Civ VI Funny/Strange Screenshots

Replace the seaside resort with an encampment and it'd look even more authentic

now, now don't tempt me to reroll games looking for the perfect place to build a golden gate bridge, an encampment on a 1 tile island, and something with a floodable tile. Though the GG bridge doesn't actually go to alcatraz, so I suppose it could be something thats' just in the city radius.

So has anyone seen this before? An AI for whatever reason refusing to recruit a great writer? Is Kupe expecting the next one to be better or something?

More importantly it's been this way for like the whole game. Even if he for some reason had just passed it normally then surely he should've been given the next one instead since you can't pass more than once in a row? Then how has he still not gotten a great writer?

So has anyone seen this before? An AI for whatever reason refusing to recruit a great writer? Is Kupe expecting the next one to be better or something?

More importantly it's been this way for like the whole game. Even if he for some reason had just passed it normally then surely he should've been given the next one instead since you can't pass more than once in a row? Then how has he still not gotten a great writer?

The Maori can't get Great Writers. It's part of the UA.

More more importantly, what faces does that mod show for earlier great people? Great prophets in particular... :D

For those of you who are frustrated that they can't find iron in a GS game, it's because the US is cornering the market:

I was originally expecting to put a Holy Site and Campus districts in there (two spots for +2 at least) but I guess those plans will have to change.

When you just want to build that iron mine on that hill...

but two active volcanoes say: NOPE

But hey, it's 6 food, 3 production and 1 science and we are only in early Medieval Era, I'm not even mad :D

That's the first time I've seen two volcanoes side by side. Pretty cool! (Or more likely hot.) Are you using any mods, or is it just GS having fun with itself?

I've not only had two volcanoes side by side several times, but also a third one only a hex away. Imagine if the tile with the warrior in Revolutionist's screenshot was a volcano too, that's the situation I've run into. Makes the middle hex a perfect city site. ;)

Map generation in GS seems to exhibit more clustering than before. Whether it's volcanoes, resources like the iron in my screenshot above, or city states like the example I posted earlier, it appears as if the code for distributing stuff has been tweaked. (Edit: I'm playing without mods, and using the default map settings)

Second edit: Aha! I knew I had a screenshot of the volcano cluster stashed away somewhere, here it is:

Last edited:
Perhaps at some point you should stop trying to build mines and just work the tiles raw :D
...and maybe later make a national park out of them.

Top Bottom