1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ4 Patch v1.61, SDK, PitBoss, & Low-res Movies Released!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by V. Soma, Apr 13, 2006.

1. jayeffaar

jayeffaar Warlord

You need to turn the "Detailed City Info" option back on. It's under the Graphics options, I think. It has always been an option and you probably forgot you turned it on originally.

I never understood why this is an option. The extra text can't possibly have a significant effect on frame rate and besides performance, why would anybody not want to see those numbers on the city slates?

2. Civgeek

Civgeek Warlord

Is it just me, or did they swap the grocer and market icons? I seem to remember them being the opposite of what they are now.

3. _alphaBeta_

_alphaBeta_ King

They were incorrect previously. Now they are correct.

4. Watiggi

Watiggi Deity

"Main Menu"->"Advanced"->"Options"->"Graphics" tab->check "Detailed City Info".

This should give what you are looking for. It was probably reset when you upgraded/reinstalled it.

Because IMO it doesn't really look that great with the brackets and all. It looks a little untidy with it on.

Watiggi

5. blueatheart

blueatheart Chieftain

Ah, thanks. Must've missed it.

As for it being an option instead of automatically there, you've got me. It makes the game far smoother, and eliminates hours of roll-over text reading time.

6. upthorn

upthorn Chieftain

Finally. I played (with) CIV4 a bit when it first came out, only to be frustrated at the number of limitations I found even in python modding. Eventually I decided to uninstall it until the SDK was out.

I expected to be reinstalling it in January, but better late than never.

7. PoweredBySoy

PoweredBySoy Warlord

Actually, I've noticed a lot of those same graphical glitches with 1.52, especially where units "skid" across the map. So I don't think it's the patches fault.

I was actually hoping 1.61 would fix these. :cringe:

8. MaraudingCanuck

MaraudingCanuck Chieftain

Well, I was hoping that 1.61 would fix my remaining graphic issues: missing animals, etc. However, after downloading the patch, all words have disappeared. There are no more text writing of anything on any menu (hall of fame, civilopedia... even the title screen). Anyone else have this issue??? Anyone have a correction?:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

9. Commander Bello

Commander Bello Say No 2 Net Validations

Sounds like old mods interfering.
    Try a complete deinstallation of Civ4, then reboot, install Civ4 from scratch and finally install the patch

10. MaraudingCanuck

MaraudingCanuck Chieftain

Thanks for the advice... unfortunately, I yielded the same result... Kind of a wierd problem, but what can you do???? Thankfully, it is still playable but it is really wierd having all text disappear!

11. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

well i just downloaded and installed the new patch. no trouble with either, other than it took forever to download with a standard modem. i havnt played through a game yet ive been checking out what has changed. so far everything looks great. it looks like they added some new options and senerios to the begining which is cool. i was actually able to use something other than low graphics to start up a game which was great. they only thing im a bit miffed at right now is that i noticed that the world builder was no longer avalible under the in game options, in fact i cant find it anywhere. its hardly a nessesity but it was handy and fun at times to have. i will post later if i encounter any problems.

12. Roland Johansen

Roland Johansen Deity

You probably disabled it in the start options in a custom game.

13. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

nope i went back and started a new game and there is no option for disabling the worldbuilder, i also check the ini nothing there either. i dont know why but the worldbuilder doesnt show up under the in game options anymore. maybe because the SDK is out now. otherwise the game is now working like a charm.

14. Roland Johansen

Roland Johansen Deity

You really didn't enable the option 'lock modified assets"? Ok, then I don't know what could cause it. The worldbuilder works for me so it's a local problem not a general bug for everyone out there. Not that that helps you.

Good luck!

15. djenghis

djenghis Warlord

Can we replant forests with this patch now?

16. Watiggi

Watiggi Deity

No. Same as before.

17. Codeman

Codeman King

i still haven't installed it. waiting until i finish the game i'm on. should be this week. i have had no problems with any aspect of the game. are the changes really better?

18. olsenej

olsenej Chieftain

Is there a new version of Civscale for the new patch 1.61?
    I'm new to this and had to use Civscale before to get full screen display.
    I have a Dell 20"fpw and have been using 1680X1050.
    Tks for any help.

19. Teh_Hunter

Teh_Hunter Chieftain

when i instaled the update it messed up the game everytime i try to play i get in load or start a new game it start to load the game and when it finished the game exisits out completly. help plz.

20. Watiggi

Watiggi Deity

First things first, remove any mods you have and any changes you've made and then clear (or delete) the cache and try again.

If that doesn't work, reinstall civ4 from scratch again and see. Note that when you reinstall the game, the configuration settings you had will be changed, so there will be some subtle differences.

Watiggi