Top Bottom