• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Civ4 BTS Patch v3.13 is up

at least 3.02 wasn't filled with game-breaking bugs.

Wasn't it? :rolleyes:

Anyway, what is the gamebreaking bug for single-player(ye, I know about MP) in 3.13?

Anyway, what is the gamebreaking bug for single-player(ye, I know about MP) in 3.13?

Okay, you caught me red-handed exaggerating :D.

EDIT: No wait, I thought of one. How about the bug where you can take over an entire opponent in a chain reaction of falling cities? That's quite game-breaking if you ask me.

They have 2 reasons. Ignorance and stubbornness :lol:

If 'ignorance' includes not realizing the value of the thread because mods don't necessarily read every post in every thread on this forum, you'd be half-correct. ;)

Folks, you can use the 'report post' function to make requests as well, or you could PM a mod. Both of those are much more reliable (and quicker) in getting mod attention than just posting "please sticky this" in a thread.

Folks, you can use the 'report post' function to make requests as well, or you could PM a mod. Both of those are much more reliable (and quicker) in getting mod attention than just posting "please sticky this" in a thread.

I PM'd a mod the day after Bhruic started the thread, and nothing was done until yesterday/today. :p So we tried! :lol:

And a huge thank you to whomever stickied this. It's appreicated! :D

The "report post" is probably more reliable than a PM, because all the mods can see the report post, and the first mod to log on and have time will surely take care of it (if, of course, they agree it's a good idea). Whereas PM must wait for that particular moderator to log on.... Just guessing here.

Wodan

I reported the first post by Bhruic a few days ago. Ah, well, it doesn't matter, it's stickied now. All's well that ends well or something like that (English is not my native language). Now more posters will see it.

I can imagine that you moderators have more than enough work with all of the aggressive posting during the last few weeks. Thanks for stickying it on behalf of anyone who will notice it now. :goodjob:

All my versions of BTS have had glitchy opening movies and victory movies. I was hoping the new patch would have taken care of it. I have not had this problem with any other version of Civ 4, expect the very first one, but they fixed with a patch. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running XP with an Nvidia Geforce 6200. The in game movies are fine.

Colonies overwriting dead civs, gaining their relations and most important, culture. You wipe out a civ and steal their land, someone makes a colony and poof, that colony has big culture, majority often, in what you thought was the core of your empire. There'll be a bunch of angry faces ("We want to join our motherland"), seriously reducing the cities effectiveness, and if the AP is positioned right, you might even get resolutions trying to grab your cities.

Colonies overwriting dead civs, gaining their relations and most important, culture. You wipe out a civ and steal their land, someone makes a colony and poof, that colony has big culture, majority often, in what you thought was the core of your empire. There'll be a bunch of angry faces ("We want to join our motherland"), seriously reducing the cities effectiveness, and if the AP is positioned right, you might even get resolutions trying to grab your cities.

Is that so bad? I heard of this bug, but not about the culture part of it.

:sad:

Sometimes I am glad I am no warmonger! :lol:

Is that so bad? I heard of this bug, but not about the culture part of it.

Yes, it's definitely in the game-breaking category. Now I think we can also add the "Automated workers stop building railroads" and "Corporate Executive spamming" issues to this category. Of course the Worker issue is easy to overcome for the human if it's noticed, but how about all the gimped AI's sitting around with largely un-railroaded empires? More bugs probably yet to be found.

Yes, it's definitely in the game-breaking category. Now I think we can also add the "Automated workers stop building railroads" and "Corporate Executive spamming" issues to this category. Of course the Worker issue is easy to overcome for the human if it's noticed, but how about all the gimped AI's sitting around with largely un-railroaded empires? More bugs probably yet to be found.

Both of them are not in the definition of game-breaking. Definitely annoying, specially the executive one.

Both of them are not in the definition of game-breaking. Definitely annoying, specially the executive one.

I think I'd have to disagree.

When I'd reach the late game in a highly competitive game and notice that the AI starts building mainly executives and his cities are defended mainly by executives, then the resistance the AI is offering and the chance it has for victory will be gone. No, the game doesn't crash to the desktop and thus strictly speaking, the game isn't broken. But as the AI in such a game offers no serious challenge at that point, it will stop me from playing it and that is what I call game-breaking.

All my versions of BTS have had glitchy opening movies and victory movies. I was hoping the new patch would have taken care of it. I have not had this problem with any other version of Civ 4, expect the very first one, but they fixed with a patch. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running XP with an Nvidia Geforce 6200. The in game movies are fine.

The new patch enables you to adjust the graphics settings for the ingame movies. Perhaps that will fix your problems.

I think I'd have to disagree.

When I'd reach the late game in a highly competitive game and notice that the AI starts building mainly executives and his cities are defended mainly by executives, then the resistance the AI is offering and the chance it has for victory will be gone. No, the game doesn't crash to the desktop and thus strictly speaking, the game isn't broken. But as the AI in such a game offers no serious challenge at that point, it will stop me from playing it and that is what I call game-breaking.

I still don't put it in the "game-breaking" session, but I gotta agree with you.

Anyway, I am no warmonger, so I think it affects me mostly when I get a wonder that I wouldn't get if they didn't spam executives, I think.

Perhaps we can simply agree: lazy workers annoying; spammed execs game-ruining. We don't want either of them, especially the latter!

Top Bottom