Civ VI Leader Pass 2

I honestly loved her ability in Civ V and would love a straight up migration. I loved picking off all those lame city states with my endless supply of children.
If I were to give her an ability, it would be receiving influence points from alliances. Maybe +2 influence points for each alliance? I think it would be appropriate for her. That way she could form alliances with everyone and become suzerain of as many smaller states as she can.

Edit. By the way, there's an excellent mod of her on Steam, and it comes with her Civ5 animations. It's so good that I don't even ask Austria in my civs requests for another pass anymore. :p

Last edited:
If I were to give her an ability, it would be receiving influence points from alliances. Maybe +2 influence points for each alliance? I think it would be appropriate for her. That way she could form alliances with everyone and become suzerain of as many smaller states as she can.

Edit. By the way, there's an excellent mod of her on Steam, and it comes with her Civ5 animations. It's so good that I don't even ask Austria in my civs requests for another pass anymore. :p

Ooooh what's the mod?

The only way to improve her UA would be to give me an actual princeling or princess unit (in full wedding garb) to scamper about on the map and marry the city state of my choosing.

If Maria Theresa was included as the German leader, wouldn't that bring some annoyance to Austrian players? :shifty:
I just want her in the game somehow so I personally wouldn't mind, but I'm not Austrian so I don't know how many would.

Honestly my ideal pack would be an Italian Civilization, Maria Theresa as a leader (either Austria, or a possible dual one for Germany/Hungary), and an Opera House universal building. :mischief:

I honestly loved her ability in Civ V
I too! I once played with her in giant earth on civ5, I remember to start in Rio Grande do Sul (in South America) and spread my cities all over the globe, because her marriage alliance ability make it very easy to grab other cities. But I think it is a bit over power ability because is too easy to grab cities with marriage, you just to need to wait 10 turns after become suzerain, and in civ 5 is possible to become suzerain with money, so I just invest in money and purchase cities all around the globe, and not small cities as settles one, no, it was great city states with infantary and etc.

Maria Theresa as a leader (either Austria, or a possible dual one for Germany/Hungary)
Since civ6 don't will add more civilizations, it's impossible to she become leader of Austria.
Should be fun have Maria Theresa as leader of Hungary, despite I think the civ of Hungary is made about other historical period to fit better in Hungarian narrative of history. And German should be very weird if she leads off, mostly because she lived in a time before Germany, of course there was already a concept of Germany, and a willigness to do a Germany country, but Maria Theresa's Austria was out of Prussian's plans of Germany in the end, so she never leads Germany.

But, if Ana Nzinga is leading Kongo... I don't will be surprise if Maria Theresa appears leading Germany....

If Maria Theresa was included as the German leader, wouldn't that bring some annoyance to Austrian players? :shifty:

About the same level of annoyance that happens when any civilisation gets a female leader, wasting a precious slot that could have been given to a more recognisable man.

Also, I’m think I might genuinely hate the term “historical nerd” because it’s trotted out every time they have the nerve to have a woman lead a civilisation.

You don’t have to have ruled a people to have shaped their destiny, and one of the great joys this series has given me is being able to read about the women of history who managed to great things in the world. This community has a way of draining a lot of that joy.

With love, a tired Civ playing woman

(This is not directed at you, dear quoted person! Or anyone really, just general venting)

That's also my read - while Maria Theresa won't be opposed so much *for* being a woman, I'd expect Maria Theresa leading Germany to get some opposition, from some Austrian, but not much more than any other leader, and probably less than series stalwarts Cleo and Gandhi.

About the same level of annoyance that happens when any civilisation gets a female leader, wasting a precious slot that could have been given to a more recognisable man.
What the problem with female leaders? I like female leaders and I think we should choice womens when it's possible.

Maria Theresa is a good choice to lead Austria, or the Holly Roman Empire, but not Germany.

...provided one is stuck on the idea Germany did not exist before 1870, which is false.

We can’t have a pack about Roman Leaders without including Augustus Ceasar!

Given he literally reinvented Rome and saved it from itself, and given the very long shadow Rome cast over all of Europe for millenia after it’s fall, he needs to be in it.

Charlemagne should have it's own civ. Maybe the Franks or the Holy Roman Empire. and Maria Theresa should lead Austria.
I think just Bismarck can leads Germany, since the concept of Germany is a very modern one.
By the way it was a very bad choice Barbarrosa as lead of Germany.
What can be cool is choice Frederick the great to leads Prussia, not Germany.

Argh there is a Prussian civ mod for Civ6, but it isn’t updated for GS.

It finally, FINALLY gives a German civ the correct UU.

