Civ Quiz I

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. I think Medi is Buddha, and i'm pretty shure Poly is some Greek, or Hindu gods

Liz is in the Hereditary Rule civic icon but that's not the same as the monarchy tech icon.

I think it's Military Tradition. And with the American flag in the background and the modern-looking uniform... Is that guy supposed to be a young Franklin Roosevelt?

As for Polytheism it could be Darius or Cyrus if not for the fact that most sculptures show only their profile, or maybe Alexander in the back, though I can't imagine how could he ended behind anyone.
Man it was so obvious - Washington and Currency.

Okay, an easy one: name all UU's that repleace different units in Civ 4 than in Civ 3.
Assuming I was right.

Edit: The guy whose name was changed to a formation, the one who lost a word, and the one who is not from a Civ that can create him are in.

I thought dollars had a picture of Mickey Mouse on them ;)

Samurai replace Macemen, Phalanx replace Axemen, but that last one I don't understand what you're trying to say. Wait! It's... Jaguars? Did they replace Warriors before, and now Swordsmen?

Forgot that Samurai replaced a knight back in Civ3. So, that'd be:
Samurai (now Maceman, was Knight)
Jaguar [warrior] (now swordsman, was warrior)
Immortal (was swordsman(?), now chariot)

If you count Phalanx/hoplite, that'd be your name-changed-to-a-formation one. I really don't know what you mean about the one from a civ who cannot create him means.

There are 7 of those units if I recall correctly (that repleace diffrent units in Civ 3 and 4). The ones I mentioned had their names changed a little. As for the one not from a Civ that can create him I can add that there were two UU's that fall into this category in Civ 3 and there is one such in Civ 4.

I'm asking about all 7, and those 3 were mentioned in case someone has some doubts. Although maybe I have accually created doubts by doing so.

Okay, an easy one: name all UU's that repleace different units in Civ 4 than in Civ 3.
Assuming I was right.

Edit: The guy whose name was changed to a formation, the one who lost a word, and the one who is not from a Civ that can create him are in.

Hwacha - used to be cannon, now catapult
Keshik - used to be knight, now horse archer
Conquistador - used to be explorer, now knight
Berserker - used to be longbowman, now maceman
Phalanx - used to be spearman, now axeman (in BtS at least)
Samurai - used to be knight, now maceman
Immortal - used to be swordsman, now chariot
Jaguar - used to be warrior, now swordsman

That makes 8, did I get something wrong?

Seems I forgot about two of them. Anyway alhimk's answer is right. It's now your turn.

"The one not from a Civ that can create him" was Numidian Mercenary/Cavalry. But since one can say that they are not the same unit, I can ignore the lack of it.

This probably won't be hard: what's the highest amount of hammers per turn can you get from a size 1 city (not counting rushing and chopping)?

This probably won't be hard: what's the highest amount of hammers per turn can you get from a size 1 city (not counting rushing and chopping)?

Assuming no corporations either, otherwise you could probably have just about as high as you wanted playing with a map where every square is an Iron square, and you have Mining Inc founded.

4 - center tile founded on stone plains hill during golden age
8 - mined, plains hill with copper during golden age

Total 12

I'm assuming that we cannot add buildings to the city - or is that an incorrect assumption? If we can, then adding a levy and putting both tiles next to a river adds 2 hammers for a total of 14.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom