1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ VI Funny/Strange Screenshots

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Carazycool, Oct 23, 2016.

1. AriaLyric

AriaLyric Nonbinary | Peaceful Builder Vietnam & Māori Main

Just love how this Furs industry in the middle of a large forest looks. "Quaint" isn't exactly the right word, but it gets close. I'm definitely gonna put a preserve on that plains tile 2 tiles south and plant a few more woods to fully surround it, I'll post an update once I do cos I'm sure it'll look really pretty (and when I do I'll be sure to show if any forest fires had happened by then). 20210507080305_1.jpg

2. AriaLyric

As promised, here's how it looks by the end of the game. Looks very nice, as I expected - very satisfying to have such a large forest, and very silly to see a giant office building out in the middle of it. Sadly, no forest fires occurred - was hoping they'd come and massively buff the yields of the forest, but no luck.
    Spoiler yields off :
    20210510152750_1.jpg
    Spoiler yields on :
    20210510152824_1.jpg

3. Aurelesk

Aurelesk Prince

I was doing some testing with Trading Domes and an odd city appeared next to my border:

Spoiler The Phoenicians can sometimes be offsettling. :

I took me a few seconds to understand why KTY was not in the center of its territory.
    In Civilization VI, a newly settled city claims 6 closest tiles. Most of the time, it is the 6 around the city. In this case, the Phoenicians grabbed the 3 remaining tiles next to the city, then took 3 other tiles on ring 2. It happened that the 3 tiles they grabbed at ring 2 managed to form a round territory.

Sad news for the Trading Dome: the +1 Gold to trade routes only works if it is on a workable range. Since you cannot have Trading Dome next to each other, you can have a maximum of 12 Trading Dome in a city for a +12 additional Gold.

Last edited: May 10, 2021
  4. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

Lightning never strikes in one place twice, they said... yeah right, sure... :)

These are AI troops btw, expecting to attack my vassal city state which I'm blocking with my troops from them, much fun and all.
    And I got both those meteor sites, because AI units never moved, so I got to the unoccupied tile first, and then, after an eternity, I saw that the AI knight moved and left the second site unoccupied, so I went and took it as well.

5. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

In Krakow the Yahtzee team is taking over!
    upload_2021-5-13_22-27-4.png

Thats got to be a relic in there
    upload_2021-5-13_22-28-8.png

6. Victoria

7. Hellenism Salesman

Hellenism Salesman Prince

The yield maxer in me so desperately wants to put lumber mills on those tiles... I can't tell if this city would be better or worse as someone other than Kupe!

Knightfall likes this.
  8. Victoria

worse, Kupe does not have to bother, in fact Lumber mills often do nothing

9. Kjimmet

Kjimmet Tietäjä

Nau is time to cause feitoria! 20210513022204_1b.jpg

10. Hakan-i Cihan

Hakan-i Cihan Emperor

Of course they will be your allies, otherwise they stand no chance against your naval fleet...

11. Linklite

Linklite Emperor

Is that a bug or did just go nuts on them? I'd hate to see your maintenance bill!

12. Kjimmet

Kjimmet Tietäjä

I build Venetian Arsenal, and thanks to my trade routes all cities on the screen had about 100 production, so I was building 8 naus per turn. At first I thought building only couple naus but then I wanted to see how many can I build before I must reseach tech that replaces them.
    I don't have the save file anymore, but I did build 136 naus and their maintenance is 2 so -272 in total.

13. Ollof

Ollof Chieftain

A drop in the ocean for Portugal's income

14. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

That poor quadrireme at the bottom can't go anywhere. I guess he'll just give up on exploration and let Portugal do it. :lol:

PiR, Kimiimaro, Knightfall and 4 others like this.
  15. Datian

Datian Warlord

I heard there was an archaelogist called Waldo somewhere ?

16. AriaLyric

Never before have I wished more for the option to toggle whether or not a city center displays canal graphics. I've got that harbor there in the middle lake in the hopes it wouldve made the the adjacent canal go straight horizontally without connecting to the city center, but it seems the game prioritizes city center canals going straight (or rather, from one tile to the direct opposite tile) rather than canal districts going straight.

If I could do it again, I'd place the harbor directly southwest of the city center, and then put the canal either over the cattle (one tile southeast of where I have it now), or on the woods tile which for some reason is still showing its yields, and just make do with the canal looking like its bypassing the third lake.

Spoiler Warning: Unsatisfying :
    20210515132827_1.jpg

17. Banazir864

Banazir864 Warlord

Geneva got a relatively realistic spawn in my non-TSL game.

Realistic Geneva.png

18. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

what you doin japan, that won't work

Last edited: May 15, 2021
    PiR, Kimiimaro, Kjimmet and 5 others like this.
  19. Buktu

Buktu Prince

I guess thats another adjacency for the harbour at least :D

20. Zaarin

Zaarin Diplomatic Attaché to Londo Mollari

It looks nice? :mischief: