1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ VI Funny/Strange Screenshots

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Carazycool, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

So the AI conquers a city-state, it flips to free cities, the AI conquers it again and liberates it. :crazyeye: I'm sure this is some grand AI strategy I'm just not seeing. ;) Maybe they felt like their troops needed exercise. Although considering Auckland was my Suzerain, after they liberated it they have 7 envoys and I now have 0. So in a way, this is ingenious from the AI. A great way to wipe out my envoys and give him a whole bunch. Now I'm kind of tiffed the AI did this. Makes me wonder if the AI is smarter than it lets on. :)

Unfortunately I can't find the gossip log where they originally took Aukland, it just says they conquered a "lost" city. I don't remember even seeing the AI liberate city-states, so this is strange even on its own. But to liberate the same city-state you just conquered 10 turns prior is just bizarre.

bbufa, Kjimmet, Kimiimaro and 3 others like this.
  2. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Warlord Supporter

This is a common event. Almost comically effective in it's own way.

3. ezzlar

ezzlar Chieftain

Now, how bad can a start be?

20181112123537_1.jpg

Greywulf, Mort_Q, Fakoleon and 17 others like this.
  4. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

Kjimmet, Jkchart, Guandao and 3 others like this.
  5. MrRadar

MrRadar Chieftain

Fantastic! What a nice match of the civ colours and the environment. Besides, you've got a nice harbour location, easy eureka for Celestial Navigation, pearls for the golf ball production line and breathtaking golfing opportunities in the vast white flatlands. There are even some hills! Considering this could've been one tile island in the middle of the ocean with no sea resources, count yourself lucky ;)

Or at least upload the starting save :)

6. Naeshar

Naeshar Chieftain

I agree, this is probably worse than mine (search a bit in the history in this thread), I had a river at least with the Dutch :D
    No barbarians, that's the positive aspect, I suppose. Upload it, I am curious...

7. ezzlar

ezzlar Chieftain

Countless are the arctic civilizations

Duel map with three AI:s on Immortal was enough for a quick restart. Sorry!

8. BenitoChavez

BenitoChavez Whispering Walrus

That is actually pretty clever. I'm going to have to try this city flipping strategy in my next Pericles game.

9. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

This is when Firaxis should have given Scotland the ability to construct curling rinks instead of golf courses on snow or tundra tiles; golf courses can still be built on grass or plains.

10. AmtrakQuebec

AmtrakQuebec Chieftain

You know that place by the other place...
    I thought this one was amusing for the incredible natural harbour...

11. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Warlord

Already in a won position, can launch my last spaceship part whenever, but decided to try something. Playing Brasil, with cheap entertainment districts and Korea next door stuck in a dark final age. Buy Copacabanas near the border, neutralize the governours and foment unrest. Took two cities so far, and Korea has no idea what's going in, still my loyal ally. :smoke:
    Bread and Circuses.png

Was wondering if could get the capital to rebel but it was no problem. Launched my spaceship and called it.

Capital flip.png

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  12. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

I don't know why, but when reading this post I got a deja vu of having a deja vu while reading this post.

13. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

In the 20th century, a strange event occured. This event was peaceful disappearance of the Korean Empire. The Koreans rebelled against their Queen Seondeok, and slowly joined the Brazilian Empire, which was led by Emperor Pedro II. It's not very certain what caused all of the Korean population to give up their independence. The reasons vary. Here, we add a quotation of a modern Korean historian.

"Our Empire was going through a dark age, and since we had a feeling that it'll never end, we decided we could have a better life as part of the Empire of Brazil. And they had these water carnivals called Copacabanas. These are cool, too."

14. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

After all these horrible starts as England, I've had a double luck - a natural wonder + free goody hut... Found on turn 2!

Double luck.png

15. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

Why must you taunt me oh beautiful tribal village? How did you get on your peaceful, yet frigid island tribal villagers? How do I visit you on your island tribal villagers?

I suppose maybe a spec ops can get there. Of course I have no nearby cities, so no. Have to let this one go, as difficult as it is. Even if I could get there, it would be a suicide mission. Sending an expensive spec ops for a pop of 20 faith would just cause a rage quit. :D

krokobone, Tech Osen, Leyrann and 7 others like this.
  16. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

Too bad that the melting of polar ice caps will come right with the Gathering Storm :p

17. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I can only imagine.

"Sir, we found a primitive tribe hidden behind an impenetrable wall of ice."

"Ice, huh? Fire up the factories, we must melt the ice caps!"

krokobone, Jkchart, Leyrann and 7 others like this.
  18. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

So in anticipation of GS, I started to play some civ again. Since it has been a long time, I started a game on King difficulty. As it turns out, this is way too easy for Golden Ages. It shouldn't be possible to get 289/208, now should it?

Also, oil is really well placed on this map.

Golden_Age_Points.jpg

19. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

I got an early copy of Gathering storm.
    Or should I say Civilization 6: Gathering Storm Fallout edition

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  20. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

It's the return of Beyond Earth's miasma! Now on Earth!

Siptah, WillowBrook and Klinn like this.