[CiV Maps] Kerfuffle's Coffee and Cartography

Well, haven't checked this thread in some time, but thank you, Kerfuffle. Kenya map looks amazing.

@Mewr11: Np. I'll be looking forward to your civs when they come around :D

@Firebug: Sorry I took so long, but Sparta is done:

Both standard and high res can be obtained here.

That's amazing, thanks!

God, yes, that looks great. I'd be interested in a map for North Korea and East Germany if the project in my sig comes to fruition. It's not a rush by any means as I don't plan to really get cracking on compiling them until the Northern Hemisphere summer.

Croatia updated to Croatia-Slavonia:

Standard and Large Res in this .zip

@JFD: Thanks for the kind words! :D

@SuperWaffle: I'm not too keen on working on a North Korea map. It's not to say I'm not interested in that civ, I'm just hesitant on working on something that's still sensitive subject matter. If there was enough time that has passed that I can distance myself from the subject matter then I'd reconsider. Aside from that, I'd be more than glad to work on a map for East Germany, the Cold War era is one of my particular interests :D

@SuperWaffle: I'm not too keen on working on a North Korea map. It's not to say I'm not interested in that civ, I'm just hesitant on working on something that's still sensitive subject matter. If there was enough time that has passed that I can distance myself from the subject matter then I'd reconsider.

Am I just sleep-deprived, or are you subtly suggesting SuperWaffle should reunify Korea?

Am I just sleep-deprived, or are you subtly suggesting SuperWaffle should reunify Korea?

I think you were sleep deprived when reading that :lol:
(Though I am as well... I should stop staying up 'till 5 am :crazyeye:)

Just to clarify: I'm was saying I'd prefer not to work on something linked to a controversial state/personality that is still quite relevant in our current point in time.

EDIT: Wait, by 'subtly suggesting SuperWaffle unify Korea' do you mean unify actual North and South Korea or do you mean make a unified Korea mod...? The answer to both is still no I wasn't suggesting that though :lol:

@SuperWaffle: I'm not too keen on working on a North Korea map. It's not to say I'm not interested in that civ, I'm just hesitant on working on something that's still sensitive subject matter. If there was enough time that has passed that I can distance myself from the subject matter then I'd reconsider. Aside from that, I'd be more than glad to work on a map for East Germany, the Cold War era is one of my particular interests :D

Understood. I gotta figure out how to best handle North Korea myself. I'm actually doing it to try and create a neutral, jokes-free version of the civ (it wouldn't be Un), because it's obviously a very unique place in the world. I love the Cold War too and I think it's one of its most interesting products.

Anyway, I totally understand your decision! Looking forward to the GDR! Maybe an ideal timestamp would be the Berlin wall? I'll let you know when I decide colors, Also if anyone thinks i should cancel this plan for a quality NK mod, please let me know. If that's the consensus then I'll drop it.

Understood. I gotta figure out how to best handle North Korea myself. I'm actually doing it to try and create a neutral, jokes-free version of the civ (it wouldn't be Un), because it's obviously a very unique place in the world. I love the Cold War too and I think it's one of its most interesting products.

Anyway, I totally understand your decision! Looking forward to the GDR! Maybe an ideal timestamp would be the Berlin wall? I'll let you know when I decide colors, Also if anyone thinks i should cancel this plan for a quality NK mod, please let me know. If that's the consensus then I'll drop it.

I'd say you should stick to it, even if some people aren't so keen on the idea. After all, people work the best when they hold a particular interest in the subject matter.
Though if the community response is overwhelmingly negative, there's not much you can do, but I highly doubt that it would be. The community here is rather open-minded, thank goodness for that :lol:
A jokes-free and neutral take on the civ seems to be the best approach, though I imagine trying to make it not seem like propaganda for either side will be difficult :crazyeye:

Though I'm not involving myself in the project, I look forward to your designs. Good luck :D

I'd say you should stick to it, even if some people aren't so keen on the idea. After all, people work the best when they hold a particular interest in the subject matter.
Though if the community response is overwhelmingly negative, there's not much you can do, but I highly doubt that it would be. The community here is rather open-minded, thank goodness for that :lol:
A jokes-free and neutral take on the civ seems to be the best approach, though I imagine trying to make it not seem like propaganda for either side will be difficult :crazyeye:

Though I'm not involving myself in the project, I look forward to your designs. Good luck :D

Thanks man. I'll try to be transparent enough to avoid controversy. Also if you have any other Cold war civs you want, let me know!

OK I've hijacked your thread enough. East Germany might be gold on a dark dark gray BG although I haven't checked the color thing yet. I really like your ability to do different styles and I look forward to what you come up with!

Gold and dark grey, sounds similar like my stupid suggestion in RawSasquatchs thread :D

Gold and dark grey, sounds similar like my stupid suggestion in RawSasquatchs thread :D

I'm not gonna lie, I was inspired by you. When I get deeper into designing I'll message you about it!

Also if LiTE is doing Kim I'll Sung I feel comfortable canceling mine.

Good Idea, i live in Saxony (A state in the east of germany). :D
The dark, dark, dark, dark east of Germany, that is.
So do you have sanitation and electricity already? :D

Oh, yeah sure i dont live in the "Tal der Ahnungslosen/Valley of the Clueless" :D

Top Bottom