1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ4 documentation wiki

Discussion in 'Civ4 - SDK/Python' started by rkyte, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Mason11987

Mason11987 Chieftain

2. TAfirehawk

TAfirehawk WoC Team Manager

Any new info on this....

We want to include this info on the WoCiPedia wiki we are creating for the new Modular XML Loading project for BtS.

3. draco963

draco963 Chieftain

Has anyone heard from rkyte since his last post in February? I've tried sending him a PM, in reference to helping resurrect the Civ4Wiki, but he hasn't responded...

4. NikNaks

NikNaks Chieftain

If anyone wants to try and resurrect it (either re-writing or trying to find archived versions) we (the WoC) have a wiki which we're writing tutorials on. I've already salvaged what I can find, but it's seriously incomplete. For example, I can't find anything other than XML, and those aren't fully complete anyway.

I also saw someone post a website with some information on. Unfortunately, I don't have the link to hand. There is some good info there.

So, does anyone want to try to resurrect it?

5. deanej

deanej Chieftain

You mean Civilization IV Modding Reference? I'm slowly getting the XML files documented. Right now I have the Civilizations directory done as well as the text files and schema files. Civ4TechInfos is next (should be up later today).

6. NikNaks

NikNaks Chieftain

Yes, that's the one. I feel we three should combine our efforts. What do you think?

7. draco963

draco963 Chieftain

8. NikNaks

NikNaks Chieftain

Great! Here's a link to our WoCiPedia. I think what we should do is pool our information, and create 3 copies of it on our respective sites. That way, if one goes down, we'll still have the info. Does that work for you guys?

9. Arian

Arian No more ghostbusting!!

This is great! Looks promising. Thanks

10. ripple01

ripple01 Chieftain

draco, nice to see this resurrected, thanks for the work. Will try to contribute some missing stuff on there soon.

This should really be stickied somewhere, IMO.

Cheers,
    ripple01

11. draco963

draco963 Chieftain

Thanks ripple. As soon as I can get the member sign-up worked out, I'll make an anouncement. I want to make sure there's no problems before I get that far.

12. draco963

draco963 Chieftain

The Civ IV Wiki has been resurected! :D

Please come and join the site, and help make the Wiki great. The aim is the same: to be the mod reference tool, containing all information concerning all the XML, Python & SDK files.

Come and see the new Civ IV Wiki!!

13. Arian

Arian No more ghostbusting!!

Thanks Draco :goodjob:
    I'll check it out :)

14. Gerrymander

Gerrymander Chieftain

It's nice to see a Civ4Wiki again, unfortunate that it has to be built from scratch as the old one was getting to be fairly complete. I was not just a user but a contributer. So much repeated effort and less to work with this time.

15. draco963

draco963 Chieftain

Ya, it's frustrating. I got what I could, but my limited programming skills mean I myself will be mostly limited to filling in the basic file info, mainly just listing the tags...

And I would like to thank-you Gerry, for already being so active on the Wiki. :goodjob: Thanks for joining. I started a new thread for the reincarnated wiki, found here. My hope is to make clear that this is a new Wiki, that is still alive, and maybe show up on a few new searches so people can know we exist!