Civ3 Complete on the newer Mac OS

I just upgraded my 2011 era MacBook to El Capitan, and now I can't get Civ III to open. Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, was there a solution? Thanks....

Is there any way to buy a download version of Civ 3 complete for Mac? Civ 3 on Steam seems to only be the windows version.

I've been wondering the same thing. It seems Aspyr had it available digitally a few years ago but it's not available anymore. It appears that the download was Power PC only for some reason. Despite that GameAgent (which I think is run by Aspyr themselves) said it would run perfectly on Intel Macs, apparently it could not run at all. I'm not sure what's wrong with Aspyr. They have exclusive rights to Civilization on Mac but they're refusing to make this game available. Granted Aspyr is a fairly terrible company but this is a new low even for them. I think they also have exclusive Mac rights to Star Wars games too but they've done the same thing with some of those games.

I'm not aware of any download option. I was hoping someone else might have better information than I do.

I just upgraded my 2011 era MacBook to El Capitan, and now I can't get Civ III to open. Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, was there a solution? Thanks....

Has anyone else had any experience of running Civ 3 on El Capitan? Thinking about upgrading from Yosemite - every upgrade I'm sure will be the last for Civ 3, but it seemed to manage Yosemite fine.

Sorry, haven't tried it yet. I'm probably going to upgrade from Yosemite soon, so watch this space.

I have a MacBook 2017 edition, which of course has no cd/DVD player. It runs Sierra. I am looking for a way to play civ3 on it without going to a windows emulator of any kind. Is there a digital downloadable version somewhere out there? I clicked on all the links provided on this thread but I guess they are too old as none of them seem to work.

Sorry, new here. Quick question: does the steam version require me to be online to play? I really want to be able to play during long flights :) So I want a native Mac version that requires no CD and can be played offline.

Sorry, new here. Quick question: does the steam version require me to be online to play? I really want to be able to play during long flights :) So I want a native Mac version that requires no CD and can be played offline.

It requires that you log in but you can then play offline as long as you don't close Steam/turn off your laptop. Putting your laptop in sleep mode will still allow you to play Civ3 when you start it back up.

So in theory, you can log in to Steam before getting on the plane and then enjoy offline games while on-board. It's not a game with cloud syncing or anything of that sort.

It requires that you log in but you can then play offline as long as you don't close Steam/turn off your laptop. Putting your laptop in sleep mode will still allow you to play Civ3 when you start it back up.

So in theory, you can log in to Steam before getting on the plane and then enjoy offline games while on-board. It's not a game with cloud syncing or anything of that sort.

Thanks!

I originally bought it on DVD, then re-bought it with Aspyr...
Now on High Sierra it doesn't start.
I finally made it work by following this thread :
http://portingkit.com/game/1032
You have to buy the game via GOG and launch it with the Porting Kit
Hope this help

Top Bottom