Being of Prussian descent I wish it was playable

To play as, yes. I hate espionage in both Civ5 and Civ6 so extra and early spies does nothing for me. Even if I find her festival project too expensive to be worth bothering with, her extra Culture from luxuries is far more bonus to me than her spy mechanics. To play against, I much prefer the Black Queen. (Though I do love the gold-and-white color scheme they gave Magnificence Catherine, even if it's apropos of nothing.) In Civ7, though, if they want a black queen figure, I'd highly recommend Wu Zetian fill the role (even if she's returning last-minute for Civ6).

It’s a stupid gamey cartoony gimmick. I modded it out as soon as I could, along with the leaders based around it.

Which left room to add Napoleon and other better leaders for France

Which left room to add Napoleon and other better leaders for France
As I've said before, may Napoleon not return for another ten editions of Civ. :p

I want Richelieu for france (but not in VI where he’d just compete with black queen CdM).

Considering Persia got Nader Shah, the first ever acknowledgment of post-Achaemenid Persian history, I think it's high time Egypt got similarly treated. Muhammad Ali could be a good alternative leader. I would also suggest Baybars of the Mamluk Sultanate, but it would be weird having both him and Saladin in the same game. Also, if Nader Shah can lead Persia, can't Saladin do the same for Egypt?

Islamic and pre-Islamic Persia have a level of cultural continuity that Islamic and pre-Islamic Egypt do not.

If Arabia gets an Umayyad/Abbasid leader in Civ 7 I could maybe see a separate Fatimid/Ayyubid/Mamluk/etc Civ. But since Saladin is currently leading Arabia, I don't think Civ 6 is the place for it.

Teddy Roosevelt Leader Pass:
Frail Asthma Kid Teddy
Dead Animal Collector Teddy
Wrestler Teddy
Cowboy Teddy
Police Officer Teddy
Assistant Secretary of the Navy Teddy
Governor of New York Teddy
Rough Rider Teddy (already in-game)
Vice President Teddy
Trustbuster Teddy
Giant Slayer Teddy
National Parks Teddy
Roosevelt Corollary Teddy (already in-game)
Big Stick Teddy
Teddy Bear Teddy
Great White Fleet Teddy
Safari Teddy
Amazon Teddy
Bull Moose Teddy
WWI Teddy
Reaper-Killer Teddy
Robin Williams Teddy
Newsies Teddy

With New Scenarios!
Teddy's Rough Rider Adventure (Spanish American War)
Playable:
America - Teddy Roosevelt
Non-Playable:
Spain
Trustbusters
America - Teddy Roosevelt
JP Morgan - JP Morgan

Last edited:
Now that the Leader Pass is over I kind of want to change around some of my ideas for a hypothetical Leaders Pass 2. The main reason is I want to make sure that no leaders overlap any others.

Maria Theresa (Germany and Hungary): Royal Marriage-When in an alliance with any other civ you may send a Royal Child to that civ. The Royal Child will gain you more diplomatic visibility and +2 culture, or +2 diplo favor with GS, per turn.
Agenda: Hapsburg Dynasty-Wants to be an alliance with as many civilizations as possible. Dislikes civilizations that don't want to form an alliance, or have more alliances than her.

Isabella (Spain): The New World- All Naval units gain experience from exploration, and may explore tribal villages adjacent to the coast. Exploring a tribal village and finding a new continent grants faith and gold equal to half of the strength of the unit that finds it. Great Admirals are cheaper to purchase with gold and faith.
Agenda:Entradas-Likes to reveal the map and focus on exploring. Dislikes civilizations that explore more than her.

Hannibal Barca (Phoenicia): Numidian Cavalry- Has a chance of a free Cavalry Unit or Naval Unit when you destroy a Barbarian outpost. Units may go through mountains if they start their movement within range of a Great General, but lose half health.
Agenda: Quinquereme- Likes to have the biggest navy. Dislikes civilizations with more naval units than him.

Ivan IV (Russia): Oprichnina-Gain 100% production towards units in cities where you have negative amenities, and losing loyalty in R&F and GS.
Agenda: Novgorod-Likes to keep his cities small in population. Dislikes civilizations with high population cities.
I originally had Ivan III, but his Third Rome ability now seems to similar to Theodora.

Ezana (Ethiopia): Ezana Stone- 50% production towards monuments. Monuments grant +2 faith.
Agenda: Religious State- Likes for all his cities to follow his religion. Dislikes civilizations with multiple religions in throughout their cities.

Zen Hojo Tokimune (Japan)- Engaku-Ji- Encampment, Holy Site, and Theater Square Districts are built in half the time. Each district and its buildings receive +1 amenity.
Agenda: Zen Meditation- Likes to keep his citizens in his capital happy. Likes civilizations that also follow this approach.

Last edited:
Top Bottom